Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    PurplePumpkin is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Site is back up and running!

"damien927" wrote:
    wow, talk about withdrawal! I have the day off work and my wife was getting pissed at me. Every time she asked me to do something I was like "hold on, I have to see if Purple Pride is back online ". Around the 15th time, I think she was getting angry.

So what actually happened.

I found myself on the ESPN message boards... and trolling the hawks board. Man, are they full of themselves. They are talkin crap like " we wanted Petersen all along, not Hutch. They were just messing with the vikings". Unbelievable.
    Sounds Just like my day.
    My wife was just giving me crap too.
    After checking out some other Message boards
    I realize what a First Class Website this place is!
    I 'm proud to be aboard this ship! Good job PPO!

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hey Grand Rapids! I know a bunch of folks from GR, or as we call it, north of the tree line.

PurplePumpkin is offline Pro-Bowler

"Webby" wrote:
    Hey Grand Rapids! I know a bunch of folks from GR, or as we call it, north of the tree line.
    I've lived here since 1967 the day I was born.
    I wouldnt be surprised if I knew some of them

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Webby" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:
    Wow, missed out on the action. The database server is getting so much action...we are moving to the next release of the backend database server which promises to handle the high volumes better...waited until offseason to start this process, but man, with all the offseason stuff this year no time is a good time!

I am adding some new types of monitoring to the server farms next week when I return, and they will help us keep on top of it.

SKOL!

Thanks Webby, how is the Vacation going? Are you a lobster? Are the Corona's going down well, or is it Bahama Momma's?
    I was pretty plastered the last two nights...tends to happen in Cabo I guess. Hell if I know all of what we drank. Smoking the cubans, too, which is a freekin' treat. We all look at each other every morning and am like, holy crap. But hey, look, there's a swim bar in this pool! Wooohoo! A beer would settle this hangover! LOL

In Maui I got some serious sun, etc. Chopper tour was the coolest ever in the old Magnum PI chopper, doors off and all!

Ready to come home...
    Webby a rough life you are leading, and my heart bleeds about the hangovers! :wink:

We were on Oahu last April, stayed on Waikiki beach! Love the Islands, next time I want to go to the Big Island to cheek out the Volcanoes.

Hope the rest of the trip goes great and the hangovers are worth it, most of the time! ale: ccasion5:
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Good to see the site back up and running again - I nearly had to go and do some during the day yesterday - and thats just not on !!!!

Not that it needed confirming but, looking round some of the other sites for news, you realise how much bitching and moaning goes on at some of these places. I know that some people class themselves as realists/ optimists etc but some of the negative knocks about Childress/ Vikes FA so far/ Triangle of Authority etc
    Least here people are a bit more realistic about expectations and commenting on how things are likely to pan out.

Welcome back PP.O ! :cheers:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345