Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    VikingsBabe is offline Training Camp

Re: So how did you become a fan?

"JDogg926" wrote:
    mmm bread, does anyone have butter?
    you should see his tattoo...he loves butter so much he has a stick of butter tattooed on his forearm! and on the other arm he has a tattoo of a monkey riding a bicycle and eating a pickle....

I grew up in Wisconsin and was constantly exposed to the brainwashing Packer propoganda. Luckily my best friend was a die hard Vikings fan, and every Sunday during football season I'd go to his house to catch the game. Since then I've been a huge Vikings fan unfortanately still trapped in Slackerland. AGGH! SKOL!

VikingsBabe is offline Training Camp

oh by the way...i think everyone knows how i became a vikings fan. they were at first forced upon me, stealing my position as jdogg's girlfriend every Sunday. but then i learned that if i wanted to see him on sunday's i better learn to like the vikings. so it worked out that we would go to BW3s to watch football...Browns on one screen, possibly vikes on another...and then i learned that the vikings are a lot better than the browns...so the vikings turned out to be my favorite team. i still like the browns though...in fact we are going to see the Browns/Bears game in Cleveland on Oct. 9. i remember someone saying that they lived in Medina...was it you, ultraviking? you have to have some interest in the browns too, right??

ryanmurphy is offline Pro-Bowler

I was a Houston Oilers fan for a long time... I have always loved the deep threat, and back in the day no one could throw it better then Moon. Especially with Givens, Webster Slaughter, and Haywood Jeffries running three deep before three deep was cool. When Moon was traded to the Vikes, I still kept tabs on him. It didnt take long to figure out that they were a much more fun team to watch then the Oilers. I have been a fan ever since...

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

being born in Taos it was a little strange to become a Vikings fan. i actually really didn't care for sports growing up, i just wasn't interesting in them at all, and then i started talking to my aunt who lives in Minnesota and is a die-hard vikings fan. she got me into them, but in order to really begin to learn anything about the vikings that season, i'd have to play Madden on my SNES and try and get to know the players names and positions. now that i'm older my family has sunday ticket so i get to see the games almost all the time unless i'm working. i would never root for another team even though i wasn't into sports, so i guess it's mainly because of my family that i'm into Minnesota sports

Thanks Josdin

TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

My father grew up a viking fan. he said he always like the purple people eaters and plus he met norm van brocklin through my grandpa (nfl players association rep) so he just kinda took to the vikes. when i was born in 1976, minnesota was one of the powerhouses and my dad was really into them. my middle name is Tarkenton, so I dont have a choice but to bleed purple. thru thick and thin i have stood behind our vikes.
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

faninphx is offline Starter

I grew up a huge Bears fan because my older brother was. Jim McMahon was kind of my boyhood idol. My brother suggested to me that I should become a Vikings fan back in '93. I've been a diehard Vikes fan ever since!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Born in Minnesota in 1966. I grew up a Viking fan.

Even after we moved to Wisconsin - when I was 12 - I always knew where "Home" was...and it ISN'T the "Land of Cheese".

Caine

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

Was a fan my whole life due to living here and picking it up from my old man, became a serious fan in '99, one freaking year to late. Oh well, live and learn.
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

I have been a fan since the day I could pick up a football. The first football I threw was a little toy vikings football and since that day I have never looked back.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast