coreyd is offline Coach

Sports as we know it.....

I am sorry folks but I have been meaning to add this post all day, and I have to get this off of my chest.

I think sports as we know are starting to fall apart.

First off you have mad NBA players running into stands and assulting fans. Granted what was going on was not right, but you are being paid millions a year. Hell, I would stand around and get things thrown at me for 200,000 a year.

Then we have the NHL which cant even come to an agreement on MONEY. Who cares about the money. Just think about all of the people who never made it out of college to even go pro. When I think about the NHL situation I think about the movie "The Replacement." I rather pay money to watch people that want to play for the love of the game than for the money.

Now there is the steroids in the MLB. GIVE ME A BREAK! You think the people who set all of these records ever "juiced?" Probably not! And if they did it sure as hell never showed. Look at Babe Ruth. Not a top physical player in my book.

So, that leaves me with the problems in the NFL. Sure what "Coach" Tice did might be called petty to some, but when you are in a leadership role, there are a few things that you just dont do. And then there are players like Kelly Campbell, and Romanowski, Ricky Williams, Larry Ned.....etc.

Where and when is this shlt going to stop!? I am getting tired of hearing about all of the athletes (and now a coach) that thinks they are special because they are amongst pro sports. Call me stupid, but I think that what Tice did tops the list of stupid moves. When you are in a role and you are trying to be a leader, you need to set an example for those under you.

Bottom line, sports as we know it are being ruined by those who could have never built them to what they have become!

Thoughts.....

slowlow is offline Rookie

:drunken:

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

<burp>

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

I agree 100% - I'm sick and tired of seeing these overpaid, undersexed, dysfunctional adolescents flaunt the law, the rules of society and get away with everything but murder (O.J. Simpson notwithstanding). Some of the crap they get away with - what do you think would happen if you or I were caught doing drugs on the job? We'd be in the slammer, not given 2nd and 3rd chances!

Society would be a LOT better off giving the money these jerks command to REAL heroes like teachers, cops, firefighters, etc...

*/rant off*
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

unfortunately society cares more about being entertained than being taken care of. obviously.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"TheAnimal93" wrote:
    unfortunately society cares more about being entertained than being taken care of. obviously.
    I do. :lol:

coreyd is offline Coach

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "TheAnimal93" wrote:
    Sports figures are not heros....the real heros are people go help others, like fire fighters, cops, and teachers. And the people that offer their lives for their country and get paid $17,000 a year to do so (Military).

Dont get me wrong, I enjoy watching sports, but the people who play them are not the great people of this country......

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"coreyd" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "TheAnimal93" wrote:
    Sports figures are not heros....the real heros are people go help others, like fire fighters, cops, and teachers. And the people that offer their lives for their country and get paid $17,000 a year to do so (Military).

Dont get me wrong, I enjoy watching sports, but the people who play them are not the great people of this country......
    Agreed. And the best role models are parents.

coreyd is offline Coach

This is true. I am just amazed at the poor decisions these guys make. I dont think they understand the impact they actually make on kids wanting to go pro. I mean, whether they did it or not (Tice, Kobe, etc.) its the simple fact that they should not be in the position to be second guessed.

Take Tice, even if he wasnt guilty of doing it, he still should not have had anything to do with any ticket scam ever. Whether he was an asst or not.