Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    ElBarto is offline Starter

Re: So how did you become a fan?

Flicking through the TV channels one Sunday night a few years ago and came across a football game. Sat there and watched it, enjoyed it, watched it again the following week.

Getting towards the end of the season and decided I should pick a team, The Vikes must've been on a few times 'cos I could remember the names of some of the players so was leaning towards the purple. Then came the NFCC game against the giants :roll:

That made my mind up, any team that could implode like that had to be the team for me.

So the Vikes it was and I've not looked back since........except to check that I'm not being followed by anyone :???:
    My head is spinning round, I don t know what to do...

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The Vikes played the St. Louis Cardinals ( yes they haven't always been the Rams for you youngsters! ) back in '83 at Wembley Stadium in London. As the area I lived in West London had connection with the name Vikings I hopped aboard the purple wagon and been there ever since.
    The bonus was annoying the hell out of some Cardinal fans behind me at the game who laughed at that " damn brit who knows nothing about supporting a proper team " ... yeah right guys and exactly whose team got their butts kicked that day ??
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

SamDawg84 Guest

i dont remember when i became a vikes fan...... i think it was cause of my older bro.....

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"SamDawg84" wrote:
    i dont remember when i became a vikes fan...... i think it was cause of my older bro.....
    If Vikez4lyfe is your older brother and take-up his likes and dislikes... :shock:

:grin:

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"blackstarz18" wrote:
    ummmmm... quite honestly :angel13:

i had been using the chat and del rio got me to join the forum talks as well. after a while i started liking the people and the vikings.
    and i had no choice bc of cajun :twisted: :lol:
    I DO have that effect on women! :twisted:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

blackstarz18 is offline Coordinator

lol cajun! u wish u had that effect on me :wink: :twisted: :lol:
    "one thing about a birthday suit, it s always in style.
    And if it loses its shape it can be altered"

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

I became a Vikes fan when Bud Grant became the coach of the Vikings in 1966-67. I was 19 at the time. I loved Grants coaching style. I had read an interview in some mag when he became the coach and liked what he had to say. I later lived in the Twin Cities in 1968 for a year and that pretty much made me a fan for life even though I have lived in many other places over the years. I lived in Texas as a Vikes fan, Colorado as a Vikes fan, Los Angeles as a Vikes fan, Northern California as a Vikes fan. :smile:

WWBGD

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345