Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Sig Contest! Please Vote! Patriotic Theme!

Man, just let me start off by saying this is very difficult to try and pick in order. All of you are very talented Sig makers. I wouldn't hesitate to get a Sig from anyone of you. I already got one from one on this list, and he happens to be first on my list (not because he made me a sig either) but because it is awesome.. Here it goes..

1. Vikez
    2. Lotza
    3. PPE
    4. Mafia
    5. Josdin

I also want to say that everyone has their own opinios on what they like, and they all have different taste.. They all are awesome sig's and you should be proud... Good job everyone!!

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Id enter but me no siggy lol

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Man, this is a tough one....

1... MAFIA

2.... I'm going to call a tie...LOTZA & JOSDIN

3....Vikes4lyfe

4.....PPE

Now, seeing your all friends and outstanding members here, I hope I can be frank and let you know my thoughts....Maybe this can help you to all to do better on your next Sigs.....Even though, you all have done some great work now and in the past...

1) Mafia,,,,,,Yours just caught my eye, I like our National Bird the Bald Eagle Head.....Shows a great sign of strength and integrity....also the suttle red-white-and blue background blend..

2) Tie....Josdin and Lotza....

Lotza, I gave you a high ranking not only because I think your sig is deserving of one, but man, have you come a long way in your sig work......Your truly improving every time I see you make one..Congrates..

Josdin, what can I say, YOUR STILL THE KING....And this sig just goes to show the artist and designer in you.... I just think, if you used more patriotic type colors...red,white,and blue for your boarder designs (which are very original and nicely designed) you may have just won top honors again like you usually do...

3) Vikes4Lyfe, I didn't even think you had it in you...LOL....but you suprised me with this nice looking sig.....Only thing I would suggest is lose the actual impact fire......This I would think could upset some people.....I for myself even find it kind of hard to look at, because it does make us remember the very chilling fact of how awefull the attacks where and the useless cost of innocent lives that day bought to us.
    ...But overall, nice layout and color scheme....

4) PPE, I hope you have an open mind buddy, your one of my favorite posters here on PPO. But I like to be honest with friends...
    Way to much red and it's kind of dark....Hard to read your lettering....and like Vikes above, not really sure about the fire stuff in the towers...

Please don't take this the wrong way, I've seen you do some awesome work in the past, and be honest I was kind of suprised you came up with this....What happened bud? I know, you had a hot date and did this in a hurry....

Overall, I think we are lucky here at PPO to have such a talented group of guys who not only love to share their work with us, but most of if not all our sigs are blessed by these guys....

Hell, I even went further than that and have based my Companys Logo and Letters heads with Josdin00's work..

Thanks guys, you all make PPO really stand out, and it shows every time I log on here..

VikingNed

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Hey Lotza Im on a Mac so the Pm wont work can I ask you to make me a sig or one of you...my IM is on yahoo which is regimemaster you can IM me

Sorry to post here...but the Im wont work for me

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

Ltza
    Purple
    Josdin
    Vikez
    PPE

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingNed" wrote:
    Man, this is a tough one....

1... MAFIA

2.... I'm going to call a tie...LOTZA & JOSDIN

3....Vikes4lyfe

4.....PPE

Now, seeing your all friends and outstanding members here, I hope I can be frank and let you know my thoughts....Maybe this can help you to all to do better on your next Sigs.....Even though, you all have done some great work now and in the past...

1) Mafia,,,,,,Yours just caught my eye, I like our National Bird the Bald Eagle Head.....Shows a great sign of strength and integrity....also the suttle red-white-and blue background blend..

2) Tie....Josdin and Lotza....

Lotza, I gave you a high ranking not only because I think your sig is deserving of one, but man, have you come a long way in your sig work......Your truly improving every time I see you make one..Congrates..

Josdin, what can I say, YOUR STILL THE KING....And this sig just goes to show the artist and designer in you.... I just think, if you used more patriotic type colors...red,white,and blue for your boarder designs (which are very original and nicely designed) you may have just won top honors again like you usually do...

3) Vikes4Lyfe, I didn't even think you had it in you...LOL....but you suprised me with this nice looking sig.....Only thing I would suggest is lose the actual impact fire......This I would think could upset some people.....I for myself even find it kind of hard to look at, because it does make us remember the very chilling fact of how awefull the atack and cost of lives the day was...But overall, nice layout and color scheme....

4) PPE, I hope you have an open mind buddy, your one of my favorite posters here on PPO. But I like to be honest with friends...
    Way to much red and it's kind of dark....Hard to read your lettering....and like Vikes above, not really sure about the fire stuff in the towers...

Please don't take this the wrong way, I've seen you do some awesome work in the past, do be honest I was kind of suprised you came up with this....What happened bud? I know, you had a hot date and did this in a hurry....

Overall, I think we are lucky here at PPO to have such a talented group of guys who not only love to share their work with us, but most of if not all our sigs are blessed by these guys....

Hell, I even went further than that and have based my Companys Logo and Letters heads with Josdin00's work..

Thanks guys, you all make PPO really stand out, and it shows every time I log on here..

VikingNed

Ned, I disagree with you man.. I think that the fire in the pics makes us all realize what cowardly pieces of SH!T we are dealing with in Iraq and Afganistan.. They all are truly talented sig makers.. It is awesome that everyone can be honest with everone else, and nobody takes it to heart..

Everyone on this site is a great bunch of Guys and Girls that makes it so enjoying to be here.. Everyone has their own opinions on everything, that is what makes us Americans.....

Del Rio Guest

1: Mafia

I like it man. I like the way the wavy lines break the image up and to me it looks like a flag waving. Very clean design, to the point and appealing to look at good job.

2: Lotza

There needs to be something in there to set up some contrast IMO. The image is awesome, and I love the hazy smoke effect. I think if you pulled the fireman up through the top layer a bit by uping the contrast it would work better for me anyway. Damn nice sig though, the layout is great and it was hard for me to choose between you and Mafia. In my own opinion you could get that contrast to take it even higher and not lose the over all feel of the piece.

#3 Josdin

The tribal thing just isn't doing anything for me. The overall design is solid, very well balanced and it does draw my eye to the army logo as well as the soldier. I think the framing is more interesting then the subject matter and with a subject like this any art for that matter, that is a bad thing IMO. Color scheme is awesome, I know some called out for the red white and blue, but I like the colors.

4# Vikes4lyfe

Good work man. The images look a bit distorted to me. Not sure if you were going for that or not, but to me it doesn't get it done that way. The biggest thing I love about your design is the balance. I think your design has the best symetrical design there is. Art is obviously in the eye of the beholder, but I think balance in an image like you displayed is needed to drive home the point.

#5 PPE

I just think the color is off man. I can see the design behind the color and it is seriously one of the best. I just have to work too hard for it. I don't neccisarrily think the colors themselves are bad, I am not a fan of the tone. I think maybe even if you took one pallet and lightened it, it would make a huge difference. I do love the image in the bottom right. Maybe a bit overused, but there are few images that are more powerful in our history.

Don't take anything I said the wrong way. Being an art major and a graphic designer I have to critique peoples stuff all the time, I had my school work critiqued to death and every day at work my co-workers take turns picking apart my work.

You as the artist just take it with a grain of salt and an open mind. If someone says something you don't agree with you ignore it. You should always embrace the critisizm of others as ideas to help you get better. Then you take what you want from the comments and try to improve on your work. Or just forget it and move along.

The only time I would get defensive at a critique is when someone would say something like "It's sucks" "I don't like it" OK WHY DONT YOU LIKE IT?

Good work all!

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

"nephilimstorm" wrote:
    Hey Lotza Im on a Mac so the Pm wont work can I ask you to make me a sig or one of you...my IM is on yahoo which is regimemaster you can IM me

Sorry to post here...but the Im wont work for me
    get aim cuz my yahoo isn't working.

yeah i'd do it though.

Go vikes!!

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

As one of the designers in this contest, I just want to say that I love the in-depth critiques you guys have been posting. Thank you. It really helps us figure out how to improve, and I really appreciate it.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Vikez
    Josdin
    Purple Mafia
    Lotza
    PPE

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast