Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 117
  1. #101
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,468

    Re: Special Treatment my BUTT

    "V4L" wrote:
    "Bkfldviking" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Interesting that you bring up the nation's finances and refer to it as the worst financial collapse in our nation's young history.
    It actually isn't. The worst is still the Great Depression, when we saw unemployment rates as high as 25% and wholesale destruction of the nation's agriculture economy, partially due to a lack of soil conversation.


    The second worst would be the oil crisis of the 70's.
    The oil restrictions of OPEC are actually what led to the 55 mph federal speed limits and Japan's entrance into the automobile industry.
    We are still feeling the effects of that crisis.
    Thanks for the further proof that the system doesn't work though...

    LOL.
    Have you been drinking?
    Usually when you debate something you make much more sense than this...

    How are either of those proof that the system doesn't work?
    NoDak you have his back to the wall.
    He has already screwed up geography and history.
    His mind is made up....don't confuse him with the facts.

    +1
    I'm baffled at how showing bank failures are a regular occurrence every 30 years is proof that the system is working.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  2. #102
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Special Treatment my BUTT

    "C" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Bkfldviking" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=52163.msg959814#msg959814 date=1245358422]
    Interesting that you bring up the nation's finances and refer to it as the worst financial collapse in our nation's young history.
    It actually isn't. The worst is still the Great Depression, when we saw unemployment rates as high as 25% and wholesale destruction of the nation's agriculture economy, partially due to a lack of soil conversation.


    The second worst would be the oil crisis of the 70's.
    The oil restrictions of OPEC are actually what led to the 55 mph federal speed limits and Japan's entrance into the automobile industry.
    We are still feeling the effects of that crisis.
    Thanks for the further proof that the system doesn't work though...

    LOL.
    Have you been drinking?
    Usually when you debate something you make much more sense than this...

    How are either of those proof that the system doesn't work?
    NoDak you have his back to the wall.
    He has already screwed up geography and history.
    His mind is made up....don't confuse him with the facts.

    +1
    I'm baffled at how showing bank failures are a regular occurrence every 30 years is proof that the system is working.
    [/quote]


    More to the system then banks


  3. #103
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Special Treatment my BUTT

    "V4L" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Bkfldviking" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=52163.msg959846#msg959846 date=1245359825]
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=52163.msg959814#msg959814 date=1245358422]
    Interesting that you bring up the nation's finances and refer to it as the worst financial collapse in our nation's young history.
    It actually isn't. The worst is still the Great Depression, when we saw unemployment rates as high as 25% and wholesale destruction of the nation's agriculture economy, partially due to a lack of soil conversation.


    The second worst would be the oil crisis of the 70's.
    The oil restrictions of OPEC are actually what led to the 55 mph federal speed limits and Japan's entrance into the automobile industry.
    We are still feeling the effects of that crisis.
    Thanks for the further proof that the system doesn't work though...

    LOL.
    Have you been drinking?
    Usually when you debate something you make much more sense than this...

    How are either of those proof that the system doesn't work?
    NoDak you have his back to the wall.
    He has already screwed up geography and history.
    His mind is made up....don't confuse him with the facts.

    +1
    I'm baffled at how showing bank failures are a regular occurrence every 30 years is proof that the system is working.
    [/quote]


    More to the system then banks


    [/quote]

    I don't recall the oil crisis of the early 70's or the crisis of the late 70's being caused by bank failures...
    In fact, I don't remember the banks failing at all either of those times.
    I could have swore the crisis was energy related and caused by OPEC refusing to export oil to any country that supported Israel during the
    Yom Kippur war.
    And the
    second oil crisis was on the wake of the Iranian Revolution.
    I would, however, argue that the US government deserves some blame in both of those crisis - I personally don't think that the formation of an Israeli state in the Middle East as compensation for atrocities committed in Europe is fair to the people who were living there at the time.
    And I think that the USA was irresponsible in our funding of multiple sides of conflict to keep the middle east destabilized in order to preserve oil interests in the region.

    Of course I am apparently not as well read on history as others here.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #104
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Special Treatment my BUTT

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Bkfldviking" wrote:
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=52163.msg959855#msg959855 date=1245360014]
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=52163.msg959846#msg959846 date=1245359825]
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=52163.msg959814#msg959814 date=1245358422]
    Interesting that you bring up the nation's finances and refer to it as the worst financial collapse in our nation's young history.
    It actually isn't. The worst is still the Great Depression, when we saw unemployment rates as high as 25% and wholesale destruction of the nation's agriculture economy, partially due to a lack of soil conversation.


    The second worst would be the oil crisis of the 70's.
    The oil restrictions of OPEC are actually what led to the 55 mph federal speed limits and Japan's entrance into the automobile industry.
    We are still feeling the effects of that crisis.
    Thanks for the further proof that the system doesn't work though...

    LOL.
    Have you been drinking?
    Usually when you debate something you make much more sense than this...

    How are either of those proof that the system doesn't work?
    NoDak you have his back to the wall.
    He has already screwed up geography and history.
    His mind is made up....don't confuse him with the facts.

    +1
    I'm baffled at how showing bank failures are a regular occurrence every 30 years is proof that the system is working.
    [/quote]


    More to the system then banks


    [/quote]

    I don't recall the oil crisis of the early 70's or the crisis of the late 70's being caused by bank failures...
    In fact, I don't remember the banks failing at all either of those times.
    I could have swore the crisis was energy related and caused by OPEC refusing to export oil to any country that supported Israel during the
    Yom Kippur war.
    And the
    second oil crisis was on the wake of the Iranian Revolution.
    I would, however, argue that the US government deserves some blame in both of those crisis - I personally don't think that the formation of an Israeli state in the Middle East as compensation for atrocities committed in Europe is fair to the people who were living there at the time.
    And I think that the USA was irresponsible in our funding of multiple sides of conflict to keep the middle east destabilized in order to preserve oil interests in the region.

    Of course I am apparently not as well read on history as others here.
    [/quote]


    Haha ya what he said

  5. #105
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,468

    Re: Special Treatment my BUTT

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52163.msg959825#msg959825 date=1245359089]
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=52163.msg959822#msg959822 date=1245358831]
    Both comments are incorrect about the worst financial crisis in America's history. Had it not been for the bailout, we'd be in far worse condition than the Great Depression... but now most banking outlets are owned by the Government.
    This is 100% wrong.
    Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

    =Z=
    Actually, it is not.

    I have plenty of friends that work on Wall Street. Pretty sure I'll take their word over yours.
    LOL.
    You have friends that work on Wall Street who are telling you that most banking outlets are government owned now?
    I wouldn't take any stock tips from them...
    Eh, ok... but they're living in Manhattan high rises.

    Im not positive.. But I would check the numbers.. From what I hear we are not in the worst financial crisis ever

    And not even close to most of the banking outlets are government owned
    [/quote]

    You are correct.
    We are NOT in the worst financial crisis ever.
    We are in the worst financial crisis in working memory for a lot of people though, and some people get that confused with "ever".
    It comes from not being able to accept or conceptualize a world outside one's own perspective.
    "This is the worst financial I've even seen, therefore it is the worst financial crises ever.


    Not saying that this specifically applies to anyone on this board, just pointing out a common social failing. Actually it would be more correct to say that it applies to everyone on this board to a degree, some more than others.
    [/quote]

    It is the second worse financial crisis behind the Great Depression, but worse than the fuel-shortage of the 70's. My bad.


    http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2008/mar/18/creditcrunch.marketturmoil1

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_crisis_of_2007%E2%80%932009
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  6. #106
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,468

    Re: Special Treatment my BUTT

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I don't recall the oil crisis of the early 70's or the crisis of the late 70's being caused by bank failures...
    In fact, I don't remember the banks failing at all either of those times.
    I could have swore the crisis was energy related and caused by OPEC refusing to export oil to any country that supported Israel during the
    Yom Kippur war.
    And the
    second oil crisis was on the wake of the Iranian Revolution.
    I would, however, argue that the US government deserves some blame in both of those crisis - I personally don't think that the formation of an Israeli state in the Middle East as compensation for atrocities committed in Europe is fair to the people who were living there at the time.
    And I think that the USA was irresponsible in our funding of multiple sides of conflict to keep the middle east destabilized in order to preserve oil interests in the region.

    Of course I am apparently not as well read on history as others here.
    Not sure if I wrote it was caused by a bank failure... did I?

    Pretty sure they teach us about the oil shortage of the 70's in the 5th grade.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  7. #107
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Special Treatment my BUTT

    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=52163.msg959828#msg959828 date=1245359160]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52163.msg959825#msg959825 date=1245359089]
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=52163.msg959822#msg959822 date=1245358831]
    Both comments are incorrect about the worst financial crisis in America's history. Had it not been for the bailout, we'd be in far worse condition than the Great Depression... but now most banking outlets are owned by the Government.
    This is 100% wrong.
    Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

    =Z=
    Actually, it is not.

    I have plenty of friends that work on Wall Street. Pretty sure I'll take their word over yours.
    LOL.
    You have friends that work on Wall Street who are telling you that most banking outlets are government owned now?
    I wouldn't take any stock tips from them...
    Eh, ok... but they're living in Manhattan high rises.

    Im not positive.. But I would check the numbers.. From what I hear we are not in the worst financial crisis ever

    And not even close to most of the banking outlets are government owned
    [/quote]

    You are correct.
    We are NOT in the worst financial crisis ever.
    We are in the worst financial crisis in working memory for a lot of people though, and some people get that confused with "ever".
    It comes from not being able to accept or conceptualize a world outside one's own perspective.
    "This is the worst financial I've even seen, therefore it is the worst financial crises ever.


    Not saying that this specifically applies to anyone on this board, just pointing out a common social failing. Actually it would be more correct to say that it applies to everyone on this board to a degree, some more than others.
    [/quote]

    It is the second worse financial crisis behind the Great Depression, but worse than the fuel-shortage of the 70's. My bad.


    http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2008/mar/18/creditcrunch.marketturmoil1

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_crisis_of_2007%E2%80%932009
    [/quote]

    I can't tell if this quote is saying that it is worse than the late 70's/early 80's or not.
    At the end of October UBS revised its outlook downwards: the forthcoming recession would be the worst since the Reagan recession of 1981 and 1982 with negative 2009 growth for the U.S., Eurozone, UK and Canada; very limited recovery in 2010; but not as bad as the Great Depression.[91]
    It sounds to me like it is the worst since then, implying that the 70's/80's were worse.
    Meh, splitting hairs.
    If you want to maintain that it is the second worst in history, I will give it to you.
    I am fairly certain that it is not currently, but I think that it will be before we are done anyway, so it isn't worth arguing about.

    Still not sure how that means that most of the banks are government owned though.
    Or if it even means that the system is a failure, especially when placed on a comparative scale with all of the other countries in the world.
    FYI, England is suffering worse than us.
    Japan has been in and out of recession for the better part of two decades.
    In fact, the USA isn't even the first government to purchase toxic debt or bail out banks.
    It has been done both successfully and unsuccessfully several times now...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #108
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Special Treatment my BUTT

    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I don't recall the oil crisis of the early 70's or the crisis of the late 70's being caused by bank failures...
    In fact, I don't remember the banks failing at all either of those times.
    I could have swore the crisis was energy related and caused by OPEC refusing to export oil to any country that supported Israel during the
    Yom Kippur war.
    And the
    second oil crisis was on the wake of the Iranian Revolution.
    I would, however, argue that the US government deserves some blame in both of those crisis - I personally don't think that the formation of an Israeli state in the Middle East as compensation for atrocities committed in Europe is fair to the people who were living there at the time.
    And I think that the USA was irresponsible in our funding of multiple sides of conflict to keep the middle east destabilized in order to preserve oil interests in the region.

    Of course I am apparently not as well read on history as others here.
    Not sure if I wrote it was caused by a bank failure... did I?

    Pretty sure they teach us about the oil shortage of the 70's in the 5th grade.
    Well then you would think that you would see the difference between the system in place now and the system in place then.
    Of course, there is one common thread between the two - both were partially caused by deregulation.

    I don't even know what your original point was anymore...
    ???
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #109
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,468

    Re: Special Treatment my BUTT

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I don't recall the oil crisis of the early 70's or the crisis of the late 70's being caused by bank failures...
    In fact, I don't remember the banks failing at all either of those times.
    I could have swore the crisis was energy related and caused by OPEC refusing to export oil to any country that supported Israel during the
    Yom Kippur war.
    And the
    second oil crisis was on the wake of the Iranian Revolution.
    I would, however, argue that the US government deserves some blame in both of those crisis - I personally don't think that the formation of an Israeli state in the Middle East as compensation for atrocities committed in Europe is fair to the people who were living there at the time.
    And I think that the USA was irresponsible in our funding of multiple sides of conflict to keep the middle east destabilized in order to preserve oil interests in the region.

    Of course I am apparently not as well read on history as others here.
    Not sure if I wrote it was caused by a bank failure... did I?

    Pretty sure they teach us about the oil shortage of the 70's in the 5th grade.
    Well then you would think that you would see the difference between the system in place now and the system in place then.
    Of course, there is one common thread between the two - both were partially caused by deregulation.

    I don't even know what your original point was anymore...
    ???
    So.... Daunte Stallworth, huh?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  10. #110
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Special Treatment my BUTT

    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I don't recall the oil crisis of the early 70's or the crisis of the late 70's being caused by bank failures...
    In fact, I don't remember the banks failing at all either of those times.
    I could have swore the crisis was energy related and caused by OPEC refusing to export oil to any country that supported Israel during the
    Yom Kippur war.
    And the
    second oil crisis was on the wake of the Iranian Revolution.
    I would, however, argue that the US government deserves some blame in both of those crisis - I personally don't think that the formation of an Israeli state in the Middle East as compensation for atrocities committed in Europe is fair to the people who were living there at the time.
    And I think that the USA was irresponsible in our funding of multiple sides of conflict to keep the middle east destabilized in order to preserve oil interests in the region.

    Of course I am apparently not as well read on history as others here.
    Not sure if I wrote it was caused by a bank failure... did I?

    Pretty sure they teach us about the oil shortage of the 70's in the 5th grade.
    Well then you would think that you would see the difference between the system in place now and the system in place then.
    Of course, there is one common thread between the two - both were partially caused by deregulation.

    I don't even know what your original point was anymore...
    ???
    So.... Daunte Stallworth, huh?
    Donte'

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How "Special" are our Special teams players?
    By bsmithberkley in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-17-2010, 01:58 PM
  2. Vikings put special focus on improving special teams
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-13-2009, 11:43 AM
  3. Childress gives Vikings special teams some special attention
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-06-2007, 12:55 AM
  4. Newsflash: No special treatment for Ron Mexico
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-16-2007, 07:19 AM
  5. Special teams looming as special unit for Vikings
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-12-2005, 12:35 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •