gpete13 is offline Starter

Star Wars Battlefront

Star Wars Battlefront

Its a simple game, kill or be killed - but its fun as hell. I can see people that aren't fans not digging it long term, but hell I have been waiting for this game all my life.

Its not the hardest of games. You need to defeat the other team by taking over all the command posts or kill all of the other team. The command post are where you are spawned from after you are killed. If they cant respawn then they cant come back when they are killed.

There are a bunch of boards of different star wars planets and use the correct soldiers (cold they use the snow stormtroopers). I think 8 planets with either 1 or 2 boards on each of them. Some have 3 party involvement's, on Tatoone there are sand people that attack every one, plus the Sarlac pit that if you get too close it snags you in to it. Ewoks on endor.

There are two different sets of warriors that face off against each other, Empire Vs Rebels and Clone warriors Vs battle droids. I haven't played much with the clones and droids, why bother when you can be a stormtrooper.

There are different modes that you can play and some versions you will get rewards to assist you, one of the coolest is jedi hero is added, which means Darth Vader or Skywalker helps his team. They usually kill anything in their way. (When you get close to Vader you hear his breathing). On-line is great. Broadband only, there is more of a challenge playing against a non-computer controlled player. Communication isn't that great, allot of stupid chatter or people having the volume too high.

Controls are easy enough to get used to, the left stick moves you and the right stick aims and directs you, the R1 shoots your primary weapons, the L2 throws your secondary weapons, thermo detonators. there are like 5 classes of solider to pick, a regular grunt (I usually take him), a heavy attack cannon guy, a pilot, a sniper and special guy (wookie, dark trooper). All have there own different weapons and different skills. You have ammo and health, but there are droids that can heal you and reload you.

Fun game. I think I played over 10 - 12 hours of it over the weekend, maybe 8 hours of that on line.

DoubleDown11 is offline Pro-Bowler

Star Wars Battlefront

I have it for PC, it is tough as heck to drive the vehciles with any accuracy, I think I need a new mouse!

So PS2 supports the headset? How is vehicle control on PS2?
    something witty and comical... followed by genuine sarcasm.

Star Wars Battlefront

Yeah it supports the headset. Its an open mic so sometimes its not the best thing to have. I kept hearing people having to say "Little Kid, shut off you mic!" and some people breath alittle too heavy or like to have the TV really loud.

I find the vehicles a little hard to fly as well. Im not the best with the controls, you use both annolog sticks, with the extra direction of up and down in it, not too easy for me. But I am getting better with practice. Im not brining down AT-ATs with the snowspeeder, but I see other do it pretty easily.

duffVIkEs is offline Pro-Bowler

Star Wars Battlefront

NERD ALERT!!!!!

Star Wars Battlefront

I hate that game my dam roomate and his dork friends play it every dam second

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

Star Wars Battlefront

sounds like a sci-fi version of battlefeild...

Star Wars Battlefront

"duffVIkEs" wrote:
    NERD ALERT!!!!!
    hahaha. I think enjoying a science fiction video game hardly qualifies one to be a nerd. Now if you excuse me I need to repair my bi-focals with some tape and its off to the pocket protector store for the 2 for 1 sale.

DoubleDown11 is offline Pro-Bowler

Star Wars Battlefront

I am a geek not a nerd!
    Yeah I must admit it is pretty nerdy but it is fun as hell..... It is like Battlefield, Medal of honor, Call of duty, only in the Star Wars universe.
    something witty and comical... followed by genuine sarcasm.