Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

State of the Union

"I don't care what the video shows, my son didn't have to die". This is the country we live in. In the vehicle cocaine was discovered and this guy had a record a mile long. Good Job Trooper! Since justice for victims cannot be found in a present day courtroom!

http://www.videovat.com/videos/1204/trooper-shoots-driver-dead.aspx

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

Re: State of the Union

Also two things to ponder. You can see at the end of the tape the trooper attempting some sort of field dressing on the turd to stop his bleeding. Would you do this for someone who just tried to kill you? Secondly if there was no video, and the suspect was shot in the back of the head what city would be rioting today? This happens every day and it's about time one of these made it to the news which shows the truth!

Oh yeah and Go Vikings!

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

You're a cop yourself, right? What would you have done in that situation? I just think the cop is lucky to be alive - he did the right thing...IMHO...
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

pokeyisme is offline Rookie

"shockzilla" wrote:
    You're a cop yourself, right? What would you have done in that situation? I just think the cop is lucky to be alive - he did the right thing...IMHO...
    I am a former reserve police officer in iowa, and after looking at the video, this is a text book traffic stop gone wrong. We are trained to handle any situtation that comes our way, in this case it's nasty. i did notice some mistakes made by the trooper though!!! after he walked up to the car he should of taken his license and went back to his squad car and called in his information!!! and if there is any sign that there is going to be trouble call for back up!!!!! we are taught that everyone that we pull over has the oppertunity to kill us in some ways (in other words take all percautions in every situtation). in the end i believe that the officer did the right thing!!! remember that if an officer tells you something (like stop or get up against the car) and you don't do what the officer says and you turn and approch him in a manner that the officer deems life threating, there is a strong possibility that you will get tasered or worse shot!!!

"shockzilla" wrote:
    been a police officer for 10 years. although the trooper made some tactical mistakes (all cops do) his actions represent how most officers approach traffic stops so i can't fault him at all. it's hard to stay razor sharp on every stop. i've had over 1100 arrests and work in a violent county. i've been shot at, punched, kicked, spit on, hit with a car and even had a birthday cake thrown at me but nothing like this incident. so i can't sit here and judge the troopers actions. not every stop is the same...all i have is praise for the guy.

i could care less about the cop killing turd being shot. what bothers me is the parents of the turd outrage at the trooper and stating they may sue the officer. i mean how justified do you have to be? what the hell is wrong with people?

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

The trooper did the right thing. I wondered why he did not do it earlier. But, I would imagine he had to wait until he was able to draw his gun.

The father suing....yeah. Don't even get me started.

IMO, its a no-case. The officer used deadly force because he feared for his life.

One more waste of life off this earth....good!

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

good work on the trooper's part..if you shoot at a cop's head at point blank range, then YES you DO deserve to die
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I can feel for the parents, no one would want to see his or her son killed.

But the officer did the right thing, the moment the guy shot at the cop all bets are off, it's you or me at that point....Nice to see the good guy win....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Hey, if I am a cop and someone shoots at my head, it's now him or me.. He could have possibly have shot him in the back, or wherever but he didn't have that much time to think. Good job on the Trooper's part to keep himself alive.. Let's see, mile long record, a gun in his possesion, and cocaine in his car.. Now tell me, if this dude would have had a clear shot, we would have been talking about a cop killer here instead of the other way around.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    Hey, if I am a cop and someone shoots at my head, it's now him or me.. He could have possibly have shot him in the back, or wherever but he didn't have that much time to think. Good job on the Trooper's part to keep himself alive.. Let's see, mile long record, a gun in his possesion, and cocaine in his car.. Now tell me, if this dude would have had a clear shot, we would have been talking about a cop killer here instead of the other way around.
    Shot him in the back?....At that place and time, after being shot at, you shot to kill.....You have to dispose of the threat......No if's and's or but's...

I feel bad for his parents, but it's always hard for parents to accept that hard fact. Espeicaly when it's their child that was killed. Plus I'm sure some ass white lawyer is filling there heads with all types of BS...for the chance to make a buck off their sons death.....Now thats sick....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast