Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Smashed in the mouth with a 10' pipe!!!!!

Yes thats right...today my idiot co-worker accidently hit me directly on my mouth with a large pipe. My lipped is swollen to the size of a ping pong ball and 2/3 of my left front tooth is now in my stomach.

Has anybody else ever broken the majority of their tooth of? If so what can I expect from the dentist. Will they be able to put a cap on it? Or do you think they'll have to pull out whats left and replace with a fake tooth?

This totally sucks, it hurts like a b!tch. The worst part is, I'm stuck half way across the country in the middle of nowhere. I don't fly home until tomorrow night and I'm sure I won't be able to see a dentist until next week. AAGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Smashed in the mouth with a 10' pipe!!!!!

OUCH!!!! That had to hurt.

Is it chipped or broken? I chipped a front tooth with a crowbar, and the dentist put some kind of cap on it.

Over half of it is gone! I would classify it as much more than a chip. I look like a total dufus.

CrazyVikingsFan is offline Pro-Bowler

No the worse part is when the tooth tries to leave your body!! :bum: Good Luck :sign5:

Bloody: thats sucks. sorry that happened. When I was a kid, I fell over the front handlebars of my bike and bit the street with my front tooth. I broke off quite bit and they actually replaced the missing part with a composite peice that is still in place. That was 25 years ago or so. So, I imagine it will depend on what broke off as to wheter they can replace it, or cap it.

"K-Rob81" wrote:
    No the worse part is when the tooth tries to leave your body!! :bum: Good Luck :sign5:
    Thanks, that made me feel better..... :roll:

boognish is offline Coordinator

:shock: I was going to answer this post with some wise-azz remark about giving you a 10" pipe, but I see that it is you that got hit and not some random news story. Sorry to hear about that...sounds painful. I'm having a martini as I type this, and I guarantee that couldn't hurt you right about now.

Dentists can do amazing things nowadays, buddy. I'm sure they'll be able to give you a cap for it. You should call a local dentist's office, wherever you are, and see if you can get a quick prescription for some pain killers. Or take my first suggestion and go with the booze.

Good luck.
    I am a dipshit!!!

"vikinginvirginia" wrote:
    Bloody: thats sucks. sorry that happened. When I was a kid, I fell over the front handlebars of my bike and bit the street with my front tooth. I broke off quite bit and they actually replaced the missing part with a composite peice that is still in place. That was 25 years ago or so. So, I imagine it will depend on what broke off as to wheter they can replace it, or cap it.
    That actually does make me feel a little better. I was wondering how strong a tooth repair would be. If anything, I'm sure dentistry has gotten better since then so I shouldn't be too worried I guess. Still sucks. I can't wait to see my fiance's face when I walk in the door tomorrow night.....HONEY... I'M HOME!! :lol:

WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach

I actually had both front teeth busted out by doing a faceplant playing kickball in 4th grade. I only had about 1/3 of the tooth left. A couple years ago, I had my teeth all crowned while in CA and now my friends call me Choppers cause I have a Movie Star smile. So there is hope.

"boognish" wrote:
    :shock: I was going to answer this post with some wise-silliness remark about giving you a 10" pipe, but I see that it is you that got hit and not some random news story. Sorry to hear about that...sounds painfull. I'm having a martini right now, and I guarentee that couldn't hurt you right about now.

Dentists can do amazing things nowadays, buddy. I'm sure they'll be able to give you a cap for it. You should call a local dentist's office, wherever you are, and see if you can get a quick prescription for some pain killers. Or take my first suggestion and go with the booze.
    Good luck.
    I stopped at Wal-Mart on the way back to my Hotel and bought some orajel. Hopefully that helps. Otherwise I have about 6 Budweisers in the fridge that are going to be gone in about 2 hours... :lol: When all else fails, drink booze.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast