Prophet Guest

Spurrier comes to town

While everyone else is watching the Vikes last preseason game I'll be sitting in the stands hoping for an upset.
    The Mississippi State Bulldogs are hosting the South Carolina Gamecocks and the game is nationally televised on ESPN, the crews started setting up shop yesterday.

Man, I hate Spurrier.
    I would love to see him disgraced nationally...I'm not putting any money on it though. Football is in the air, that is good enough.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Spurrier comes to town

"Prophet" wrote:
    While everyone else is watching the Vikes last preseason game I'll be sitting in the stands hoping for an upset.
    The Mississippi State Bulldogs are hosting the South Carolina Gamecocks and the game is nationally televised on ESPN, the crews started setting up shop yesterday.

Man, I hate Spurrier.
    I would love to see him disgraced nationally...I'm not putting any money on it though. Football is in the air, that is good enough.

Well I hope you enjoy the game Prophet, I usually try to make it to two UCONN Games a season myself..

My sister told me she had some tickets for us already to one of the Huskies home games this year, but she's not sure who the other team was....I'm hoping it's West Virgina Or Pitt..........

I'll have to watch some of your game on ESPN.....I would think it should be a good game, both teams have been playing at about the same level of play the past few seasons.......

Enjoy...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

"Prophet" wrote:

Man, I hate Spurrier.

While I'm not a South Carolina fan, I am a Spurrier fan.He is my all time favorite coach! So many great memories of him coaching my Gators!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

While all you guys are watching football....I'll be playing our first game of the season, against Bloomington Kennedy!

I'm soo pumped for the game, I cant believe its already football season.
    We've got a great team (CHASKA HAWKS) and were gonna unload on Kennedy.

BTW, if any of you know about Eden Prairie, the "powerhouse" in high school football, they are also on TV around Minnesota (FSN).

BTW, if you live around the Twin Cities, and are bored on September 29th, go to Eden Prairie High School to watch the best high school football game in Minnesota of the year!
    Last year, we didnt even have that good of an offense, and we took it to 2OT, and won 10-7!!!

GO HAWKS!! :lol:

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Looks like ole Spurrier pulled out a win last night.Wasnt pretty, but hey it was the first game.I'm not a gamecock fan tho, so I really dont care.

GO GATORS!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"SharperVikings" wrote:
    While all you guys are watching football....I'll be playing our first game of the season, against Bloomington Kennedy!

BTW, if any of you know about Eden Prairie, the "powerhouse" in high school football, they are also on TV around Minnesota (FSN).

BTW, if you live around the Twin Cities, and are bored on September 29th, go to Eden Prairie High School to watch the best high school football game in Minnesota of the year!
    Last year, we didnt even have that good of an offense, and we took it to 2OT, and won 10-7!!!

What team is yours?
    Did you win last night?
    Eden Prairie pounded my Apple Valley team (well, not MY team, outside of it's the nearest high school to our house in AV), but that's all good.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "SharperVikings" wrote:

What team is yours?
    Did you win last night?
    Eden Prairie pounded my Apple Valley team (well, not MY team, outside of it's the nearest high school to our house in AV), but that's all good.

=Z=
    Doh!
    Now I see - Chaska!

From the STrib:
    "THURSDAY'S BEST
    RUSHING
    * Greg Lane, Chaska:
    Lane ran for 205 yards and three scores as Chaska cruised past Bloomington Kennedy 33-14 in the Lake Conference."

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Looks like ole Spurrier pulled out a win last night.Wasnt pretty, but hey it was the first game.I'm not a gamecock fan tho, so I really dont care.

GO GATORS!
    Yeah, and what was amazing is that The Ol' Ball Coach has a great defense now, and he will develop the offense as the season progresses. It will be interesting to see how SC does in the SEC because the conference is very tough.

I still wish The Ol' Ball Coach was still coaching my GATORS, because I miss his shots at Phat Fullmer, Tennessee and FSU.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Prophet Guest

A good game.
    MSU held them the first half to 0-3 and picked off their first pass.
    MSU has no QB, started a sophomore that is horrible and finished the game with a freshman that shows promise, they couldn't do anything on offense.
    Spurrier pulled out a trick play for their only TD.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"Prophet" wrote:
    A good game.
    MSU held them the first half to 0-3 and picked off their first pass.
    MSU has no QB, started a sophomore that is horrible and finished the game with a freshman that shows promise, they couldn't do anything on offense.
    Spurrier pulled out a trick play for their only TD.
    That 1st half was a great defense battle, but the OL for both teams are terrible and that may be an understatement.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."