Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Special Treatment my BUTT

"hillshaveeyesPA" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    The worst punishment of all is living with that man's death on his conscience.
    It is not as though he was trying to murder somebody.
    It was an accident and he was irresponsible.
    If anything he should have his license revoked for a decade and do a bunch of community service.
    Correct

Also his license is revoked on a lifetime ban. I understand it wasn't intentional, but he intentionally got into a vehicle while drinking... For a man with millions of dollars a taxi was a much better choice, but the nfl has a reputation to keep and he found it was better to drive. I believe a lifetime ban in the nfl would be appropriate. Why so harsh, because the man who is not living has a plain out lifetime ban!
    If Stallworth deserves a lifetime ban, then guys like Vick and Ray Lewis do too, but we all know tahts never happening.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    It's hard to pin recklessness on someone, as the definition is vague, and if he was drunk it would be hard to pin recklessness on a drunk person.
    The recklessness is being drunk and getting behind the wheel.

=Z=
    Yes, but his lawyer would argue that he was unable to evaluate the risk in the situation due to his intoxication. For it to be recklessness he must have been knowingly endangering pedestrians and other motorists and since he believed he could drive safely(I assume he did) he had no reason to believe he was endangering them. Recklessness is deliberate conduct which endangers yourself and others, it's all about the mindset, it must be deliberate.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Mr" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    It's hard to pin recklessness on someone, as the definition is vague, and if he was drunk it would be hard to pin recklessness on a drunk person.

=Z=
    Yes, but his lawyer would argue that he was unable to evaluate the risk in the situation due to his intoxication. For it to be recklessness he must have been knowingly endangering pedestrians and other motorists and since he believed he could drive safely(I assume he did) he had no reason to believe he was endangering them. Recklessness is deliberate conduct which endangers yourself and others, it's all about the mindset, it must be deliberate.
    Correct.
    There is a major distinction between reckless and careless or negligent.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"Mr" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

=Z=
    ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law. It is our jobs as human beings (the higher species) that if you drink and your over the limit your are responsible. Whats that new tv commercial... "BUZZ DRIVING IS DRUNK DRIVING. He knew what he put into his body, there for is responsible for him behind the wheel. It's a risk everytime you do it, that's why there are laws against it. Drinking and Driving even with slight bodily reaction is reckless...

"hillshaveeyesPA" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

=Z=
    ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law. It is our jobs as human beings (the higher species) that if you drink and your over the limit your are responsible. Whats that new tv commercial... "BUZZ DRIVING IS DRUNK DRIVING. He knew what he put into his body, there for is responsible for him behind the wheel. It's a risk everytime you do it, that's why there are laws against it. Drinking and Driving even with slight bodily reaction is reckless...
    Not by the legal definition.

"Mr" wrote:
    "hillshaveeyesPA" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

=Z=
    I promise not one person would have the same reaction if a son or daughter or family memeber was killed by a snazzy dressed, rich football player who was meerily drinking... unless the 5 - 10 million is more important then a loved ones life. Maybe so!

"hillshaveeyesPA" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "hillshaveeyesPA" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=Mr Anderson link=topic=52163.msg959085#msg959085 date=1245195474]

=Z=
    I promise not one person would have the same reaction if a son or daughter or family memeber was killed by a snazzy dressed, rich football player who was meerily drinking... unless the 5 - 10 million is more important then a loved ones life. Maybe so!
    [/quote]
    I'm not saying he isn't in the wrong.

I'm looking at the situation from an objective, legal point of view, nothing more.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Someone should start a poll to see how many on this site have ever drove a vehicle while over the legal limit. I bet many here have, I bet none have paid the price Stallworth is. Not saying he doesn't deserve it but it is something to think about, especially the next time you think about drinking and driving.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"hillshaveeyesPA" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "hillshaveeyesPA" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:

=Z=
    [/quote]
    And if my aunt had a dick, she'd be my uncle.
    To turn the tables on you; if the family is good with the sentencing, who are you to question justice served in this situation?

I am not trying to be an asshole, but you have no idea what the full situation is between Stallworth and the Reyes family.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"hillshaveeyesPA" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "hillshaveeyesPA" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:

=Z=
    [/quote]

Nobody is condoning it.
    Personally, I loath his actions.
    I think it is absolutely 100% irresponsible and negligent on his part.
    I hope that the family of the deceased can find peace.
    Had that been a family member of mine, I would have a very
    VERY difficult time ever forgiving him.
    I hope that Stallworth thinks about that man every day for the rest of his life.
    I am also admittedly a hypocrit, as I have driven under the influence myself in the past - I was just luckier.

However, emotions aside, I also recognize that punishment has two purposes - to deter and reform.
    I don't think that any more prison time would reform Stallworth any more, nor do I think that a stronger sentance would deter other people from doing it.
    Unfortunately.
    If it would, I would be all for extending the maximum sentance to him.

As it is, I also realize that it is not a slap on the wrist.
    House arrest for two years is pretty damn significant.
    Is it hard time? No, but then again I don't think it warrants hard time.
    And having your personal freedom taken away - even if you still get to stay in your house - is still pretty hard to cope with.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast