Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bono is offline Hall of Famer

singer Ashanti dead?

I'm just arriving at work...on the phone with my mom, and she said that R&B singer Ashanti killed in a car accident on today...heard it on the radio. Anyone heard anything about this?
    I hope it's all a confusion.
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

Re: singer Ashanti dead?

what? I'm going to check

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

I think was you heard was that she cancelled a concert or something because her COUSIN was killed.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Nah, it was her cousin...Ashanti pulled out of a concert because of it though.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12345951/
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

I havent heard anything on this, assume it would eb big news.

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

Geez dude..... it was her cousin not her! Damn you scared me

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

It was her cousin that was killed;

[size=18px]Distraught Ashanti cancels concert after cousin's untimely death [/size]

Posted on : Mon, 17 Apr 2006 19:02:04 GMT
    Author : Helen Steele
    News Category : Entertainment

JOHANNESBURG, South Africa - American R&B star Ashanti has pulled out of a concert scheduled over the weekend after her cousin was been killed by a teen drunk driver in Johannesburg.

Police said that Ashanti's cousin, 20-year-old Quinshae Snead was fetching something for the singer when her car was rear-ended by a 17-year-old drunk driver. Snead was flung out of the car and landed right in front of another car in the opposite lane, police added. Chief Superintendent Wayne Minnaar said that the teen driver had stolen the car from his mother, “He was also under the influence of liquor,” he was quoted as saying by the South African Press Association.

The teenager was hospitalized after being arrested for drunk driving. The driver of the car in which Snead was traveling was also injured and taken to the same hospital. Snead was Ashanti's personal assistant and they were reportedly very close to each other and lived together. Ashanti cancelled her weekend concert after the accident.

The Johannesburg Star reported that Ashanti's family was devastated by the accident, "It has been very traumatic. They are not coping at all. You experience the death of a loved one in a foreign country. It has been difficult," promoter Morris Roda told the paper. The Grammy award-winning singer has sold over six million albums and has also acted in films like Coach Carter and John Tucker Must Die.

Distraught Ashanti cancels concert after cousin's untimely death

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

bono is offline Hall of Famer

THANK GOD!!!!
    Well, it's still sad that anyone died (her cousin in this case). But, I'm just glad that my mom obviously didn't hear the radio announcer well enough.
    Sorry if I scared anyone. Trust me, I was slightly frozen when I heard it was her, too.
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Bono, just wondering what is your take on the whole Brett Favre thing? I'm interested to hear what the Pack fans point of view is.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    It was her cousin that was killed;

[size=18px]Distraught Ashanti cancels concert after cousin's untimely death [/size]

Posted on : Mon, 17 Apr 2006 19:02:04 GMT
    Author : Helen Steele
    News Category : Entertainment

JOHANNESBURG, South Africa - American R&B star Ashanti has pulled out of a concert scheduled over the weekend after her cousin was been killed by a teen drunk driver in Johannesburg.

Police said that Ashanti's cousin, 20-year-old Quinshae Snead was fetching something for the singer when her car was rear-ended by a 17-year-old drunk driver. Snead was flung out of the car and landed right in front of another car in the opposite lane, police added. Chief Superintendent Wayne Minnaar said that the teen driver had stolen the car from his mother, “He was also under the influence of liquor,” he was quoted as saying by the South African Press Association.

The teenager was hospitalized after being arrested for drunk driving. The driver of the car in which Snead was traveling was also injured and taken to the same hospital. Snead was Ashanti's personal assistant and they were reportedly very close to each other and lived together. Ashanti cancelled her weekend concert after the accident.

The Johannesburg Star reported that Ashanti's family was devastated by the accident, "It has been very traumatic. They are not coping at all. You experience the death of a loved one in a foreign country. It has been difficult," promoter Morris Roda told the paper. The Grammy award-winning singer has sold over six million albums and has also acted in films like Coach Carter and John Tucker Must Die.

Distraught Ashanti cancels concert after cousin's untimely death
    Already posted! :razz:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast