Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stay Tice Stay

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Stay Tice Stay

I have dogged on Tice in the forum, maybe a little too much. There is no doubt that he is funny and a loyal coach to his players. But the simple fact of the matter is he has to start showing that he can coach the game of football on Sundays.

I would love to have someone come in and coach the Vikes for a long long time. I was just saying in the forum the other day how I would love to have a coach like Cowher (I never thought for one minute that he was a good coach) that has the fortitude and support to stay around for years.

I think that Tice and Cowher are similar in the fact that they were green when they started and they are both players coaches. The difference is that Cowher got his teams to win.

Positives for Tice supporters:

I can't believe someone in the media asked him this question.

Q: Would you take the Notre Dame job?
    Tice: No, I like my job here. I like working with you guys. I love my team, my staff. I don't know why I'd want any other job but this job, frankly, to be honest with you. I'm not shopping for a college job. I'm not anxious to leave anywhere.

DoubleDown11 is offline Pro-Bowler

Stay Tice Stay

Pessimistic- no

Realistic- yes
    something witty and comical... followed by genuine sarcasm.

Stay Tice Stay

I am not a proponent of changing coaches, I just want to see some production.

Tice is definitely a likeable guy, if he wasn't, the media would be dogging him more than they are now.

The question I ask you is, are you willing to go through the growing pains of the last 2 seasons for 2 more years or so B4 Tice gets better at coaching(snap decisions on Sundays)?

Del Rio Guest

Stay Tice Stay

The thing is this is the NFL one year you can win the superbowl then the next Free Agency tears you apart. No one can see into the future of who we will have or who we wont by the time Tice becomes a good coach.

And I would think with the talent we have now we should be able to put up some convincing numbers, and also along those lines if he can't be successful with who we have now will he ever be?

Stay Tice Stay

"Del Rio" wrote:
    The thing is this is the NFL one year you can win the superbowl then the next Free Agency tears you apart. No one can see into the future of who we will have or who we wont by the time Tice becomes a good coach.

And I would think with the talent we have now we should be able to put up some convincing numbers, and also along those lines if he can't be successful with who we have now will he ever be?

FA and Injuries can do damage to a team in a short amount of time.

Del Rio Guest

Stay Tice Stay

I agree and a good coach can pull it together. Especially in our situation now. We are banged up, but we are still better then most teams IMO.

It's not about technique or schemes at this point. It's about spirit, heart, and guts. Everytime opens his mouth all you hear about is I went over tape, we should win, we were in position. So technical.

He needs to dig deep and start preaching some smack mouth football, some pride. The pieces are in place they just need the motivation. You mentioned Cohwer that guy is all emotion baby. He looks like if you put a helmet on him he would be laying the smack down. Players feed off that.

I don't want to hear about you watched film twice, i don't care he scored out well. I want to hear I threw the tape out we know what we need to do.

The Seahawks are coming into OUR house, they have hopes for playoffs as well as us. Just wanting to get to the playoffs isn't enough. It needs to be personal. You need to want to hurt the hawks make it so THEY DON'T make the playoffs. Take the next step, take initiative, make the move.

/rant off

DoubleDown11 is offline Pro-Bowler

Stay Tice Stay

Amen, Del Rio

I probably have no patience, and hearing about Tice watching film to see if the LB's "are staying in their lanes" irks me a little bit.
    something witty and comical... followed by genuine sarcasm.

Stay Tice Stay

Tice is a great guy, but he is not going to be a good coach for a while. He has never coached a team before this, so he has a lot to learn and a lot of mistakes to be made before he can be a great coach. Witnessing his mistakes and trying to stick with him through the hard times is something I cannot do. Same thing applies to the players...i dont want to sit and wait on Hovan or Bennett to come full circle..get the best guy out there now. I love Tice, but some of his decisions mirror the fact that he is an immature coach, and it affects our team.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Stay Tice Stay

"ADubya26" wrote:
    Tice is a great guy, but he is not going to be a good coach for a while. He has never coached a team before this, so he has a lot to learn and a lot of mistakes to be made before he can be a great coach. Witnessing his mistakes and trying to stick with him through the hard times is something I cannot do. Same thing applies to the players...i dont want to sit and wait on Hovan or Bennett to come full circle..get the best guy out there now. I love Tice, but some of his decisions mirror the fact that he is an immature coach, and it affects our team.
    Any suggestions on replacements for Tice? Remember, it has to be someone who can come in next year with a legitimate shot at winning it all (ala Gruden in Tampa Bay when they got rid of Dungy)...otherwise it would make no sense not to stick with what we have got now. 8)
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Stay Tice Stay

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "ADubya26" wrote:
    Any suggestions on replacements for Tice? Remember, it has to be someone who can come in next year with a legitimate shot at winning it all (ala Gruden in Tampa Bay when they got rid of Dungy)...otherwise it would make no sense not to stick with what we have got now. 8)

Good point Cajun.......I still think Tice should stay.... I just like the guy....Im willing live with some growing pains .....I think he will get it done....I think stability will lead to success.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast