Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SPREWELL

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

SPREWELL

I wish I could be barely feeding my family at 14 million a YEAR!! What a damn joke!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

SPREWELL

Wow...how many kids does Spree have?

27?
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

pudgesoprano is offline Asst. Coach

SPREWELL

i guess we should suspect this from spree he is a packer fan

but since he's his own agent he said the stuff that's mostly the agent would say.
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

SPREWELL

[size=18px]Stern is Stern, he is the man.[/size]

He issued a statement to Sprewells comment about his money issues.

To make this short, he said he was not going to have fortunate athletes complain about 7 and 8 figure salaries when the average fan will never make 8 figures in a lifetime.

He also said that he better not hear any complaining about refs calling fouls this year. A foul is a foul and it will be called. :argue:

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

SPREWELL

I don't care who you are, how much you make, or what kind of job you do.... noone wants to be told to do the same job you did last year, for 1/2 of what you were paid.

SPREWELL

"jackyl" wrote:
    I don't care who you are, how much you make, or what kind of job you do.... noone wants to be told to do the same job you did last year, for 1/2 of what you were paid.
    Are you talking about the silly way that contracts are set up. It is a contract that he must have signed and agreed. You can't just change that. The T-wolves when taking on his contract had to be able to count on it be the amount. You can't go a whole year, try to plan out the future based on what people are making and are going to make. They had to sign other players too. They counted on having money to sign the other players and can't get it back now.

Isn't it common to get a lot up front and a little after that. If I sign a contract for a job, I can't go back and change it. Sometimes one client demands more time than another = less profit/time spent. Sign a contract live with it.

SPREWELL

Also, the owners don't go back and say hey, you couldn't play 10 games because of injuries, we want our money back. Oh your FT% is less than it was last year by 5% points so we are going to take some of our money back. These players are so protected and they shouldn't complain. Like I said, the owners sign the contract and the players sign the contract. You can't go back on it!!!

He may have wished he would have asked for more. I bet the truth is that when he signed it he didn't expect to make it that many seasons. When he signed it he was probably glad to secure that much money but now it is not enough. If you beleive in your talent enough, then sign a one year deal year after year. If you want job or money security, sign a contract like Shandon Anderson, he just got bought out for like 30 Million. Sometimes it works out for the owners and sometimes it works out for the players.

I can't say that I wouldn't take the money like Anderson but it looks bad. The guy gets paid, he isn't going to fininsh his contract. I understand this more than I understand Spree's position. Anderson probably was planning his life around having that money guaranteed and if he didn't get atleast part of it, he might have financial problems because of it. Also it is not by his choice that he is getting cut. And they saw something in him and now they want to gt rid of him so they have to pay, that is fine by me.

I am glad Spewell is on the T-wolves but I don't like what he said. He has made some amends for what was said. I just don't like the timing of it and I don't like the selfishness of it. I think that the T-wolves have and will treat him good. He also didn't have to make it public. Why do we have to hear about it. He should not have said anything to the public and media. He obviously thought it would help his selfish cause.

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

SPREWELL

True. But the deal here is with the extension. He was offered a 2 year deal and refuses to sign it for 1/2 of what he made last year. He would like to stay here, but his production doesn't warrant getting paid 1/2 and certainly not LESS than Wally.

SPREWELL

True. He was saying when this post started that he didn't want to play this year for an ungreatful team.

Then he needs to play his ass off this year and see what he demands on the market next year if he doesn't want to sign it. I have been impressed with his play so far this season and think he is definitely an asset this year.

I also think that his attitude has changed some. I also like the fact that he is not making a big deal out of it now.

If he can get more from the T-wolves or someone else more power to him. He owes the T-wolves everything he has to give this season. He is part of the TEAM. This is one reason why he has an ageant so he doesn't have to be distracted by this.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

SPREWELL

Can I please sign a contract for a tenth of the .6 of his contract for this year. That would be 60,000 a year!! Wow that sure would be nice to make that!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12