Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Starting Nursing School on Monday

Hey everyone,
    I am officially blessed. I applied and got into Nursing school despite a local 2.5 year waiting list. I start on Monday and will wrap up a BSN in two years. I'm really excited about my change in careers (IT was a bit to Mundane..go figure). Are there any nurses on the board? I know it a male dominated board and nursing is typically a female dominated industry but I was checking to see if there was anyone with any advice for a new fledgling. I plan to jump into a CRNA program and possibly grab my Masters after. :silly:

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Starting Nursing School on Monday

kevoncox wrote:
    Hey everyone,
    I am officially blessed. I applied and got into Nursing school despite a local 2.5 year waiting list. I start on Monday and will wrap up a BSN in two years. I'm really excited about my change in careers (IT was a bit to Mundane..go figure). Are there any nurses on the board? I know it a male dominated board and nursing is typically a female dominated industry but I was checking to see if there was anyone with any advice for a new fledgling. I plan to jump into a CRNA program and possibly grab my Masters after. :silly:
    Congrats my friend.

Baby sister (my daughter) started out pursuing a degree in nursing (2 years at UVA), switched her degree (2 years business), and then switched back. Just finished this year and started her first paying job this monday.

Suffice it to say, it is a good field to get into as there is lots of work out there what with all the "Baby Boomers" coming of that age. She basically picked the best offer from several opportunities.

Good luck and study hard.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro wrote:
    kevoncox wrote:
    Hey everyone,
    Congrats my friend.

Baby sister (my daughter) started out pursuing a degree in nursing (2 years at UVA), switched her degree (2 years business), and then switched back. Just finished this year and started her first paying job this monday.

Suffice it to say, it is a good field to get into as there is lots of work out there what with all the "Baby Boomers" coming of that age. She basically picked the best offer from several opportunities.

Yeah it's a great field. I have 4 buddies that are nurses and a couple of female friends. My cousin is the Director of Nursing at Long Beach Hospital in CA so i should have something lucrative lined up once I get out of school. I had to take a drastic paycut to be able to go back to school and lastly.....my hours on Friday are 7AM to 8PM :side:. Thanks again for the well wishes. Studying and school have always come easy. Lets hope that luck continues.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

kevoncox wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    kevoncox wrote:
    Hey everyone,
    Congrats my friend.

Yeah it's a great field. I have 4 buddies that are nurses and a couple of female friends. My cousin is the Director of Nursing at Long Beach Hospital in CA so i should have something lucrative lined up once I get out of school. I had to take a drastic paycut to be able to go back to school and lastly.....my hours on Friday are 7AM to 8PM :side:. Thanks again for the well wishes. Studying and school have always come easy. Lets hope that luck continues.
    On a side note, I suppose this means no Hampton game again this year.

One day my friend, one day, you need to return for a day of fishing followed by a game. Mabye a graduation present in 2.5 years.....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Lol. Yeah. My schedule is about to be insane.Classes and work starting at 8AM ending 9PM.

I'm also getting back into football shape. I am down to a svelte 230lbs down from 250 in Dec and 270 a year ago. Hey who knows people may stop asking me if I played LB in college.

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Gratz black cooker.

I remember a friend started Nursing studies ,after several jokes from everyone of us(quite funny btw) ,the guy used to tell me than 90 % of his classmates were girls,some of them quite hot if you may ask,he ended his studies and is working for a Public Hospital with a good salary and a hot wife (nurse too )
    El underdog.

El Vikingo wrote:
    Gratz black cooker.

I remember a friend started Nursing studies ,after several jokes from everyone of us(quite funny btw) ,the guy used to tell me than 90 % of his classmates were girls,some of them quite hot if you may ask,he ended his studies and is working for a Public Hospital with a good salary and a hot wife (nurse too )
    I would be lying if I say I have never thought about the complete 180 my career will have take. I'm in a field that is possible 80% male to one that will be about 8%

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Good luck! The long days will be worth it if your cousin in CA hooks you up B)
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

I started higher nursing this year... But I quit. I just didn't like it.

I hope that you'll have more luck. My class had 2 guys and 10 girls. Had around 20 hours of class per week. A lot of self study and group work was involved.

Good luck.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

My son is a nurse in the Army, he was an enlisted man until he graduated and is now a 1LT serving at Fort Irwin, CA. He just finished Critical Care course at Fort Lewis, WA and is now packing for his next assignment, really hard duty in ......Hawaii! Yeah, life as a nurse is really tough, but there are a few bennies on the side. :laugh:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast