Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Snowboarding tomorrow...

I am going snowboarding tomorrow in southern PA...just a little day trip to get myself in boarding shape for my trip to Whistler in March...we get the day off in Washington DC for the Innoculation....I mean the Ignorantnation...I mean the Inauguration! I wouldn't be caught dead in that crap tomorrow...escape to the hills and board down them all day...better than being in DC tomorrow! WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Snowboarding tomorrow...

"cajunvike" wrote:
    I am going snowboarding tomorrow in southern PA...just a little day trip to get myself in boarding shape for my trip to Whistler in March...we get the day off in Washington DC for the Innoculation....I mean the Ignorantnation...I mean the Inauguration! I wouldn't be caught dead in that crap tomorrow...escape to the hills and board down them all day...better than being in DC tomorrow! WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!
    Awesome!! Sounds like fun although I'd choose skiing over snowboarding! I hear Whistler is great though, I have to check it out sometime. have you been there before?

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

Re: Snowboarding tomorrow...

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Awesome!! Sounds like fun although I'd choose skiing over snowboarding! I hear Whistler is great though, I have to check it out sometime. have you been there before?
    No, I haven't...but I will report on it when I get back! I might strap on the sticks for a day or two, but I will mainly board...skiing is OK, but I like to just carve...and maybe throw in a little time in the terrain park/halfpipe!

Snowboarding tomorrow...

Cajun I thought you were going skiing today??

Snowboarding tomorrow...

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    Cajun I thought you were going skiing today??
    Boarding....and it was OK...the snow is man-made and they were making it all day, so it wasn't groomed nor was it powdery...it was kinda chunky and lumpy...but it was still better than nothing. My friend and I were coaching some newbie snowboarder friends, so we had fun watching them eat it all day...LOL...so the day wasn't a total waste. Hopefully, by the weekend, the snow will be much better and I can get out there again (probably Saturday).

Snowboarding tomorrow...

ohh ok, i see. I always just say skiing cause of course skiing is better :P I tried boarding once and did not have a good experience.

Snowboarding tomorrow...

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    ohh ok, i see. I always just say skiing cause of course skiing is better :P I tried boarding once and did not have a good experience.
    Only well-coordinated people can master snowboarding. j/k

I might do some skiing this year, but snowboarding is so much more free-flowing and you can do more tricks on a board...shreddin' is where it's at for me!!!! :cheers:

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

Snowboarding tomorrow...

Snow is on the way here finally. 7-9 inches of snow by tomorrow morning.

Del Rio Guest

Snowboarding tomorrow...

Cajun come out here to Utah we have base that exceeds 120 inches even more real god made snow man!

Snowboarding tomorrow...

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Cajun come out here to Utah we have base that exceeds 120 inches even more real god made snow man!
    Last year, when we went to Vail, the original plan was to go to Utah, but 1) a few of the resorts there don't allow boarders and 2) some of the people on our trip vetoed Utah because they preferred Colorado. I came into the picture late on this trip so I had to just follow the crowd. From what I understand though, Whistler has the highest elevation and the whole experience is awesome. I will lobby for Utah next year...what spots are the best in your opinion and why? Remember, I am a boarder first...I will ski on occasion, but only to stay sharp.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast