Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Some Fans Should Stay Home

Yea I was pretty upset when the guy actually put his hands on my shoulders, I was mostly just shocked that he actually did that. And the thing is, it wasn't like I was the ONLY one that stood up if they made a good play or had a good shot on our end. What a asshole this guy was grrrrr some people!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

I say if you have the tickets then you have EVERY right to stand up and cheer!!! F*ck that guy - he had NO right to put his hands on you!!!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

NeumDog is offline Tailgate Bitch

The guy got his one free pass. I'm not sure how many games he goes to, with his idiot wife, because people share seson tickets, but it will never happen again. My reaction won't be so calm next time.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I'm going to go against some grain here.

Just as much as WBL & Neumdog bought tix to see the game & had the right to stand up & cheer the team on, the guy behind them also had the right to remain seated & watch the game.

He did not however, have the right to put his hands on WBL & ask her to remain seated.

Just because someone is at a game & doesn't jump up & cheer, but sits there quietly & watches it, doesn't give someoneone else the right to call him a loser & tell him that he should just stay at home & watch it if he doesn't chose to do so.

It's a two way street.

I for one jump up & cheer for the Vikes or get up on defensive 3rd downs & make some noise, but it pisses me off when someone in front of me remains standing for the full 4 quarters.

I like to sit once in a while.

I also get upset when the person in front of me is wearing a rather tall hat or the Marge Simpson wigs that block my view the entire game.

I also consider the fact that someone behind me may not be able to stand for an extended period of times, be it age, bad knees or what have you, so I try to be respectful to them as well.

If you buy a ticket to a game, you have every right to cheer, not cheer, stand, sit or whatever you choose.

Buying a ticket does not give you the right to tell others how they should enjoy the game. :wink:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    Yea I was pretty upset when the guy actually put his hands on my shoulders, I was mostly just shocked that he actually did that. And the thing is, it wasn't like I was the ONLY one that stood up if they made a good play or had a good shot on our end. What a donkey butt this guy was grrrrr some people!
    See WBL, you are an example of "Minnesota (or Midwest) Nice."

Him putting his hand on someone doesn't fly in other arts of the states. Rural areas where the crime rates are low, yes. You wouldn't do that here in Houston. You defintiely don't do that to New Yorkers (Antonio Davis' wife) or you'll get the business right back.

Next time, you just have to say nicely, that I am not the only one standing and Icame here to enjoy the game also. He has choices. He can stand up, if he wants. He can possibly move somewhere else, I wouldn't want to if I paid for those ticket. But the fact is, he is at a live game. Everyone knows you can see things a lot better at home on TV. If he was more concerned about seeing the game instead of being part of it, then he should have stayed home. The excitement at an arena is part of the home ice (court, field) advantage. It is what helps your team win. It is what makes the game fun to go to.

He obviously thought you were a young female that he could easily intimidate. Even though the hand on the shoulder seems to be a small thing, it is still aggressive. You didn't consent to him invading your boundaries and then tell you that he wants you to do what he wants. It is different when someone taps you on the shoulder to tell you that you dropped something, that is beneficial.

Notice he didn't talk to or touch anyone else (did he?). Next time, you need to just tell whoever it is how it is going to be. If you were at the opera, I could understand someone asking you to sit down but this is Hockey. Politely say that I can't see either, that is why I am standing up. I will stand if I choose, I came here to enjoy the game, just like you.

NeumDog is offline Tailgate Bitch

I'll agree with you to a point Singer, but she wasn't constantly standing through the entire game. You know how in the dome, when there is a deep pass towards a receiver, everybody stands up when the ball is in the air to see if it will be a completion. It's the same thing. When the Wild come charging in on goal, everybody stands up to see if they will score. One row stands up, then the next row, and the next row, and so on, like a domino effect.

It seemed like this guy thought there should be a little bubble around his area, and everyone around him should stay seated so he could see the game. Sorry, aint gonna happen. The line was crossed. You choose to go to a game, you deal with how the people around you choose to have fun, as long as they don't physically bother you.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

That guy was very rude IMO. I agree that you should have gotten security. When you go to a game like that, you just need to expect to have to stand sometimes. In the dome, I stand up and cheer during every big play. And on every opponent's third down. And when the beer man finally makes up to my seats and for once hasn't run out of the kind of beer I wanted. :grin:.

While we are on the subject irritating fan behavior I have a pet peeve with the vikings fans who leave the dome before the game is over. Come on people. Show some support and stay until the end. Traffic will suck no matter what, so it isn't like you are really gaining anything by skipping out on the last three minutes. And when the game is close, there really is no excuse. That is when the team needs us (and the crown noise) the most!

Win or lose I stay and support the Vikes until the whistle blows.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"NeumDog" wrote:
    I'll agree with you to a point Singer, but she wasn't constantly standing through the entire game. You know how in the dome, when there is a deep pass towards a receiver, everybody stands up when the ball is in the air to see if it will be a completion. It's the same thing. When the Wild come charging in on goal, everybody stands up to see if they will score. One row stands up, then the next row, and the next row, and so on, like a domino effect.

It seemed like this guy thought there should be a little bubble around his area, and everyone around him should stay seated so he could see the game. Sorry, aint gonna happen. The line was crossed. You choose to go to a game, you deal with how the people around you choose to have fun, as long as they don't physically bother you.
    I know she wasn't or does not stand during the entire game.

I wasn't refering to WBL. I was refering to other fans that I've had in front of me that do so.

PPE's post that stated he does it, is what triggered that memory. I for one, as I stated earlier stand up as well on occasions as you mentioned, including 3rd downs, when the opposing team has the ball.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I wish I was there,

One of my biggest pet peves is when a man put his hands on a women, in an unwanted way..

I'm not even going to say what I might have done..

Me, I like to jump up and cheer and yell, hackel the other team and all that good stuff.

But some people do over do it, as was the case with the Bears-Vikings game I went to, these two guys across from us where so dam drunk by the end of the game, all the did was stand up and make asses of themselves......I felt for the fans sitting behind them, trying to watch the game.
    I was more suprised, the beer man, kept on feeding them the beers whenever they wanted one......I would have shut them off, for their own good..

I say, stand up and cheer, but at the same time, be considerate of others around you.......

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"NeumDog" wrote:
    The guy got his one free pass. I'm not sure how many games he goes to, with his idiot wife, because people share seson tickets, but it will never happen again. My reaction won't be so calm next time.
    Next Wild game:

**goal is scored, the crowd goes to there feet**

Slob: Excuse me miss (WBL), but you are obstructing my view.

Neum: Uh, its a hockey game jack....mind your own business.

Slob: Hey pal, I did not come here to look at the back of your girlfriend!

Neum:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast