Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: So do you belive in UFO's?

"singersp" wrote:
    Yep, but not all! You can't dis-spell everyone that's been reported. Hell the military itself has reported several.

Many are staged or faked, some are military craft such as the early flights of the stealth, but some cannot be explained. I watch a lot of shows on this subject & can
    scoff at some of the photos & videos, but there are quite a few that are talked about by high ranking officers in the military, astronauts, pilots, police & others who have nothing to gain by reporting them. Even President Jimmy Carter reported seeing one as did Neil Armstrong.

It's one thing when one person reports UFO's but when dozens & even hundreds do surrounding the same sightings, it makes you wonder.

There have also been many reports & controversies surrounding reverse engineering of crashed space craft to speed up our own technological advances.

The Rendlesham Forest UFO Incident (Britain's Roswell)

http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicrend.html

The Kecksburg, Pennsylvania "UFO Crash"

http://www.ufocasebook.com/Kecksburg.html

Brazil's Roswell

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/ufo-files-brazils-roswell-the-colares-sighting/4039266450

Illinois Police Sighting Incident

On January 5, 2000, beginning shortly after 4:00 am, five on-duty Illinois police officers in separate locations sighted and reported a massive, unidentified triangular aircraft. Two of the five officers reported flight characteristics which do not conform to currently known civilian technologies, as the object appeared to move at incredible speeds without making any sound. Sightings in Highland, Illinois, by a civilian who first reported to the local police department and subsequent sightings took place in Lebanon, Summerfield, Shiloh, Millstadt, Dupo, and O'Fallon. Scott Air Force Base public relations office denied any knowledge of the event. The incident was featured in Peter Jennings' final ABC special, "UFOs: Seeing is Believing". The event has been addressed by several U.S. cable television programs and one independent documentary.

This story was also featured in 2005 on a segment of the SciFi Channel paranormal investigation series "Proof Positive" (episode #108). To substantiate that the police officers did in fact witness the same unexplained aircraft, and that their reports correlated together, all five were given a lie detector test and asked various questions about the incident. All five officers passed the test and the show gave the story a "proof positive".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Triangle_%28UFO%29

I think this was the best response in this thread.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Yep, but not all! You can't dis-spell everyone that's been reported. Hell the military itself has reported several.

Many are staged or faked, some are military craft such as the early flights of the stealth, but some cannot be explained. I watch a lot of shows on this subject & can
    scoff at some of the photos & videos, but there are quite a few that are talked about by high ranking officers in the military, astronauts, pilots, police & others who have nothing to gain by reporting them. Even President Jimmy Carter reported seeing one as did Neil Armstrong.

It's one thing when one person reports UFO's but when dozens & even hundreds do surrounding the same sightings, it makes you wonder.

There have also been many reports & controversies surrounding reverse engineering of crashed space craft to speed up our own technological advances.

The Rendlesham Forest UFO Incident (Britain's Roswell)

http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicrend.html

The Kecksburg, Pennsylvania "UFO Crash"

http://www.ufocasebook.com/Kecksburg.html

Brazil's Roswell

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/ufo-files-brazils-roswell-the-colares-sighting/4039266450

Illinois Police Sighting Incident

On January 5, 2000, beginning shortly after 4:00 am, five on-duty Illinois police officers in separate locations sighted and reported a massive, unidentified triangular aircraft. Two of the five officers reported flight characteristics which do not conform to currently known civilian technologies, as the object appeared to move at incredible speeds without making any sound. Sightings in Highland, Illinois, by a civilian who first reported to the local police department and subsequent sightings took place in Lebanon, Summerfield, Shiloh, Millstadt, Dupo, and O'Fallon. Scott Air Force Base public relations office denied any knowledge of the event. The incident was featured in Peter Jennings' final ABC special, "UFOs: Seeing is Believing". The event has been addressed by several U.S. cable television programs and one independent documentary.

This story was also featured in 2005 on a segment of the SciFi Channel paranormal investigation series "Proof Positive" (episode #108). To substantiate that the police officers did in fact witness the same unexplained aircraft, and that their reports correlated together, all five were given a lie detector test and asked various questions about the incident. All five officers passed the test and the show gave the story a "proof positive".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Triangle_%28UFO%29

I think this was the best response in this thread.
    probably, Singer is good at finding stuff.. i think he invented the internet or something

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"C" wrote:
    Interesting question. I read The Day After Roswell by Phillip Corso, it was entertaining. It's a fun idea to think about.

Do I believe in them? I believe there is probably something out there, but I also think the human mind cannot completely comprehend what is going on outside this planet... let alone a bunch of sports fans on a football website.
    I believe Coroso was the the Col. or Lt. Col in the military that at one time had the power over the "nuclear button". If I remember right, he had control over all objects taken from Roswell. One of which was a light/laser pen of sorts that supposedly was reverse engineered & was used to assist in developing the modern day laser. The helmet I also remember, as well as the fabric that was said to have been studied to help develop Kevlar.

He also stated he had seen one of the bodies taken from Roswell in a military warehouse.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"C" wrote:
    Interesting question. I read The Day After Roswell by Phillip Corso, it was entertaining. It's a fun idea to think about.

Do I believe in them? I believe there is probably something out there, but I also think the human mind cannot completely comprehend what is going on outside this planet... let alone a bunch of sports fans on a football website.
    I can honestly say, after reading some of the posts and thoughts of some members on this site for nearly two years, that this site has some of the most intelligent and logical people I have ever had the privilege of knowing.

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

I can honestly say, after reading some of the posts and thoughts of some members on this site for nearly two years, that this site has some of the most intelligent and logical people I have ever had the privilege of knowing.
    I think you may have misunderstood me a bit...

Einstein himself couldn't think of a unifying theory for General Relativity and Quantum Mechanics... something which
    these UFOs would completely understand, and utilize quite often... I'm saying I just don't think the human mind can comprehend what's going on, whether these "UFO's" are from space or from alternate dimensions/realities.

The String Theory of the universe, which is an attempt to connect General Relativity and Quantum Mechanics states that there HAS to be at least 11 other alternate dimensions.

Didn't mean to insult anyone... just poking a little fun at all of us.

i know where you were coming from but yea i know exactly what you mean... we'll never understand whats truely out there -- unless we discover it (or more likely, something revealed itself to us).

I've taken four astronomy @ the U in town here while in PSEO, one of them a Life in the Universe course... there are definatly so many unanswered questions out there... and as of now its nothing but speculation, and a fun discussion.

- Dan Calabrese

*Bump...

Simply want to know more people's thoughts on this topic.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

We're a miniscule fraction of the universe, just be sheer probability there could easily be life in other places.
    Intelligent life too, it's not that difficult to believe that there could be forms of life more intelligent than the human race, i sure hope there is.

Actually, it's very easy to believe in UFOs.
    The more you don't know the more that you see things that you can't identify.
    I think I saw one this morning right before the pollen fell into my eyes.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Prophet" wrote:
    We're a miniscule fraction of the universe, just be sheer probability there could easily be life in other places.
    Intelligent life too, it's not that difficult to believe that there could be forms of life more intelligent than the human race, i sure hope there is.

Great post, could agree more... I mean, technically, UFO's are very real... it doesn't mean "Alien" it simply means Unidentified Flying Object.

But, if you question existence of extraterrestrial beings... I think you'll be in for a surprise in the next few years.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

Great post, could agree more... I mean, technically, UFO's are very real... it doesn't mean "Alien" it simply means Unidentified Flying Object.

But, if you question existence of extraterrestrial beings... I think you'll be in for a surprise in the next few years.

Hmmmm...if I didn't know better, I'd think there was a theory formulating here.

As a few have stated, it's hard to believe there isn't some form of life out there in the myriad solar systems and galaxies...and it's probably nothing like what we are familiar with. Whether or not they travel through space or time, who knows...but it's fascinating either way.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast