Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ExtremeRavens is offline Waterboy

Sports Illustrated Drops the Ball

Sports Illustrated has decided to ignore the results of the poll, perhaps because a corporate network of sites was extremely shut out by fans likely causing some extreme embarassment for a new partnership. In any event, here is what was received:

As you probably know from SI.com?s new NFL team pages, bringing readers the best, most relevant news from across the web--even if it comes from our competitors?is one of our core philosophies. To take that experience to another level we also think that fansites, those enlightened, loyal communities of news, opinion and user interaction, are an integral part of that model.

As you certainly know, SI launched a vote in the magazine?s NFL preview issue asking readers to choose the top fansite in each market from the four that our editors nominated as the best, with the goal of linking to the winner. But because of the enormous outpouring of votes we received, SI.com has decided to include all of those sites on our respective NFL team pages. Over the course of the season we will closely monitor each site to make sure it continues to serve the readers with valuable information and maintains standards high enough for us to include them on our pages.

Congratulations to all and thanks for participating in our poll.

Paul Fichtenbaum
    ExtremeRavens.com
    The Voice of Raven Nation.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Sports Illustrated Drops the Ball

Bottom line is, we all know who the #1 Viking Site is...

OUR VERY OWN PPO
    ;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Well thats pretty lame.
    I don't even know why they even needed to factor in voting results with the Vikings.
    This site is so much better than any other out there for Vikes fans that it makes all others look pathetic.

Prophet Guest

Not very surprising.
    ESPN doesn't want to destroy any credibility that they have by listing a website that has 100 members with one to two people on the site at any given time.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

The truth of the matter is that the psych that runs that
    Vikings (last part rhymes with Hoard) sent an email to to that Kirchenbaum guy and lied saying that all of the pother sites were spamming the voting site(he should know, since he is an expert), and especially since he was doing the same thing. Evedently, at lest the wayy he spinned it, it made it sound like that he belived what other sites were doping and that is why. He knew wthat there was no way he could win and then even bragged about it on the website. Yeah beliveing that some one that has integrety and then steals most of his stuff from other sites and tries to take credit for it. Sad that someone like that is allowed to get away with what he does

damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

if bigdaddy's post is correct, someone should write to that Kirch guy and give him the scoop about the other guy's site bragging.... a link to said post could get them booted off the SI site.
    WE won that poll and it is BS that their "wannabe"
    site gets posted too!

Thanks Lotza!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Yah, I read that before.
    Some whiners who we will not mention (the ones that initiated the stuffing of the ballot box and were in 3rd) bombarded SI with cheese and whine.

Del Rio Guest

Who cares?

VB Sucks donkey balls. He will probably e-mail SI and tell them that in order for them to use his sites name they have to pay him a monthly membership.

If you pay for SI are you going to go to some rotten goat sack of a site and pay to read their "premium content" I doubt it.

Hell I would have been more excited and voted more if they were offering free Swimsuit issues. I bet VB is more excited then a re-tard at chucky cheese.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"damien927" wrote:
    if bigdaddy's post is correct, someone should write to that Kirch guy and give him the scoop about the other guy's site bragging.... a link to said post could get them booted off the SI site.
    WE won that poll and it is BS that their "wannabe"
    site gets posted too!
    Sports Illustrated's Editor and I spoke after we found out VB contacted him lying about circumstances.

He is aware of the situation and it is what it is.

It was great that we showed him the posts from Mike at VB, as well as his bragging emails to members here.

If I were SI's editor,
    I wouldn't want to deal with the mess either.

There are reasons why Vikings Update and others like us with quality will not deal with a shady, lying psychopath who does every underhanded move and then claims to take the high road in public.
    The guy is so lame he sends me emails that call me fat.
    Of course, I'm not.
    Signs me up for tons of spam newsletters with the username "Fatty".
    Etc.

That's how bright he is!

If thats the kind of guy you want running a community, then no problem, enjoy.

We have higher standards.

Of course, this post will now be referenced by his guardians there who scour our site,
    hidden is his "pay to post" hostage scheme, and they will flay me for accepting all members, young or old.....which is what it should be anyway:
    a fan is a fan and you are welcome here.

SI is aware, and they are well aware of the quality of content, members, and more here.

I agreed with SI, to avoid the mess, and the mess they made listing Purple Pride twice, its best just to list em and knock em off later.

I also let SI know they should also include the likes of Kansas Viking, etc, because if they want to list good sites, they should.

They have a nice site and shouldn't be missed in a list.
    Purple-pride and us got mixed in voting; they have a nice site too and there should have been clearer separation.

In summary, I can guarantee I was the only one contacting SI in a non self-serving manner in an attempt to influence his members or public standing.

All I did was set the record straight and recommend other sites.

I think we should just end the discussion on the vote.

This will be my last and only comments on the poll aftermath.

We are all fans of the same team.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

I think it is pretty obvious what will happen.

The result of the poll, has definately been messed with, like many internet polls, and everyone knows it. We have also many of us voted many times, which is really not the purpose of a vot, just to even it up.

There has been votes for all teams, and this is probably not the only one that is a problem with.

So what they are doing is linking to all the sites that has been on the vote, wait a few weeks, and take away the trash sites.

We will be the only one on there soon, as we are the best.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast