Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Special Treatment my BUTT

"V4L" wrote:
    "Bkfldviking" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Interesting that you bring up the nation's finances and refer to it as the worst financial collapse in our nation's young history.
    It actually isn't. The worst is still the Great Depression, when we saw unemployment rates as high as 25% and wholesale destruction of the nation's agriculture economy, partially due to a lack of soil conversation.

The second worst would be the oil crisis of the 70's.
    The oil restrictions of OPEC are actually what led to the 55 mph federal speed limits and Japan's entrance into the automobile industry.
    We are still feeling the effects of that crisis.
    Thanks for the further proof that the system doesn't work though...

LOL.
    Have you been drinking?
    Usually when you debate something you make much more sense than this...

How are either of those proof that the system doesn't work?
    NoDak you have his back to the wall.
    He has already screwed up geography and history.
    His mind is made up....don't confuse him with the facts.

+1
    I'm baffled at how showing bank failures are a regular occurrence every 30 years is proof that the system is working.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Bkfldviking" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=52163.msg959814#msg959814 date=1245358422]
    Interesting that you bring up the nation's finances and refer to it as the worst financial collapse in our nation's young history.
    It actually isn't. The worst is still the Great Depression, when we saw unemployment rates as high as 25% and wholesale destruction of the nation's agriculture economy, partially due to a lack of soil conversation.

The oil restrictions of OPEC are actually what led to the 55 mph federal speed limits and Japan's entrance into the automobile industry.

LOL.
    Have you been drinking?

+1
    I'm baffled at how showing bank failures are a regular occurrence every 30 years is proof that the system is working.
    [/quote]

More to the system then banks

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"V4L" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Bkfldviking" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=52163.msg959846#msg959846 date=1245359825]

LOL.
    Have you been drinking?

+1
    [/quote]

[/quote]

I don't recall the oil crisis of the early 70's or the crisis of the late 70's being caused by bank failures...
    In fact, I don't remember the banks failing at all either of those times.
    I could have swore the crisis was energy related and caused by OPEC refusing to export oil to any country that supported Israel during the
    Yom Kippur war.
    And the
    second oil crisis was on the wake of the Iranian Revolution.
    I would, however, argue that the US government deserves some blame in both of those crisis - I personally don't think that the formation of an Israeli state in the Middle East as compensation for atrocities committed in Europe is fair to the people who were living there at the time.
    And I think that the USA was irresponsible in our funding of multiple sides of conflict to keep the middle east destabilized in order to preserve oil interests in the region.

Of course I am apparently not as well read on history as others here.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Bkfldviking" wrote:
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=52163.msg959855#msg959855 date=1245360014]
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=52163.msg959846#msg959846 date=1245359825]

LOL.
    Have you been drinking?

+1
    [/quote]

[/quote]

I don't recall the oil crisis of the early 70's or the crisis of the late 70's being caused by bank failures...
    I could have swore the crisis was energy related and caused by OPEC refusing to export oil to any country that supported Israel during the
    Yom Kippur war.
    And the
    I would, however, argue that the US government deserves some blame in both of those crisis - I personally don't think that the formation of an Israeli state in the Middle East as compensation for atrocities committed in Europe is fair to the people who were living there at the time.
    And I think that the USA was irresponsible in our funding of multiple sides of conflict to keep the middle east destabilized in order to preserve oil interests in the region.

[/quote]

Haha ya what he said

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52163.msg959825#msg959825 date=1245359089]
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=52163.msg959822#msg959822 date=1245358831]
    Both comments are incorrect about the worst financial crisis in America's history. Had it not been for the bailout, we'd be in far worse condition than the Great Depression... but now most banking outlets are owned by the Government.
    This is 100% wrong.
    Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

=Z=
    Actually, it is not.

I have plenty of friends that work on Wall Street. Pretty sure I'll take their word over yours.
    LOL.
    You have friends that work on Wall Street who are telling you that most banking outlets are government owned now?
    I wouldn't take any stock tips from them...
    Eh, ok... but they're living in Manhattan high rises.

Im not positive.. But I would check the numbers.. From what I hear we are not in the worst financial crisis ever

And not even close to most of the banking outlets are government owned
    [/quote]

You are correct.
    We are NOT in the worst financial crisis ever.
    We are in the worst financial crisis in working memory for a lot of people though, and some people get that confused with "ever".
    It comes from not being able to accept or conceptualize a world outside one's own perspective.
    "This is the worst financial I've even seen, therefore it is the worst financial crises ever.

Not saying that this specifically applies to anyone on this board, just pointing out a common social failing. Actually it would be more correct to say that it applies to everyone on this board to a degree, some more than others.
    [/quote]

It is the second worse financial crisis behind the Great Depression, but worse than the fuel-shortage of the 70's. My bad.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2008/mar/18/creditcrunch.marketturmoil1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_crisis_of_2007%E2%80%932009

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Yom Kippur war.
    And the

Not sure if I wrote it was caused by a bank failure... did I?

Pretty sure they teach us about the oil shortage of the 70's in the 5th grade.

Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=52163.msg959828#msg959828 date=1245359160]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52163.msg959825#msg959825 date=1245359089]
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=52163.msg959822#msg959822 date=1245358831]
    Both comments are incorrect about the worst financial crisis in America's history. Had it not been for the bailout, we'd be in far worse condition than the Great Depression... but now most banking outlets are owned by the Government.
    This is 100% wrong.
    Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

=Z=
    Actually, it is not.

I have plenty of friends that work on Wall Street. Pretty sure I'll take their word over yours.
    LOL.
    You have friends that work on Wall Street who are telling you that most banking outlets are government owned now?
    I wouldn't take any stock tips from them...
    Eh, ok... but they're living in Manhattan high rises.

Im not positive.. But I would check the numbers.. From what I hear we are not in the worst financial crisis ever

And not even close to most of the banking outlets are government owned
    [/quote]

You are correct.
    We are NOT in the worst financial crisis ever.
    We are in the worst financial crisis in working memory for a lot of people though, and some people get that confused with "ever".
    It comes from not being able to accept or conceptualize a world outside one's own perspective.
    "This is the worst financial I've even seen, therefore it is the worst financial crises ever.

Not saying that this specifically applies to anyone on this board, just pointing out a common social failing. Actually it would be more correct to say that it applies to everyone on this board to a degree, some more than others.
    [/quote]

It is the second worse financial crisis behind the Great Depression, but worse than the fuel-shortage of the 70's. My bad.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2008/mar/18/creditcrunch.marketturmoil1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_crisis_of_2007%E2%80%932009
    [/quote]

I can't tell if this quote is saying that it is worse than the late 70's/early 80's or not.
    At the end of October UBS revised its outlook downwards: the forthcoming recession would be the worst since the Reagan recession of 1981 and 1982 with negative 2009 growth for the U.S., Eurozone, UK and Canada; very limited recovery in 2010; but not as bad as the Great Depression.[91]
    It sounds to me like it is the worst since then, implying that the 70's/80's were worse.
    Meh, splitting hairs.
    If you want to maintain that it is the second worst in history, I will give it to you.
    I am fairly certain that it is not currently, but I think that it will be before we are done anyway, so it isn't worth arguing about.

Still not sure how that means that most of the banks are government owned though.
    Or if it even means that the system is a failure, especially when placed on a comparative scale with all of the other countries in the world.
    FYI, England is suffering worse than us.
    Japan has been in and out of recession for the better part of two decades.
    In fact, the USA isn't even the first government to purchase toxic debt or bail out banks.
    It has been done both successfully and unsuccessfully several times now...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Yom Kippur war.
    And the

Well then you would think that you would see the difference between the system in place now and the system in place then.
    Of course, there is one common thread between the two - both were partially caused by deregulation.

I don't even know what your original point was anymore...
    ???
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Yom Kippur war.
    And the

Well then you would think that you would see the difference between the system in place now and the system in place then.
    Of course, there is one common thread between the two - both were partially caused by deregulation.

???
    So.... Daunte Stallworth, huh?

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Yom Kippur war.
    And the

???
    So.... Daunte Stallworth, huh?
    Donte'

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast