Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Steak House Owner Refuses To Serve OJ

LOUISVILLE, Ky. —
    The owner of an upscale steakhouse in Louisville said he asked O.J. Simpson to leave his restaurant the night before the Kentucky Derby because he is sickened by the attention Simpson still attracts.

"I didn't want to serve him because of my convictions of what he's done to those families," Jeff Ruby said in a telephone interview Tuesday. "The way he continues to torture the lives of those families ... with his behavior, attitude and conduct."

Simpson, an NFL Hall of Famer and Heisman Trophy winner, was found innocent in 1995 of killing his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and Ron Goldman but was found liable in a civil trial that followed.

Ruby — who owns restaurants in Cincinnati, Louisville and Belterra, Ind. — said Simpson, who was in town for the Derby on Saturday, came in with a group of about 12 Friday night and was seated at a table in the back. A customer came up to Ruby and was "giddy" about seeing Simpson, Ruby said.

"I didn't want that experience in my restaurant," Ruby said, later adding that seeing Simpson get so much attention "makes me sick to my stomach."

He said he went to Simpson's table and said, "I'm not serving you." Ruby said when Simpson didn't respond, he repeated himself and left the room.

Ruby said Simpson soon came up to him and said he understood and would gather the rest of his party to leave.

Simpson's attorney, Yale Galanter, said the incident was about race, and he intended to pursue the matter and possibly go after the restaurant's liquor license.

"He screwed with the wrong guy, he really did," Galanter said by telephone Tuesday night.

Ruby said the incident had to do with Simpson's past.

"It was the first time since 1994 he has ever shown any class," Ruby said. "He showed it that night in the restaurant" by leaving quietly.

Ruby said after Simpson left, people in the restaurant started applauding him. He said he has received about 100 positive e-mails since the incident.

The walls of Ruby's restaurants are decorated with celebrity photos. A photo of Simpson and Ruby used to be on display, but Ruby said he took it down after the killings.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Steak House Owner Refuses To Serve OJ

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    LOUISVILLE, Ky. —
    The owner of an upscale steakhouse in Louisville said he asked O.J. Simpson to leave his restaurant the night before the Kentucky Derby because he is sickened by the attention Simpson still attracts.
    When I first read the headline, I was all like, "WTF???
    You got something against extra pulp??"

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

This is so weird, just a few days ago, my wife and I were talking about OJ, for some reason, and were saying how we couldn't believe that everyone seems to not have a problem with him murdering people.

Good for this guy, I applaud him!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    This is so weird, just a few days ago, my wife and I were talking about OJ, for some reason, and were saying how we couldn't believe that everyone seems to not have a problem with him murdering people.

Good for this guy, I applaud him!

I agree with you PPE!

Jamie Foxx was having an after the Oscars party about a year and a half ago and OJ showed up.
    Jamie went on stage took the mike and announced to the crowd they were having a killer party and that murderer OJ Simpson was there and he made OJ leave.

Plus the attorney goes to the race card right away what a douche bag!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

"Giddy" about seeing Simpson?!?!

That's just weird.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I'm glad this d-bag still gets shunned.
    I can't believe are people out there that think he is innocenet.
    It's also nice to see him living the life of the party while the familiies of Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown sits back and don't see a penny from the civil suit.
    This guy is a class act douche and I can't believe people want to hang out with him.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

O.J. Denied the Chance to Slice Up Beef
    Posted May 9th 2007 3:40AM
    by mjd

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

They should have let him in.
    He could show them an easier way to cut up the meat.

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    LOUISVILLE, Ky. —

"I didn't want to serve him because of my convictions of what he's done to those families," Jeff Ruby said in a telephone interview Tuesday. "The way he continues to torture the lives of those families ... with his behavior, attitude and conduct."

Simpson, an NFL Hall of Famer and Heisman Trophy winner, was found innocent in 1995 of killing his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and Ron Goldman but was found liable in a civil trial that followed.

Ruby — who owns restaurants in Cincinnati, Louisville and Belterra, Ind. — said Simpson, who was in town for the Derby on Saturday, came in with a group of about 12 Friday night and was seated at a table in the back. A customer came up to Ruby and was "giddy" about seeing Simpson, Ruby said.

"I didn't want that experience in my restaurant," Ruby said, later adding that seeing Simpson get so much attention "makes me sick to my stomach."

He said he went to Simpson's table and said, "I'm not serving you." Ruby said when Simpson didn't respond, he repeated himself and left the room.

Ruby said Simpson soon came up to him and said he understood and would gather the rest of his party to leave.

Simpson's attorney, Yale Galanter, said the incident was about race, and he intended to pursue the matter and possibly go after the restaurant's liquor license.

"He screwed with the wrong guy, he really did," Galanter said by telephone Tuesday night.

Ruby said the incident had to do with Simpson's past.

"It was the first time since 1994 he has ever shown any class," Ruby said. "He showed it that night in the restaurant" by leaving quietly.

Ruby said after Simpson left, people in the restaurant started applauding him. He said he has received about 100 positive e-mails since the incident.

The walls of Ruby's restaurants are decorated with celebrity photos. A photo of Simpson and Ruby used to be on display, but Ruby said he took it down after the killings.
    I don't understand why the ignorant media tries to rewrite what was said.

There isn't a court of law . . . anywhere in this country . . . that will find a person innocent of charges.
    They are either found GUILTY or NOT GUILTY.
    Nowhere will you find a court utter the words . . . innocent.

Why?
    Because in this great nation of ours, you are presummed innocent until found otherwise.
    They don't try innocence . . . the try guilt.

Additionally, OJ wasn't found innocent . . . he was found not guilty on the specific charges brought against him.
    While highly unlikely, new charges can be brought against OJ and it isn't considered double jeopardy.
    I don't remember if he was tried in STATE or FEDERAL court, but the other that didn't try him, again unlikely, can bring charges against OJ . . . and it isn't considered double jeopardy.

Now you have your first pre-law lesson.

I am glad the restaurant owner told him to hit it . . . and I think he commited the crimes also.

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Well, all he needs in his restaurant is a sign that says "we have a right to refuse business to anyone" and he woudl've been ok.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast