Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

From a Single Swinger to becoming Uncle Ned...Long Story...

Back in 1998, I was chatting in a chat room one night, I ended up chatting with this nice young girl from Cebu,Philippines.

That young girl was 29 years old at the time and her name was Margie.....She was born and raised in the Philippines and had never even been out of her own country.

We had such a nice little chat that we decided to chat again the next night, and the next and the next and so on....Chating led to phone calls and letters and photo sharing.....I think it was about 9 months after we met that, Margie asked would I like to visit her in the Philippines for the upcoming Christmas Season.....How could I turn down the invite...I already had very strong feelings for her and deep in my heart I knew I found a very loving and caring women, who would be a very loving and carring wife..

I arrived in Cebu and Margie and her Sister and one Cousin name Emma, met me at the airport.

All I can say is WOW, what a culture shock, right off the bat......

Seeing people living on the sides of streets and conditions that would not be tolerated here in most parts of the USA..

But we finaly met and we had a great first day, next day was even better, then off to meet the parents and the villiage where Margie was born and raised. It's name is Sagay, a mountain top villiage that has a population of maybe 300 people in all.....

I'de say at least 200 of them lined the sides of the mountain road, waving and looking in wonder who this American who traveled so far to meet one of there own very highly respected young ladies was.

I'm not that tall, but I must have seemed like a giant to them all. Margie later told me, her mother was worried because she said, if that man ever hits you, he could kill you.... I laugh at it now, and my Mother In-Law whom I care very much for and Love, is no longer worried about what kind of man I am. Over the past 8 years, I have not only been accepted as a family member to those in my wifes family, but a true friend and at times a leader of the villiage itself........

Well it was coming up on Christmas, and I had made up my mind I wanted to share my life with Margie, so I asked her to marry me before I had to go home on the 3rd of January......

She said yes, then cried, then gave me the warmest and most emotional hug I'de ever received in my life....Now the villiage was in full action to see this pulled off, before I had to leave.....Even the Mayor and Judge where on my side..LOL..

We had our blood test taken, registered to be married ( 10 day waiting period in the Philippines) and everything was put in order...We married on the 28th of December 1998......The reception was something to behold, roast pigs cooking, large sea bass grilled, DJ and Kareoke....Dancing all night long.........A day I will never forget.....

On my return home, I sent in my application for my wife to come to the states. It was now 1999, Marige turned 30 at the end of July, so I flew over to suprise her for her birthday, I traveled all the way to the villiage on my own, only to learn Margie had gone to visit her Aunt and Uncle in the City, where I had just landed and come from.. :roll:

Anyways, I was tired and decided to sleep the night at my inlaws, and go to the city the next day to find my wife, only thing is, word travels fast on a small island and I was awaken the next mourning with a big kiss from my wife. Her sister took the bus back to the city and said I had arrived the day before. Margie was shocked and rushed back home to awake me...

It was only a 2 week visit, but I had the chance to arrange a nice party for my wifes birthday and we sure did share some nice times together while there.

A few months pass and I learn my wife is preganent with our child..
    I'm going crazy now, and I really wanted our child to be born in the USA and I wanted Margie to get the best of care here.....INS did nothing to help me out, and even the Senetor of CT I wrote to was little help with my concerns for my wifes medical care and her being still in the PI"s and me here state side..

Well, INS sends me a letter finaly saying your wifes visa is set for Jan. 20th 2000....So I fly back to CEBU to bring my wife back and I figured just in time, because airlines don't allow pregnent women to fly internationaly during their third term of pregnancy.......

End of Jan. comes and INS says, THEY LOST MY FILE!!!!!!

I was balistic, long story short, we got Margies visa on something like April 3rd.....My Son was due on April 17......Airline refused my wife to get on the plane........

That night, I took my wife to the mall in Manila, got a big gurtel for her and straped her in tight, bought her an oversized jacket and a large shoulder bag.

I purchased to more tickets from a different airline and made her dress in her new outfit, which hid her pregnancy rather well....I told her, and I'll never forget this, I said .....

Honey, Put your hand in my back pocket and don't let go, your getting on this plane with me no matter what...

Next thing I know we are taking off and on our way to the USA......We stopped in Japan for a fuel up and then off again....This time I realized our next stop was to be in Detroit...So I sent my wife to the rest room to dress in something more relaxing and not so tight..

The waitresses went balistic, but one, after hearing my story said GOOD FOR YOU.....They moved us to First Class and made a bed for my wife and I needed couple of Shots at that time...

We landed in Detroit, Flew to New York, and made it to our new home...

David our son was born 8 days after our arrival.......

I'm so blessed to have such a loving wife and a Son we are both proud of......

I have some other very scary and sad and happy stories to tell of my travels to Asia. But this was with no doubt, the most stressfull and challenging situation I've ever had to deal with in my whole life.....Just sad, it took me a total of something like 16 months, to bring my wife here, and that was even before 911 happened, so don't try to use that for an excuse........

Anyways, the outcome was great and worth every hard time I had to deal with.......

UNCLE NED..... :grin:

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: From a Single Swinger to becoming Uncle Ned...Long Story...

Wow that was alot of reading!!!

I love stories like this and they are really toughing.. Im glad this all worked out for everyone the way it did!

One Love

ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach

Good to hear that and have a happy fathers day also by the way.

Formerly Viking24

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

WOW!!! Great story and happy fathers day. Glad everything worked out for you.

sniff! that was beautiful man! (why don't they have a HAPPY crying smilie!!!) that really is an amazing story, and I'm really happy for you.
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: From a Single Swinger to becoming Uncle Ned...Long Story

You're really begining to make me worry now Uncle Ned.

I sure hope mt experiences getting Jevy to the USA goes a lot smoother than that.

With the fear I have of the US shutting down it's borders to foreigners, the sooner I get her over here the better.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

That's awesome Ned! After hearing singer's story earlier, it was nice to know how it all started in the first place. It's amazing how things go isn't it? You meet your wife in a chat room thousands of miles away, you get married, have a child, meet a friend on the internet and then you and your wife introduce HIM to the love of HIS life....tremendous story here, and I'm glad I could at least be a small part of it/witness to it.

Congrats to you Ned, and to singer as well.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"That night, I took my wife to the mall in Manila, got a big gurtel for her and straped her in tight, bought her an oversized jacket and a large shoulder bag.

I purchased to more tickets from a different airline and made her dress in her new outfit, which hid her pregnancy rather well....I told her, and I'll never forget this, I said .....

Honey, Put your hand in my back pocket and don't let go, your getting on this plane with me no matter what..."

GOOD OL' AMERICAN INGENUITY!!!! WAY TO GO, NED!!!! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    That's awesome Ned! After hearing singer's story earlier, it was nice to know how it all started in the first place. It's amazing how things go isn't it? You meet your wife in a chat room thousands of miles away, you get married, have a child, meet a friend on the internet and then you and your wife introduce HIM to the love of HIS life....tremendous story here, and I'm glad I could at least be a small part of it/witness to it.

Congrats to you Ned, and to singer as well.
    Just wait until we secure the movie rights. There may be a small role in it for you somewhere Ltrey.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: From a Single Swinger to becoming Uncle Ned...Long Story

"singersp" wrote:
    You're really begining to make me worry now Uncle Ned.

I sure hope mt experiences getting Jevy to the USA goes a lot smoother than that.

With the fear I have of the US shutting down it's borders to foreigners, the sooner I get her over here the better.
    As I've told you a hundred times before Singer, your going to be just fine, your going the easier and smarter route for sure. I wish I had someone to give me advice back then myself, but I did it all on my own with only help from Margie...

I wish I knew then, what I know now.....You should have no problems at all...

And thats because, UNCLE NED said so.....LOL

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast