Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 117
  1. #21
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Special Treatment my BUTT

    "hillshaveeyesPA" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    The worst punishment of all is living with that man's death on his conscience.
    It is not as though he was trying to murder somebody.
    It was an accident and he was irresponsible.
    If anything he should have his license revoked for a decade and do a bunch of community service.
    Correct

    Also his license is revoked on a lifetime ban. I understand it wasn't intentional, but he intentionally got into a vehicle while drinking... For a man with millions of dollars a taxi was a much better choice, but the nfl has a reputation to keep and he found it was better to drive. I believe a lifetime ban in the nfl would be appropriate. Why so harsh, because the man who is not living has a plain out lifetime ban!
    If Stallworth deserves a lifetime ban, then guys like Vick and Ray Lewis do too, but we all know tahts never happening.

  2. #22
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,686

    Re: Special Treatment my BUTT

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    It's hard to pin recklessness on someone, as the definition is vague, and if he was drunk it would be hard to pin recklessness on a drunk person.
    The recklessness is being drunk and getting behind the wheel.

    =Z=
    Yes, but his lawyer would argue that he was unable to evaluate the risk in the situation due to his intoxication. For it to be recklessness he must have been knowingly endangering pedestrians and other motorists and since he believed he could drive safely(I assume he did) he had no reason to believe he was endangering them. Recklessness is deliberate conduct which endangers yourself and others, it's all about the mindset, it must be deliberate.

  3. #23
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Special Treatment my BUTT

    "Mr" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    It's hard to pin recklessness on someone, as the definition is vague, and if he was drunk it would be hard to pin recklessness on a drunk person.
    The recklessness is being drunk and getting behind the wheel.

    =Z=
    Yes, but his lawyer would argue that he was unable to evaluate the risk in the situation due to his intoxication. For it to be recklessness he must have been knowingly endangering pedestrians and other motorists and since he believed he could drive safely(I assume he did) he had no reason to believe he was endangering them. Recklessness is deliberate conduct which endangers yourself and others, it's all about the mindset, it must be deliberate.
    Correct.
    There is a major distinction between reckless and careless or negligent.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    148

    Re: Special Treatment my BUTT

    "Mr" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    It's hard to pin recklessness on someone, as the definition is vague, and if he was drunk it would be hard to pin recklessness on a drunk person.
    The recklessness is being drunk and getting behind the wheel.

    =Z=
    Yes, but his lawyer would argue that he was unable to evaluate the risk in the situation due to his intoxication. For it to be recklessness he must have been knowingly endangering pedestrians and other motorists and since he believed he could drive safely(I assume he did) he had no reason to believe he was endangering them. Recklessness is deliberate conduct which endangers yourself and others, it's all about the mindset, it must be deliberate.
    ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law. It is our jobs as human beings (the higher species) that if you drink and your over the limit your are responsible. Whats that new tv commercial... "BUZZ DRIVING IS DRUNK DRIVING. He knew what he put into his body, there for is responsible for him behind the wheel. It's a risk everytime you do it, that's why there are laws against it. Drinking and Driving even with slight bodily reaction is reckless...

  5. #25
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,686

    Re: Special Treatment my BUTT

    "hillshaveeyesPA" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    It's hard to pin recklessness on someone, as the definition is vague, and if he was drunk it would be hard to pin recklessness on a drunk person.
    The recklessness is being drunk and getting behind the wheel.

    =Z=
    Yes, but his lawyer would argue that he was unable to evaluate the risk in the situation due to his intoxication. For it to be recklessness he must have been knowingly endangering pedestrians and other motorists and since he believed he could drive safely(I assume he did) he had no reason to believe he was endangering them. Recklessness is deliberate conduct which endangers yourself and others, it's all about the mindset, it must be deliberate.
    ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law. It is our jobs as human beings (the higher species) that if you drink and your over the limit your are responsible. Whats that new tv commercial... "BUZZ DRIVING IS DRUNK DRIVING. He knew what he put into his body, there for is responsible for him behind the wheel. It's a risk everytime you do it, that's why there are laws against it. Drinking and Driving even with slight bodily reaction is reckless...
    Not by the legal definition.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    148

    Re: Special Treatment my BUTT

    "Mr" wrote:
    "hillshaveeyesPA" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    It's hard to pin recklessness on someone, as the definition is vague, and if he was drunk it would be hard to pin recklessness on a drunk person.
    The recklessness is being drunk and getting behind the wheel.

    =Z=
    Yes, but his lawyer would argue that he was unable to evaluate the risk in the situation due to his intoxication. For it to be recklessness he must have been knowingly endangering pedestrians and other motorists and since he believed he could drive safely(I assume he did) he had no reason to believe he was endangering them. Recklessness is deliberate conduct which endangers yourself and others, it's all about the mindset, it must be deliberate.
    ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law. It is our jobs as human beings (the higher species) that if you drink and your over the limit your are responsible. Whats that new tv commercial... "BUZZ DRIVING IS DRUNK DRIVING. He knew what he put into his body, there for is responsible for him behind the wheel. It's a risk everytime you do it, that's why there are laws against it. Drinking and Driving even with slight bodily reaction is reckless...
    Not by the legal definition.
    I promise not one person would have the same reaction if a son or daughter or family memeber was killed by a snazzy dressed, rich football player who was meerily drinking... unless the 5 - 10 million is more important then a loved ones life. Maybe so!

  7. #27
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,686

    Re: Special Treatment my BUTT

    "hillshaveeyesPA" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "hillshaveeyesPA" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=Mr Anderson link=topic=52163.msg959085#msg959085 date=1245195474]
    It's hard to pin recklessness on someone, as the definition is vague, and if he was drunk it would be hard to pin recklessness on a drunk person.
    The recklessness is being drunk and getting behind the wheel.

    =Z=
    Yes, but his lawyer would argue that he was unable to evaluate the risk in the situation due to his intoxication. For it to be recklessness he must have been knowingly endangering pedestrians and other motorists and since he believed he could drive safely(I assume he did) he had no reason to believe he was endangering them. Recklessness is deliberate conduct which endangers yourself and others, it's all about the mindset, it must be deliberate.
    ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law. It is our jobs as human beings (the higher species) that if you drink and your over the limit your are responsible. Whats that new tv commercial... "BUZZ DRIVING IS DRUNK DRIVING. He knew what he put into his body, there for is responsible for him behind the wheel. It's a risk everytime you do it, that's why there are laws against it. Drinking and Driving even with slight bodily reaction is reckless...
    Not by the legal definition.
    I promise not one person would have the same reaction if a son or daughter or family memeber was killed by a snazzy dressed, rich football player who was meerily drinking... unless the 5 - 10 million is more important then a loved ones life. Maybe so!
    [/quote]
    I'm not saying he isn't in the wrong.

    I'm looking at the situation from an objective, legal point of view, nothing more.

  8. #28
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,275

    Re: Special Treatment my BUTT

    Someone should start a poll to see how many on this site have ever drove a vehicle while over the legal limit. I bet many here have, I bet none have paid the price Stallworth is. Not saying he doesn't deserve it but it is something to think about, especially the next time you think about drinking and driving.


  9. #29
    seaniemck7's Avatar
    seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    1,453

    Re: Special Treatment my BUTT

    "hillshaveeyesPA" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "hillshaveeyesPA" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=Mr Anderson link=topic=52163.msg959085#msg959085 date=1245195474]
    It's hard to pin recklessness on someone, as the definition is vague, and if he was drunk it would be hard to pin recklessness on a drunk person.
    The recklessness is being drunk and getting behind the wheel.

    =Z=
    Yes, but his lawyer would argue that he was unable to evaluate the risk in the situation due to his intoxication. For it to be recklessness he must have been knowingly endangering pedestrians and other motorists and since he believed he could drive safely(I assume he did) he had no reason to believe he was endangering them. Recklessness is deliberate conduct which endangers yourself and others, it's all about the mindset, it must be deliberate.
    ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law. It is our jobs as human beings (the higher species) that if you drink and your over the limit your are responsible. Whats that new tv commercial... "BUZZ DRIVING IS DRUNK DRIVING. He knew what he put into his body, there for is responsible for him behind the wheel. It's a risk everytime you do it, that's why there are laws against it. Drinking and Driving even with slight bodily reaction is reckless...
    Not by the legal definition.
    I promise not one person would have the same reaction if a son or daughter or family memeber was killed by a snazzy dressed, rich football player who was meerily drinking... unless the 5 - 10 million is more important then a loved ones life. Maybe so!
    [/quote]
    And if my aunt had a dick, she'd be my uncle.
    To turn the tables on you; if the family is good with the sentencing, who are you to question justice served in this situation?

    I am not trying to be an asshole, but you have no idea what the full situation is between Stallworth and the Reyes family.

  10. #30
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Special Treatment my BUTT

    "hillshaveeyesPA" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "hillshaveeyesPA" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=Mr Anderson link=topic=52163.msg959085#msg959085 date=1245195474]
    It's hard to pin recklessness on someone, as the definition is vague, and if he was drunk it would be hard to pin recklessness on a drunk person.
    The recklessness is being drunk and getting behind the wheel.

    =Z=
    Yes, but his lawyer would argue that he was unable to evaluate the risk in the situation due to his intoxication. For it to be recklessness he must have been knowingly endangering pedestrians and other motorists and since he believed he could drive safely(I assume he did) he had no reason to believe he was endangering them. Recklessness is deliberate conduct which endangers yourself and others, it's all about the mindset, it must be deliberate.
    ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law. It is our jobs as human beings (the higher species) that if you drink and your over the limit your are responsible. Whats that new tv commercial... "BUZZ DRIVING IS DRUNK DRIVING. He knew what he put into his body, there for is responsible for him behind the wheel. It's a risk everytime you do it, that's why there are laws against it. Drinking and Driving even with slight bodily reaction is reckless...
    Not by the legal definition.
    I promise not one person would have the same reaction if a son or daughter or family memeber was killed by a snazzy dressed, rich football player who was meerily drinking... unless the 5 - 10 million is more important then a loved ones life. Maybe so!
    [/quote]

    Nobody is condoning it.
    Personally, I loath his actions.
    I think it is absolutely 100% irresponsible and negligent on his part.
    I hope that the family of the deceased can find peace.
    Had that been a family member of mine, I would have a very
    VERY difficult time ever forgiving him.
    I hope that Stallworth thinks about that man every day for the rest of his life.
    I am also admittedly a hypocrit, as I have driven under the influence myself in the past - I was just luckier.

    However, emotions aside, I also recognize that punishment has two purposes - to deter and reform.
    I don't think that any more prison time would reform Stallworth any more, nor do I think that a stronger sentance would deter other people from doing it.
    Unfortunately.
    If it would, I would be all for extending the maximum sentance to him.

    As it is, I also realize that it is not a slap on the wrist.
    House arrest for two years is pretty damn significant.
    Is it hard time? No, but then again I don't think it warrants hard time.
    And having your personal freedom taken away - even if you still get to stay in your house - is still pretty hard to cope with.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How "Special" are our Special teams players?
    By bsmithberkley in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-17-2010, 01:58 PM
  2. Vikings put special focus on improving special teams
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-13-2009, 11:43 AM
  3. Childress gives Vikings special teams some special attention
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-06-2007, 12:55 AM
  4. Newsflash: No special treatment for Ron Mexico
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-16-2007, 07:19 AM
  5. Special teams looming as special unit for Vikings
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-12-2005, 12:35 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •