Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: State of the Union

I think the officer was entitled to use deadly force just after seeing the guy with a gun. Enl?

I would've dropped him after I saw he had one. I would rather lose my badge and be sued than to have my kids bury me.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I think the officer was entitled to use deadly force just after seeing the guy with a gun. Enl?

I would've dropped him after I saw he had one. I would rather lose my badge and be sued than to have my kids bury me.
    wurd

(except replace kids with loved ones because i don't have kids)

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

This kind of stuff ticks me off. Darn right the Officer did the right thing. Once the gun was out (the suspects), there is NO way to safely disengage. The SUSPECT made it a "gun day", not the Officer.

But, what gets my blood running is the "I don't care what the video shows..." garbage. You know why? Because he's absolutely RIGHT. His son DIDN'T have to die. Perhaps, if he'd been a better father and taught his son values and respect for the law, his son wouldn't have wound up with "lead poisoning".

Now, because he failed as a father, he's threatening to sue? Sue yourself butt-munch!! YOU failed, not the system. It's just too bad that someone else had to clean up your mess.

Caine

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Cop did the right thing, no doubt. You can see clearly on the video the guy was definately trying to kill him, so what's wrong with killing in self defense all of a sudden?

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingNed" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    Hey, if I am a cop and someone shoots at my head, it's now him or me.. He could have possibly have shot him in the back, or wherever but he didn't have that much time to think. Good job on the Trooper's part to keep himself alive.. Let's see, mile long record, a gun in his possesion, and cocaine in his car.. Now tell me, if this dude would have had a clear shot, we would have been talking about a cop killer here instead of the other way around.
    Shot him in the back?....At that place and time, after being shot at, you shot to kill.....You have to dispose of the threat......No if's and's or but's...

I feel bad for his parents, but it's always hard for parents to accept that hard fact. Espeicaly when it's their child that was killed. Plus I'm sure some jiggly butt white lawyer is filling there heads with all types of BS...for the chance to make a buck off their sons death.....Now thats sick....
    Too bad Cochran isn't alive anymore, or it would be him. He'd break out the Chewbacca defense! :grin:

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca.

Chewbacca is a Wookie from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about that. That does not make sense! Why would a Wookie, an 8 foot tall Wookie live on Endor with a bunch of two foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! If Chewbacca does not make sense you must acquit!"

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"ltrey33" wrote:
    Cop did the right thing, no doubt. You can see clearly on the video the guy was definately trying to kill him, so what's wrong with killing in self defense all of a sudden?
    Nothing.

People just think that because a family member was killed (rightfully so) by a cop that they are entitled to money.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12