Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Re: Spring Cleaning: Sigs

150 is fine for old, 100 going forward where possible...

Blog Entries

its just rough guidelines....we won't be nazi on a single sig, but if you have three you can be assured you will only have one left.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

If anyone needs help with sig size, I will volunteer my services in reducing or helping those that have Photoshop figure out how to reuce their own sig. PM me is you need help.

For those that have photoshop 7.0 or CS, go to the pulldown menu under Image. Look down the menu and find the Image Size and click on it.

When you do this, a pop up screen comes up and tells you the size in pixels and in inches and in resolution.

The other option that is really cool in the 7.0 and CS, is the Save for Web function under the File pull down. You can take your original image and save it as a reduced quality. As you adjust the quality (slider), it will tell you the size in kilobytes. You can also get an idea of how long someone on dial up will have to wait just to see the image, Fun Stuff!!

Webby is talking about Pixels when he is talking about 400x100.

Webby, are you assuming that everyone is using 72 as the resolution to bring down the overall size/quantity of the image for the easier loading?

Here is the link to the thread in the HELP forum that might be Helpful.

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9064

Blog Entries

72 dpi is all that is shown on a screen, so that would be the deal. I will help if I can, I just optimize them in ImageReady for web, or some website on the web I am sure optimizes images.

I've been really relaxed on this lately.

Again, its a gentleman's request. Please help me out and I won't need to waste my time editing people's profiles.

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"Webby" wrote:
    72 dpi is all that is shown on a screen, so that would be the deal. I will help if I can, I just optimize them in ImageReady for web, or some website on the web I am sure optimizes images.

Again, its a gentleman's request. Please help me out and I won't need to waste my time editing people's profiles.
    Webby....I wanna see the sexy picture!

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

"Webby" wrote:

Yes, 72 is what is displayed, but will affect the overall siz/quantity of info that is being loaded, for those on slow connections, that means something...right.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Still quite a few double sigs out there?????

Blog Entries

72 dpi can look beautiful. Just have to have the right tools. Even the largest highest depth photos are just 72 dpi online. When you use image ready and take an image from Max down to the 50-60 range, to the naked eye the images look nearly identitical, but i can take a file from 75k to 20k.

I am giving time for compliance. Its gonna kill me in the conversion to the new site if its not cleaned up.

"Webby" wrote:
    72 dpi can look beautiful. Just have to have the right tools. Even the largest highest depth photos are just 72 dpi online. When you use image ready and take an image from Max down to the 50-60 range, to the naked eye the images look nearly identitical, but i can take a file from 75k to 20k.

I am giving time for compliance. Its gonna kill me in the conversion to the new site if its not cleaned up.
    Speaking of 72 DPI, the Cannon and Fuji cameras take the photos at 72 DPI. Atleast when they are opened in photoshop that is what is says.

These 8mp and 12 mp cameras like 72 DPI. It is like 30x40 inches and in the 3-4 mb jpeg range, but it is at 72 DPI.-----Just a tidbit.

Most of the recent sigs that I have produced, have been 400x150 and about 13k-20k at 72dpi. Like I said, I have the image ready, but I just use the save for web option.

sandviking is offline Pro-Bowler

This is sick and twisted, but mostly funny!! Everybody wondering if "mine's too big or too small". Does anyone see the humor in this? I am a twisted little monkey!

Peace through superior firepower!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"sandviking" wrote:
    This is sick and twisted, but mostly funny!! Everybody wondering if "mine's too big or too small". Does anyone see the humor in this? I am a twisted little monkey!
    That's because, despite the relatively small picture size, it takes up 27K of file space.

Mine for instance, takes up only 19K.

Yours should be, I'm guessing, 10K or less.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast