Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    oaklandzoo24's Avatar
    oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,897

    Soccer makes me laugh

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/manchester/7984554.stm

    And to think we complain about the officiating in the NFL and NBA.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

    [img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

  2. #2
    Admiral's Avatar
    Admiral is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    45

    Re: Soccer makes me laugh

    This happened in an amateur league, hardly fair to compare that to officiating in the NFL and NBA, which are some of the most professional sports organizations in the world .

  3. #3
    oaklandzoo24's Avatar
    oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,897

    Re: Soccer makes me laugh

    Wasn't trying to be fair or unfair.
    Just making some conversation on a saturday morning.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

    [img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

  4. #4
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,579

    Re: Soccer makes me laugh

    How did he know who did it?
    We're bringing purple back.

  5. #5
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,493

    Re: Soccer makes me laugh

    "Admiral" wrote:
    This happened in an amateur league, hardly fair to compare that to officiating in the NFL and NBA, which are some of the most professional sports organizations in the world .
    The NFL's commissioner destroyed all evidence of cheating by the most successful team of the past decade because he's friends with the teams owner... yeah, that's professional.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  6. #6
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,233

    Re: Soccer makes me laugh

    "C" wrote:
    "Admiral" wrote:
    This happened in an amateur league, hardly fair to compare that to officiating in the NFL and NBA, which are some of the most professional sports organizations in the world .
    The NFL's commissioner destroyed all evidence of cheating by the most successful team of the past decade because he's friends with the teams owner... yeah, that's professional.
    I heard that The Patriots only won the 01/02 Superbowl because 'they' (whoever they are) wanted some American sentiment post 9/11.

    Oh wait that was probably from you...

  7. #7
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,493

    Re: Soccer makes me laugh

    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Admiral" wrote:
    This happened in an amateur league, hardly fair to compare that to officiating in the NFL and NBA, which are some of the most professional sports organizations in the world .
    The NFL's commissioner destroyed all evidence of cheating by the most successful team of the past decade because he's friends with the teams owner... yeah, that's professional.
    I heard that The Patriots only won the 01/02 Superbowl because 'they' (whoever they are) wanted some American sentiment post 9/11.

    Oh wait that was probably from you...
    Go back to sleep little sheep.

    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  8. #8
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,233

    Re: Soccer makes me laugh

    "C" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Admiral" wrote:
    This happened in an amateur league, hardly fair to compare that to officiating in the NFL and NBA, which are some of the most professional sports organizations in the world .
    The NFL's commissioner destroyed all evidence of cheating by the most successful team of the past decade because he's friends with the teams owner... yeah, that's professional.
    I heard that The Patriots only won the 01/02 Superbowl because 'they' (whoever they are) wanted some American sentiment post 9/11.

    Oh wait that was probably from you...
    Go back to sleep little sheep.

    You sound agitated. Tin-foil helmet bugging you again?

  9. #9
    michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,876

    Re: Soccer makes me laugh

    haha u gotta love soccer.

Similar Threads

  1. If you need a good laugh after the all of this....
    By 12purplepride28 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-03-2010, 08:29 AM
  2. Need a Laugh?
    By VikingMike in forum Two Beer Minimum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-23-2009, 03:24 PM
  3. Want a good laugh?
    By WBLVikeBabe in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-15-2006, 01:26 AM
  4. don't laugh
    By Lotza in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-05-2005, 01:00 AM
  5. Just for a Laugh
    By viks_fan21 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-12-2005, 11:55 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •