Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Re: Sig and Avitar makers, make money now....

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Also, it is one thing, to make sigs and give them away, but if you are selling them, you have to be worried about the copyright material.

Technically, using SOME of these images is probably against copyright even if you are giving them, but once you start putting money in the equation, then people start to care.

Just a thought, and something to check into before starting the venture.
    Good point. I like the idea, may be a good opportunity for some people and a little coinage for the site.

The copyrite issues will definitely come up if the sigs. are using other people's stuff. The folks here that make sigs are talented enough to come up with their own material though.

The last thing this site needs is for the copyrite nazis to come patrolling. Del Rio, 6, Ned & the other keepers of the purple will have their hands full if that comes into play. The rivers can only hold so many bodies.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Okay sig makers, I'll set up an email for me, that way we don't have to use up space here. Also we can talk about buisness there. Even though this is more for friends here and friends on other sites I visit....I'll post the email here later..

You can then email me if you want in or not....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:

Good point. I like the idea, may be a good opportunity for some people and a little coinage for the site.

The copyrite issues will definitely come up if the sigs. are using other people's stuff. The folks here that make sigs are talented enough to come up with their own material though.

The last thing this site needs is for the copyrite nazis to come patrolling. Del Rio, 6, Ned & the other keepers of the purple will have their hands full if that comes into play. The rivers can only hold so many bodies.
    I was thinking that GETTY images might be the one that would be upset.

The sig makers are original, but the items used in the sigs are the ?????.

Someone give some feed back.

mrviking28 is offline Starter

You have got to be kidding.

Snow, I just looked at Getty, they have some wonderfull pictures....Are you saying they can't be used?..

"VikingNed" wrote:
    Snow, I just looked at Getty, they have some wonderfull pictures....Are you saying they can't be used?..
    I am just saying that if you use photos and movie images in backgrounds, photos that others took, then sell them, you are better look into it. Like I said, nobody should care if you give them away or make them for your personal use, but if you start to sell stuff with other peoples work in it, then you better check out all the details. I am no expert on it, I just don't want anyone getting in trouble.

"mrviking28" wrote:
    You have got to be kidding.
    Your butt isn't on the line here, you are talking about something you don't understand. If you have a helpful comment please post away.

All I was saying is you better check it out before trying to profit on the venture. It is hard to believe that someone would care if Vikez would make a couple of hundred dollars, but people go crazy when it comes to copyrights.

If we are just talking this site, and having people purchase them and the money went to the site directly(lets say it was actually called a bandwidth charge, that is not a bad idea webby per sig $10/yr) that might be a different ball of wax. But, if you are going to get a domain name and sell sigs with images and NFL logos in them or other copyrighted items, then it is best to leave no stone unturned.

As a photographer, I know for a fact that people copy and paste my images. If they want a low res photo with a logo across it, so be it, they wouldn't have bought my photo anyway. But if they were taking my photo and using it to make money, I then would be upset.

I was just bringing it up as food for thought because it didn't sound like anyone had thought about it to that point. This is a help community here at PPO.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"VikingNed" wrote:
    I'm going to put a patent on the name....SIGSRUS.COM or how about SIGSDEPOT.COM :grin:

Can we lock this up legaly Cajun?
    So Ned wants to be a Pimp & pimp our sig making boys out for money? :lol:

You might want to ask Cajun if there are any legalities there! :evil4:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

I was thinking that GETTY images might be the one that would be upset.

The sig makers are original, but the items used in the sigs are the ?????.

Someone give some feed back.
    You won't be able to use anyones pics or materials that are copywrite protected.

There is also the matter of "Intellectual Property". Copywrites, trademarks, logos, patents etc. all fall under this category & can't be used as are pics taken from peoples ads.

Here is a link to a tutorial regarding intellectual property. It's catered to using pics in eBay items, but you'll get the idea about using pics in sigs.

I would advise all sig makers to take the opportunity to read it.

Intellectual Property Tutorial

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

What makes it different from us all using logos and stuff here?....Just curious....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast