Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

Star Wars: Empire at War

So I picked up this new game from Lucas Arts, Star Wars:Empire at War. There has been alot of hype building this game up the last few months so I thought I would be in for a great game. Well I was right. Besides a few small things the game overall is great.My personal favorite has to be the space battles, they were done wonderfully, the ground battles however were lacking in part to the fact that there is no 'build unit' rather 'building plots' which are in fixed locations. The building plots also don't allow for building of toops or vehicles. this makes land battles difficult. the whole 'galactic conquest' idea is great but i would have rather had them spend more time on making bigger and better maps then more planets. I hope that lucas arts comes out with an expansion where they eliminate the 'building plots' and put a larger scale on the maps. Also i would like to see the republic ad the CIS brought into the game.Also the fact you can share you teamates upgrades is really cool.

Has anybody else bought this game? If so we should try to hook up and do a space battle it is pretty sweet. Once you get up to your own death star is when it really gets cool.

My overall score out of 10:

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Star Wars: Empire at War

i really want to paly this game. after it has been out for a while, maybe i will go out and buy it. it looks really really amazing. i loved red alert and other RTS and everyone likes star wars so this game is a perfect game for alot of people. it should do very well on the market.
    We're bringing purple back.

purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

Only negative part so far is playing online. The spam on the message boards is horiible and it really slows the game down. I am sure they will fix it soon. It plays exactly like the C&C Games I also loved to play those. Only thing is you start with your structures allready built.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

C'mon, you know I bought it! :lol:

It's really a sweetheart of a game. The space battles are all great and taking fleets of Star Destroyers into battle and using the Death Star to blow up planets is awesome. My only gripes are the money and the seemingly arbitrary unit caps. Money at the beginning is very scarce and at the end the unit caps get in the way of unit production. Overall though, it's awesome. I give it an 8.5 or 9 out of 10.

"purpleFavreEaters" wrote:
    Also i would like to see the republic ad the CIS brought into the game.
    Eventually there will be a CIS and Republic mod (made independently). The one really awesome aspect of this game is that Petroglyph made it the very first RTS game that was made with modders in mind. That means that it will be easier for people to mod the game and make new civilizations and units, meaning we're going to see Republic vs. CIS mods and even post-Return of the Jedi mods that have a lot of Expanded Universe stuff in them. The best thing about it is I won't get bored. Eventually playing with the same units will get kind of stale, but then the mods will come out and it'll be fun again.

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

I saw a buddy playing it a few rooms down and it really didn't look like anything too special to me.
    ;-)

TheKnuck is offline Asst. Coach

downloading now on my favorite torrent site! not that big a fan of rts, so thats why i'm downloading. sure its a blast if you dig rts's.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

anyone know if its mac compatible

adamv is offline Rookie

"nephilimstorm" wrote:
    anyone know if its mac compatible
    Join the dark side...
    Clutter reducing sig here...
    Many Viking fans wouldn t know a good thing if it mooned the Pack.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

It's no Starcraft I'm sure.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Going a little bit off topic but has anyone played the first ever dark forces series of star wars that came out for windows and mac back in 97, 98? That game was fun and was like one of the first star wars games to come out.

Kyle Katurn was da man, esp against those dark troopers.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast