Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: STAR WARS!!!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

STAR WARS!!!

OK, I was going to wait to post this topic 'til a few days before, but I cannot wait any longer. I think this post may be met with good feelings, or hostility and taunts of me being a nerd. However, I'm going to continue anyway....
    [size=18px]
    We are now less than 2 and a half weeks from Star Wars Episode III!!! [/size]

As you guys can see from my Sig, I'm pretty excited. This is gonna be an awesome movie. For all of you that say "Episode I sucked, and so did Episode II, and this will be no different, and it will never meet the original trilogy", you can bite me. It WILL be good. I read the novelization, and the novelization was awesome, and the movie will be 10x better, because frankly, Star Wars movies are mostly visually oriented. It will be more explosive and have much more fighting/drama/emotion than the last two. And we get to see Anakin turn into Vader and go postal on some people! Who doesn't think that's cool? As far as meeting the Original Trilogy standards, maybe it won't meet those standards, but very few films/series have. But it will be a good movie and true to those standards, I can gaurantee that. Anyone else as excited as me? Or are you all naysayers/people that don't care?

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: STAR WARS!!!

Actually, I've been a fan since '77. I saw every one of the films in the theater until Episode II...I couldn't generate any desire after the debacles that were Ewoks and Jar-Jar.

In my opinion, Lucas blew it in Return when he decided to use Ewoks instead of Wookies - and, yes, I've read WHY he decided to do that...I just don't agree. Teddy Bears versus Stormtroopers...and the Teddy Bears WIN?!?!?!?!? Then how come everyone ELSE gets smoked by Stormtroopers?

In Episode 1 - which I was still pumped for - he gave us Jar-Jar. That was bad. Worse still, however, was the kid playing Anakin. He would've been better off using a marionette...or a muppet (Kermit as Young Anakin. lol). I HATED the kid and WANTED him to die (in the movie...not in real life), even though I knew he wouldn't.

So, Episode 2 slipped by me, but I bought the DVD. It was....better. A little long on the mushy stuff, and on the "Anakin battles his inner demons", but it was a solid return to the series. Sort of like "The Empire Strikes Back" in that the mood (or "flavor" if you will) was a bit darker.

So, I will go see Episode III in the theater again. I'm actually looking forward to it.

Caine

PS: Where did you get your sig clip?

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

Episode 1 was fine, except for Jar Jar Binks (I hate that bastard), Episode II was pretty sweet, and Episode III is gonna kick some serious ass. I haven't read the Novelization, though, mostly because I don't want to know what happens untill I see it happen.
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

can u tell me why lucas used Ewoks

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

I WILL be going to see this! I have been waiting ever since Episode II came out in the theaters... I have all 5 movies on DVD (bought the WIDESCREEN edition of the original trilogy), and I am really psyched for this one! I predict this one will be the best one of all six - you heard it here first!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

6-KINGS Guest

I will be there on Day one.
    I am even taking my daughter out of school at noon to see it.

I have been a HUGE fans since the 70's

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

I'll probably watch it when it comes out on DVD but I definately won't go see it in theatres. I've never been a big fan of the Star Wars movies. However, I'm not going to sit here and bash the movies just because I don't like them because I know there's MANY people around the world that LOVE these movies, maybe some a little too much. :thumbright:
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

6-KINGS Guest

RAT BASTAGES!!!!
    I can never get my picture to show up under my post.
    Sum in na whorb!!!!

6-KINGS Guest

RAT BASTAGES!!!!
    I can never get my picture to show up under my post.
    Sum in na whorb!!!!

6-KINGS Guest

I will be there on Day one.
    I am even taking my daughter out of school at noon to see it.

I have been a HUGE fans since the 70's

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast