Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

Star Wars:Battlefront II

was just wondering if anybody had picked up Star Wars: Battlefront II yet? i loved the first one but don't know if the gameplay is different enough to buy the 2nd one, since the game is only really fun if you have some friends over to play the multiplayer which is by far the strongest part of the game.

Thanks Josdin

TheKnuck is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Star Wars:Battlefront II

I honestly didn't like the 1st one, didn't even bother getting the patches after the first few. highly disappoined. Although the 2nd one looks far better, I know i won't buy it. It might be worthy of a download at spytorrent. But i cannot condone that type of activity. I was really into Battefield 2 for a couple months, but i've cut down my playing time significantly. Your talking about PC right? My friends always used to have lan party's but now that everyone has moved away, its hard to plan. Never had a problem finding a cool "clan" to join while playing online though. I can recommend "lucidzombie.com" for your battlefield 2 needs (strictly BF2), great guys, great competition, monthly scrims, great forum site.

actually i was talking about Playstation 2 but i'm sure the gameplay would be similar on any platform. i would use my computer for it but games don't respond well on this computer, i think i have a lousy video card.

i was disappointed in the single player mode in the first one it was too simple and was pretty much the same everytime just in a different environment. i heard in the 2nd one though you can play like capture the flag and other game types so it sounded like it might be sightly better but i don't want to spend 50 bucks on a game that i'll only play when my friends are over.

Thanks Josdin

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I saw it on TV just right now.. It looks ok.. Im not the biggest starwars fan though.. And I don't have 50 bucks

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    I saw it on TV just right now.. It looks ok.. Im not the biggest starwars fan though.. And I don't have 50 bucks
    i'm a star wars freak. i lost count of the number of times i've seen the original three movies.

it looks cool but i don't want to spend 50 bucks on a game that might be the exact same as the first one. i did that with the Madden games i bought 2004 and then bought 2005 the day it was released and wasn't impressed by it at all, only time i play it is when my friends come over. i still play the 2004 franchise mode, even though almost everbody on my original roster has retired :lol:

Thanks Josdin

TheKnuck is offline Asst. Coach

I know it's different in that you can play as a jedi, but not sure if you have to unlock these players or what. That in itself sounds cool. These games are definately not the single-player type. gotta get online with your buddies and have some fun. x-fire and ventrilo are good for pc users (chat online while playing)

Another reason why pc is better than platforms, updates. New patches (levels, characters, weapons, etc.) are available for download that you can't do with a ps2 or xbox. just check the games website and wait for updates, they will be posts and forums talking about all that junk.

yah i used to play 'Starcraft:Brood Wars' and WarCraft II and III online but with WarCraft III my video card was crapping out on me so i haven't played online in a long time.

the whole thing with the jedi is if you're doing awesome then you can choose to be a jedi instead of a stormtrooper/rebel etc... the ship battles look pretty cool too

Thanks Josdin

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Dunno, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic I and II were the only star wars games I enjoyed playing, and they were awesome.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

yah i've heard nothing but good things about those games Italian and i'd own them if i had an X-Box but i currently only have a PS2.

Thanks Josdin

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Resident Evil 4 is sick on PS2. I bought that like 3 days ago its so scary as wimpy as that sounds

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast