Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sports Weekly

vikesfan is offline Starter

Sports Weekly

I have a subscription to Sports Weekly and I just wanted to let everybody know about this weeks issue. There are a couple pages talking about Randy Moss and how mature he has become. They actually got an interview with him. It's really a good read. Moss talks about how close he and Culpepper are, and also about his leadership and how he helps all the younger players. It's really an interesting article. Moss truly sounds like a leader on the Vikings, someone that younger players can go to. I was surprised to see a national publication shine such a positive light on him!

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Sports Weekly

:thumbright:

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Sports Weekly

Do you have a link or something or can you post the article so everyone can see it? :bom:
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

duffVIkEs is offline Pro-Bowler

Sports Weekly

i wish that article was on the internet i would love read it without buying anything

im cheap

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Sports Weekly

how about a scanner and post it

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Sports Weekly

How about typing it out.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Sports Weekly

Sorry I haven't responded yet to any requests for the article. I don't have a link for it or anything, but tomorrow (hopefully if I have some time) I will go through it and type anything interesting. It's pretty long so I probably won't do it all, but I'll definitely do all the quotes from Moss and anything else that I found interesting.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Sports Weekly

Thanks, Vikesfan. I am also interested to see what he said.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Sports Weekly

Ya thanx man.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Sports Weekly

Okay, as promised, here are the highlights from an article written in last week’s edition of Sports Weekly. I have included all the quotes from Moss.

A Hybrid Moss is Taking Root
    Written by Jim Corbett

“This clearly is a different Moss than the one who has been criticized in the past for taking plays off during games… Moss practices harder than any teammate, takes every catch to the end zone and has emerged in his seventh season as a more committed team leader.”

Moss: “You’re either here to win a Super Bowl or for the money. And I’ve never been in this game for the money. The only thing I’m lacking on my resume is a Super Bowl victory. We’re making great strides towards reaching that goal. It’s a different type of group. The group I came in with was a veteran team that knew how to win. This group has young veterans. It’s a team that doesn’t know how to win yet. But if we can combine our youthful talent with learning how to win, that can translate over to maybe not just one Super Bowl title, but maybe two or three.”

The conversation drifts over to Korey Stringer.

Moss: “When Korey passed away, I’d never experienced anything like that in my life. I wondered how I’d ever overcome that. He was a great friend. Myself and Daunte have that kind of bond now… But there’s a lot of guys once affiliated with the Vikings, guys like Big K (Korey Stringer) and Randall McDaniel and Cris Carter, Denny Green, Jake Reed, Robert Smith and Chip Myers who, when we hold that Super Bowl trophy up, I want them to feel as if they held it up, too.”

Moss on being criticized: “I’ve been criticized a lot. Criticism doesn’t hurt me. It’s not really important to me what other people think. My teammates know I’m a team player, and I’d bend over backward to help this team win.”

Mike Tice says the plantar fasciitis in Randy’s foot is a “non-issue” that got “blown out of proportion.”

Moss: “I take my job seriously now. Probably in my first few years, I didn’t take it as seriously, being a student of the game. I didn’t know how to approach it. Now if a player comes up and asks me a question, I’m there. I try to work hard every day. I try to teach the young guys how to practice.”

Ted Cottrell says he’s happy to be in Minnesota. He says he’s in a better place now with the Vikings then he was with the Jets. He goes on to say that there’s a lot of potential on the Vikes defense. Then Winfield says that the defense could possibly be in the top 10 in the league this year.

Moss on the defense: “Since I’ve been here, Daunte and I have been accustomed to carrying the big burden. We were accustomed to beating the defense up every day in practice. Now that we’ve made some key acquisitions, the defense has been tearing our heads off. It’s very frustrating in practice when we get beat by our own defense. But it’s a good sign. We need to show we know how to win close games and keep on winning.”

That is a very short version of the article, which is a very interesting one. The magazine is called Sports Weekly and it’s available at most stores and gas stations. It only costs $1.50 and this issue will be out until next Wednesday, when the new one comes out. But if anybody wants to buy this one, it’s definitely worth it for the whole article. It should jump out at you because the cover is a big color picture of Moss in a purple Vikings practice jersey. Onto the side of the big picture of Moss it says, “Super Expectations – A more grown-up Randy Moss takes the lead in the Vikings’ hunt for the playoffs.” And at the bottom in big yellow letters it says “Climbing Higher.”

Anyway, I hope everybody enjoyed this. It’s a long article so I only typed some of the main points, but Moss sure sounds like he’s matured into a great leader on this team. Although it doesn’t really matter, I do hope that similar stories to this one start getting more coverage on places like ESPN. Because Moss really does get a bad rap for things that he apparently has overcome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast