Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

So how did you become a fan?

I was thiking back to the day I became a Viking fan and thought it would be cool if we all shared our own little story of how we became part of the greatest fan core in the NFL.

I was seven years old. We had moved around when I was younger, I was born in Minnesota, we then moved to south dakota, then up to Alaska (where we have lived for ten years, and I probably will never leave) I didn't watch, or even really care about football. My dad (being born, and living in MN for most of his life) was a loyal Vikings fan. He watched the games whenever possible and knew most of the players backgrounds, etc.
    He finally introduced me to football. I watched a little but didn't really care about games outcome. I decided that I wanted to be a Cowboy when I grew up so my "favorite team" became the Dallas Cowboys *yuck!
    One day my dad was watching a game, and being bored, I decided to watch too. It was third and long (I think) and Chris Carter exploded off the snap and ran for the end zone. The ball came soaring and looked like it would go over his head, he streched out, toed the back of the end zone and caught the ball on his fingertips. My dad cheered as I sat there staring into the telivision with my mouth open wondering how it was humanly possible for someone to do what he had just done. After watching the re-play in awe I asked my Dad "who is that guy" he looked at me with a grin and said "son, that is Chris Carter" I watched every game I could from then on (totally ditching the Cowboys and from there I never looked back. I stayed a loyal fan through the down Vikings era of the Vikings, struggling to even make 500. As hard as it was for a little boy to hear his freinds who were 49ers, Patriots, Dolphins, Cowboys, and Broncos, fans talk about the great seasons they're teams had, I never changed my loyalty to my true favorite team.

Okay, enugh of me blabbering, I want to see some more people post their little "fan bio" on here :lol:

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

Re: So how did you become a fan?

well.. growing up in Duluth Mn.. it was either watching the Stars, or the Vikings!!

but of the times i remember most.. was watching Tommy Kramer throw bombs to A.Carter... does it seem to anyone else but me that Mn has always been the Deep threat team?

anyone remember A.C comn down with the hail mary from T.K. i think it was against the bears.. and we held the S.B bears on the goal line.. even the Fridge couldn't get past the P.P.E. Dline!!!

also remember fishing up on a lake with dad watchin Tommy running laps at the rehab clinic..

got to see Joey Browner a few times also in some Dojo exibitations.. i heard he kicked as hard as he tacked..

since then it's been a tradition to wach and cheer for hte Vikes, in the ups and downs.. like hte time Hershel Walker ran without a shoe on his opening kick off. or Moss's first TD pass!! I even got to see D.C's first shoulder squared off slam into a LB.. as he kept moving foward!!

now i listen over the net.. and whn i visit my dad it's infront of the tv with bbq wings, beer, nachos and picante sauce!!! and the 1x half 420 saftey meeting!!..

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

tosstomoss is offline Starter

I was stationed in Germany 1987, The Bosox and Mets were playing in the world series, Its about 3:00am in Germany and my wife and friends were watching in on AFN (Armed forces Network) we only recieved one channel, so I am from Boston and a huge Bosox fan when Baylor let the ball go between his legs and we lost AGAIN!!! I decided to drop all bostonian teams. So the first Football game that I saw was the viking and who ever and am proud to say I have been with the vikes since 1987. Tho we have never won the big game , it has truely been fun fun to watch Burns, Chris Carter, Denny Green , Moss and the 1998 season etc.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Being an elder on this site, and growing up in Minnesota... well moved to Califofnia when I was 12, I've been rooting for the Vikings since the 1969 season. Joe Kapp, Gene Washington, Mick Tinglehoff, Ron Yary, and of course that Purple People Eaters Defense, I remember that the Rams with Roman Gabriel and the fearsome foursome, playing a muddy playoff game and Carl Eller sacked Roman for a safety, ah the memories.... Been through the Gary Cuasso's and Bob Lee's, the Les Steckel's, seen a once proud D turn bad, and now hope to see it rise up again. Seen 4 Super Bowl
    defeats, and am hoping to get that championship this year, or next. How about back to back. Ha! Well let's just get that first one. Skol Vikings. Purple Forever

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I was born a fan in 1974.

Remember watching the Vikes back in 1980. I had a Tommy Kramer jersey too. I would put it on and go outside pretending I was him, except I did not have a hangover! :lol:

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

six years ago when i was around seven i was watching a bills game with my dad. The bills were at minnesota and i couldn't stand the bills for some reason. So i decided to root for the other team. i really liked the vikings jerseys too. So as my football knowledge grew i began to become a big and just year become obsessed fan.

Go vikes!!

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Didn't we already have a thread on this???

Anyhow, I was about 8 or 9, when I was watching the Browns rooting for them, but I started collecting football cards, and following the entire NFL. Most of my favorite players (Doleman, Millard, Browner) played for the Vikings. I saw them on TV, really liked the horns on the helmets, their uniforms, and the way Minnesota Vikings just rolls off your tongue when you say it. Then, I found out Browner was from my hometown and that pretty much sealed the deal.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Well............I was born in MInnesota.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"akvikefan89" wrote:
    I was thiking back to the day I became a Viking fan and thought it would be cool if we all shared our own little story of how we became part of the greatest fan core in the NFL.

I was seven years old. We had moved around when I was younger, I was born in Minnesota, we then moved to south dakota, then up to Alaska (where we have lived for ten years, and I probably will never leave) I didn't watch, or even really care about football. My dad (being born, and living in MN for most of his life) was a loyal Vikings fan. He watched the games whenever possible and knew most of the players backgrounds, etc.
    He finally introduced me to football. I watched a little but didn't really care about games outcome. I decided that I wanted to be a Cowboy when I grew up so my "favorite team" became the Dallas Cowboys *yuck!
    One day my dad was watching a game, and being bored, I decided to watch too. It was third and long (I think) and Chris Carter exploded off the snap and ran for the end zone. The ball came soaring and looked like it would go over his head, he streched out, toed the back of the end zone and caught the ball on his fingertips. My dad cheered as I sat there staring into the telivision with my mouth open wondering how it was humanly possible for someone to do what he had just done. After watching the re-play in awe I asked my Dad "who is that guy" he looked at me with a grin and said "son, that is Chris Carter" I watched every game I could from then on (totally ditching the Cowboys and from there I never looked back. I stayed a loyal fan through the down Vikings era of the Vikings, struggling to even make 500. As hard as it was for a little boy to hear his freinds who were 49ers, Patriots, Dolphins, Cowboys, and Broncos, fans talk about the great seasons they're teams had, I never changed my loyalty to my true favorite team.

Okay, enugh of me blabbering, I want to see some more people post their little "fan bio" on here :lol:
    Smart man!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Tosstomoss" wrote:
    I was stationed in Germany 1987, The Bosox and Mets were playing in the world series, Its about 3:00am in Germany and my wife and friends were watching in on AFN (Armed forces Network) we only recieved one channel, so I am from Boston and a huge Bosox fan when Baylor let the ball go between his legs and we lost AGAIN!!! I decided to drop all bostonian teams. So the first Football game that I saw was the viking and who ever and am proud to say I have been with the vikes since 1987. Tho we have never won the big game , it has truely been fun fun to watch Burns, Chris Carter, Denny Green , Moss and the 1998 season etc.

Very smart man!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast