Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Some pics from my trip to Cebu, Philippines

"singersp" wrote:
    "Creep" wrote:
    Best of luck to you and the future Mrs. S..What a frikkin' Cutie!! And that place looks beautiful!!! WOW!!!Thanks for sharing!
    BTW,,The pig thing, I noticed in one pic it's split open, in the next it looks like Joe Gannon operated on it....What's the deal??,,Do ya fill it with spices or what not before stitching it back up???Regardless, It looks....whoa, I'de give my left nut for THAT down home recipe!!

Congats again to you and you'res
    That's exactly what they do. I'm not sure all what type of vegetables/spices they stuffed it with, but I do know there was a special type of grass they used & I know they also used green onions.
    Probably that same one that you "weeded" out of Ned's garden!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Creep" wrote:
    Best of luck to you and the future Mrs. S..What a frikkin' Cutie!! And that place looks beautiful!!! WOW!!!Thanks for sharing!
    BTW,,The pig thing, I noticed in one pic it's split open, in the next it looks like Joe Gannon operated on it....What's the deal??,,Do ya fill it with spices or what not before stitching it back up???Regardless, It looks....whoa, I'de give my left nut for THAT down home recipe!!

That's exactly what they do. I'm not sure all what type of vegetables/spices they stuffed it with, but I do know there was a special type of grass they used & I know they also used green onions.

Actually Cajun,

The Philippines are the # 2 producer in the world of Mary Jane....Mexico being # 1.

But believe me, I wouldn't even take the chance of being caught with the stuff in the PI's.....They have some very very strict laws and harsh punishments...I believe I read once, anything over an ounce, can get you LIFE in PRISON....OUCH...

But back to the little piggy....I know one of the things they use to stuff the pig with is Lemon Grass........Not sure what else, but would bet garlic is involved also....Another thing that amazess me is the fact that the pigs always seem to come out perfect.
    Nice deep golden brown and crispy skin....Very moist and tender meat, with an awesome taste.

I'm sure they had visions of turning Singer on the pole over the fire also....LOL

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Creep" wrote:

Actually Cajun,

The Philippines are the # 2 producer in the world of Mary Jane....Mexico being # 1.

But believe me, I wouldn't even take the chance of being caught with the stuff in the PI's.....They have some very very strict laws and harsh punishments...I believe I read once, anything over an ounce, can get you LIFE in PRISON....OUCH...

But back to the little piggy....I know one of the things they use to stuff the pig with is Lemon Grass........Not sure what else, but would bet garlic is involved also....Another thing that amazess me is the fact that the pigs always seem to come out perfect.
    Nice deep golden brown and crispy skin....Very moist and tender meat, with an awesome taste.

I'm sure they had visions of turning Singer on the pole over the fire also....LOL

From what I have heard, Singer has spent plenty of time on 'the pole' during the gap between marriages!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"NordicNed" wrote:

Actually Cajun,

I know I read somewhere in one of the customs forms I filled out, I believe for smuggling drugs in or out of the country, you get the death penalty.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:

Actually Cajun,

I know I read somewhere in one of the customs forms I filled out, I believe for smuggling drugs in or out of the country, you get the death penalty.
    Nobody said hobbies were safe

Yeah...that hobby that you took up in West Virginia surely wasn't safe!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Now thats funny, I don't care who you are
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Dang the girls are beautiful.

I didn't know they made snowmen in the Philippines.

I wonder where they got it?

;D
    [img width=400 height=391]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/Cebu_PPO/c16.jpg[/img]

WWBGD

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:

Actually Cajun,

A good reason to buy locally grown goods.
    -Sno

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Looks like you had a great time Singer, and again, congrats!
    8)

Alot of those pics remind me of when I went to Hawaii. Dang, I wish I was in either of those places right now, we just got about 8 inches of snow today.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234