Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33
  1. #11
    Tad7's Avatar
    Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,448

    Re:The State of PP.O

    The site being slow has gotta hurt. But there's also just a lot less to talk about and debate this Summer. The pieces are in place.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

    X MARKS THE SPOT

  2. #12
    Dekay's Avatar
    Dekay is offline Pro-Bowler Element Quest Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    386

    Re:The State of PP.O

    First off there is the slowness of the site.

    Secondly teh Facebook login button doesnt show from the start so you have to click the "login" button, which ofcourse makes you fail a login but in the screen that comes up you have a FB connect button.

    After you click that, it doesnt import your picture nor status from facebook. That feature doesnt work.

    And its just running and that login screen with your old pic on FB doesntgo away, so you click the X in the upper right corner, and tadaa you are logged in anyways, somehow.

    Only to a short while after being logged out so you have to do the same shitty procedure i described above.

    Sometimes i dont bother logging in at all, which might explain why there is so few members logged in and so many guests lurking.

    Oh and the huddle is way too fast, i think its near inusable as it is right now.

    And i agree, the newshound is missed. On teh other hand I dont think there should be a manual operation. Couldnt there be a script or something, that scans the internetsites after vikingsrelated articles and automagically posts them in the forum. Like an advanced RSS feed or something.

    I dunno, im justrambling randomly. Ive posted inother threads about my dislikes but to no avail it has seemed, so hopefully this thread will be noticed!

    I was so happy with the new look and stuff so i gave 100 bucks right away. I dont regret it, but I now look at those 100 bucks as "payment" for long and good service, or for perhaps fixing those things above.

    If they arent fixed until the season starts. Im gone from this site because i get irritated every single time i try to login! I realise i dont really make an impact on this site, i post too seldom, but i like lurking around and reading especially since i met so many of you and I like you all alot!!

  3. #13
    Randy Moss's Avatar
    Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    453

    Re:The State of PP.O

    The site has been nearly unusable since they changed it. It is so slow.

  4. #14
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re:The State of PP.O

    Dekay wrote:
    If they arent fixed until the season starts. Im gone from this site because i get irritated every single time i try to login! I realise i dont really make an impact on this site, i post too seldom, but i like lurking around and reading especially since i met so many of you and I like you all alot!!
    Don't you be leaving, bud. We need all of our crazy foreigners around keeping us 'Mericans honest!

    As to the site - it has definitely gotten slower since the new format was implemented. There's no doubt about that. I think a lot of that has to do with what seem to be external links which each page is doing as part of a reload after clicking a link.

    And I also seem to get logged off after what, to me, seems a rather short time of inactivity.

    AND - if I browse to another site while waiting for this one to load, my "unread" messages all mysteriously become read.

    But - I trudge onward in spite of all that because this is the Vikings community with which I am most comfortable.

    Skol.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  5. #15
    Dekay's Avatar
    Dekay is offline Pro-Bowler Element Quest Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    386

    Re:The State of PP.O

    Zeus wrote:
    Dekay wrote:
    If they arent fixed until the season starts. Im gone from this site because i get irritated every single time i try to login! I realise i dont really make an impact on this site, i post too seldom, but i like lurking around and reading especially since i met so many of you and I like you all alot!!
    Don't you be leaving, bud. We need all of our crazy foreigners around keeping us 'Mericans honest!

    But - I trudge onward in spite of all that because this is the Vikings community with which I am most comfortable.

    Skol.

    =Z=
    I hear ya! I wont leave in first place. I Agree that this forum is the one I feel home with. It aint the same on the others, not that ive given them much of a chance MOHAHAHA!!!

    \DK

  6. #16
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,579

    Re:The State of PP.O

    Not enough to talk about. We know we are going to win the Superbowl this year anyways,
    We're bringing purple back.

  7. #17
    SKOL's Avatar
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,735

    Re:The State of PP.O

    I was irritated, and was somewhat scarce for awhile because I couldn't get my avatar to animate:



    I got over it. I'll stick with Chicken Little until it works.

    The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

  8. #18
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re:The State of PP.O

    SKOL wrote:
    I was irritated, and was somewhat scarce for awhile because I couldn't get my avatar to animate:



    I got over it. I'll stick with Chicken Little until it works.
    I hear ya. i lost my maple leaf, then I found a suitable replacement:


    but unfortunately it won't animate

  9. #19
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:The State of PP.O

    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    SKOL wrote:
    I was irritated, and was somewhat scarce for awhile because I couldn't get my avatar to animate:



    I got over it. I'll stick with Chicken Little until it works.
    I hear ya. i lost my maple leaf, then I found a suitable replacement:


    but unfortunately it won't animate
    OOOOOOOO CAAAAANNNNAADDAAAAAAAA!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #20
    El Vikingo's Avatar
    El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,358

    Re:The State of PP.O

    gregair13 wrote:
    Not enough to talk about. We know we are going to win the Superbowl this year anyways,
    +1 ,birng me September.
    El underdog.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mississippi State
    By Prophet in forum College Ball
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-28-2011, 10:32 AM
  2. Red State Update
    By BigMoInAZ in forum Two Beer Minimum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-02-2008, 06:44 PM
  3. O-H-I-O State will be #1!
    By ultravikingfan in forum College Ball
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-17-2007, 08:42 PM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-21-2007, 08:42 AM
  5. going for state
    By mr.woo in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-15-2006, 07:39 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •