Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SPREWELL

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

SPREWELL

Read this!! If he doesn't want to play for a contender and can't feed his family on the 14.6 million, dump his ass. I like having Spree play for us but this is insulting. He must want KG to share some of his wealth.

[size=18px]What's Up with Spree???????[/size]

Article from Excite.com sports

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Latrell Sprewell says he'll ask to be traded if the Minnesota Timberwolves don't sign him to a contract extension by Wednesday night's opener.

"I think this thing is heading towards me leaving, personally," Sprewell told reporters after practice Sunday.

Earlier this preseason, Sprewell said he wanted a contract extension by the Wolves' Nov. 3 opener against the New York Knicks, or he would ask for a sign-and-trade deal or wait to become a free agent. Either way, Sprewell said he didn't want to negotiate during the season.

But he took a tougher stance Sunday.

Asked if he would play out the season and test the free-agent market, Sprewell said: "Why would I want to help them win a title? They're not doing anything for me. I'm at risk. I have a lot of risk here. I got my family to feed. Anything could happen."

Neither Sprewell's agent, Robert Gist, nor Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor immediately returned phone messages left by The Associated Press on Monday.

Sprewell, Sam Cassell and league MVP Kevin Garnett formed the NBA's highest scoring trio last year in leading the Wolves to the Western Conference finals. Sprewell averaged 16.8 points last season and is due to make $14.6 million this year.

Sprewell has said he doesn't want to take a pay cut. But at 34, the Wolves could be hesitant to oblige. Sprewell described the team's latest offer, reported to be worth between $27 million and $30 million over three years, as "insulting."

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

SPREWELL

Yeah, this guy is so bad, he gives professional sports jerks a bad name! OH, POOR BABY CAN'T LIVE ON 14 MILLION DOLLARS!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

SPREWELL

Truth is he is old and he should be glad to be playing for us and have a chance to win a title.

Ship him back to the warriors if he doesn't like it. Then see how you feel about it. Or maybe an expansion team.

I originally wanted to see him back but if he is going to be a distraction, get rid of him.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

SPREWELL

I really like him so I say keep him... but he needs to realize he isn't going to be getting KG type money!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

SPREWELL

Screw that coach-choking bastard...get rid of him while you can, T-Wolves!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

SPREWELL

I woulda never signed the punk to begin with. Sorry, TNT, I don't have much patience for the "New NBA". Give me five guys who can set picks, roll on defense, and pass five times before they shoot and I'm there cheering like crazy.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

pudgesoprano is offline Asst. Coach

SPREWELL

if he sits out he will just be a timberwolve next year so if he wont.

hey if i played i would want to make the most money
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

duffVIkEs is offline Pro-Bowler

SPREWELL

ummm, go LAKERS

pudgesoprano is offline Asst. Coach

SPREWELL

"duffVIkEs" wrote:
    ummm, go LAKERS
    lakers

get lost
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

SPREWELL

The guys on PTI and Around the horn trashed spree today.

They had barkley on and he was like he is getting 14 mil now, I never got that when I played. He was almost insaulted that spree was getting paid that much. He said spree should be happy at his age just to get paid. SOmething like that.

Tomorrow is the deadline! I just can't believe spree said"why would I want to win a championship for them" That just blows me away. I don't understand that attitude.

I liked how he played last year. I would like his help this year but if he is going to be greedy of 2 or 3 MIL then send him packing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast