Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Steve Nash: NBA MVP...again

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "PurplePride80" wrote:
    "Benet" wrote:
    The best man at Point in the NBA getting what the position has deserved for a long time.

Oh, and screw Tim Duncan!

(Sorry.. talking about the NBA, I have to mention my hatred of Tim Duncan somewhere!)
    LOL, Steve Nash isn't the best point guard in the NBA, Allen Iverson is.
    2 completely differernt type of players.
    Iverson is NOT the best point guard in the league, nor is he the best guard! Nash is the best PG in the league, and he deserves the MVP. The job of a point guard is to distribute the ball (10.5 assists), run the offense and serve as an outlet in transition. Nash does all of those things EXTREMELY well and also scores almost 20 PPG. Look at the Suns this year, 7 of their players are having the best years of their career because of Nash's ability to break down a defense AND he led his team to over 50 wins in the West without Amare Stoudamire. There's no doubt Nash is the best point guard in the league and was DEFINATELY the most valuable player to his team.

As far as AI goes, AI really isn't even a point. He used to be the best 2 guard in the league, but not anymore. Kobe is hands down the best off-guard in the league, and probably the league's best player. Don't get me wrong, AI had a heck of a year this year, but Kobe scored more points, had a better shooting percentage (both FGs and 3 Pointers), better free throw percentage, more free throws made, more rebounds per game, and averaged only 1.5 assists less than AI (and Kobe didn't have Chris Webber to take the pressure off!) Kobe is also a better lock down defender than AI. AI averaged more steals (not by many) but Kobe is the better overall defender.

Oh, and Lebron is a better guard than AI is too.
    I agree that Lebron James and Kobe Bryant are better guards than Allen Iverson. But that's not the argument, the argument is who is the better point guard, Allen Iverson or Steve Nash.

Your right, the job of a point guard is to lead the team, distrubute the ball, and serve as in outlet in transition. And Nash does all of these things better than Iverson. But Iverson also does a great job of getting his teammates involved, he averages 7.4 asssits per game( Nash only averages three more) and he's a much better scorer and defender. Iverson had a great year, this year, and if the Sixers were a winning team, he would have also been an MVP candidate.

And I'm pretty sure you would agree that Iverson getting that 2000-2001 Sixers team to the NBA Finals, is more impressive than what Steve Nash has done with the Suns.
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

Perch56 is offline Pro-Bowler

ya i heard this i dont think he had a good of season as he did last year so i think lebron or kobe should've got it

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"olson_10" wrote:
    RACIST..Kobe or LeBron deserved it 1000 times more than nash..take nash out and insert brevin knight and that team would be equally as good
    :shock: I'm gonna go ahead and assume that's sarcasm!

"PurplePride80" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "PurplePride80" wrote:
    "Benet" wrote:
    The best man at Point in the NBA getting what the position has deserved for a long time.

(Sorry.. talking about the NBA, I have to mention my hatred of Tim Duncan somewhere!)
    LOL, Steve Nash isn't the best point guard in the NBA, Allen Iverson is.
    2 completely differernt type of players.
    Iverson is NOT the best point guard in the league, nor is he the best guard! Nash is the best PG in the league, and he deserves the MVP. The job of a point guard is to distribute the ball (10.5 assists), run the offense and serve as an outlet in transition. Nash does all of those things EXTREMELY well and also scores almost 20 PPG. Look at the Suns this year, 7 of their players are having the best years of their career because of Nash's ability to break down a defense AND he led his team to over 50 wins in the West without Amare Stoudamire. There's no doubt Nash is the best point guard in the league and was DEFINATELY the most valuable player to his team.

As far as AI goes, AI really isn't even a point. He used to be the best 2 guard in the league, but not anymore. Kobe is hands down the best off-guard in the league, and probably the league's best player. Don't get me wrong, AI had a heck of a year this year, but Kobe scored more points, had a better shooting percentage (both FGs and 3 Pointers), better free throw percentage, more free throws made, more rebounds per game, and averaged only 1.5 assists less than AI (and Kobe didn't have Chris Webber to take the pressure off!) Kobe is also a better lock down defender than AI. AI averaged more steals (not by many) but Kobe is the better overall defender.

Oh, and Lebron is a better guard than AI is too.
    I agree that Lebron James and Kobe Bryant are better guards than Allen Iverson. But that's not the argument, the argument is who is the better point guard, Allen Iverson or Steve Nash.

Your right, the job of a point guard is to lead the team, distrubute the ball, and serve as in outlet in transition. And Nash does all of these things better than Iverson. But Iverson also does a great job of getting his teammates involved, he averages 7.4 asssits per game( Nash only averages three more) and he's a much better scorer and defender. Iverson had a great year, this year, and if the Sixers were a winning team, he would have also been an MVP candidate.

And I'm pretty sure you would agree that Iverson getting that 2000-2001 Sixers team to the NBA Finals, is more impressive than what Steve Nash has done with the Suns.
    Getting that talent poor team to the Finals was a good feat, but the East sucks. I just don't think AI's numbers are as good if he has to play against the Spurs, Suns, Lakers, Mavericks etc. night in and night out.

I still think Nash is the better point guard over Iverson. Oh well, agree to disagree. :grin:

Benet, whats your deal with Duncan? He's been nothing but a class act and a perfect role model, not to mention a dominant forward. He basically single-handedly turned around the spurs franchise when he was drafted.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

like i said earlier although i am dissapointed kobe didnt win it will just fire him up for the playoffs and especially against steve nash(i cant stand that guy)

JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler

Nash..MVP, again??? I don't get it. Nash is a great player, but MVP? Please. Lebron, Kobe, Wade. Dirk,Chauncey .... I have lost respect for the NBA and the whole MVP thing.

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Good for him...

He deserves it....he gets his whole team of losers and nobodys to play like somebody and put up big stats....

Consider this:

Boris Diaw-A bum in Atlanta (with the Hawks, no talent, he should've looked like a gem compared to those losers if he's that good!)
    Raja Bell- Has always been a 3rd option on depth charts, now he's putting up numbers
    Tim Thomas-Got sat by the lowly Bulls (I dont care if theyre in the playoffs, theyre a .500 team!) and now he's ripping it up with Nash!

Guys from last year:
    Q Richardson- Led the league in 3's last year, what did he do this year? Nothing, he's a bum...
    Joe Johnson-Has put up solid #s for the Hawks, but they still suck and can't win games....

Nash deserves the MVP...Kobe has been scoring like crazy, but he's a one man show, Nash could be a one man show (maybe not like Kobe, but Nash is a small,ugly white boy, give him a break) but he racks up assists every game....true team player and I love that he got the MVP....

A.I.'s a scorer (and my favorite player) and Kobe's a scorer...but obviously scoring 40 every night doesn't win very many games if you can't get your teammates involved....

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"Benet" wrote:

Why do you hate Tim Duncan?

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

Del Rio Guest

Raja Bell did fine in Utah with no Steve Nash

YR TM MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG

04-05 UTA 28.4 .454 .403 .747 .8 2.4 3.2 1.4 .70 .13 1.25 3.30 12.3
    05-06 PHX 37.5 .457 .442 .788 .6 2.6 3.2 2.6 .96 .28 1.13 3.10 14.7

He has gradualy gotten better every year of his career.........minus Steve Nash

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"olson_10" wrote:
    RACIST..Kobe or LeBron deserved it 1000 times more than nash..take nash out and insert brevin knight and that team would be equally as good
    That's total BS!

Nash made his team better by involving his teammates...the other two guys mad their teams better by mainly being the leading scorers on their respective teams. Nash deserved this award AS MUCH AS the other two did...and he won it fair and square.

Playing the RACE card on this is total BS!

BTW, my favorite NBA player is AI, so don't try and play that card on me either. (And no smart-butt comments from you either, Polo!)
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast