Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: Sicko.

  1. #21
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,279

    Re: Sicko.

    Michael Moore is an extremist, estremists are very dangerous. He does address alot of issues that politicians avoid because they get most of there campaign money from special interest groups. There is alot of corruption in Washington and most of it is legal corruption. For this reason an extremist movie producer is not such a bad thing.

    I think, and have thought for quite a while, that a complete overhaul of the healthcare in America is neccessary. I think there should be universal health care for all Americans. I think this would have already happened if it wasn't for the Billions the healthcare industry has spent on trying to stop it. The problem with the system is that it is too expensive for those that need it the most.

  2. #22
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sicko.

    "baumy300" wrote:
    Someone should do an experiment.

    Gather 100 people who say they don't like Michael Moore.

    Show them all the same film, but don't let 50 of them know it was made by Moore.

    Then ask the two groups of people who seen the film to tell us what they think. The group who knew Moore made it would probably say what a fat-so he is, and the other 50 would probably have a different outlook.

    I'm completely willing to bet that is what would happen. I would be one of the 50 not knowing Moore made it to agree it was a good film.

    Remember, I am not a Moore fan. I just think he has a good point for once. So critique the film, not the producer.
    The film is only popular because it is a Michael Moore film.
    If it was the exact same content done by someone else it would not receive as much attention, so the experiment would be misleading.

    To be honest, I have not seen sicko (I would rather have my left testicle ripped off than have to sit through another one of his movies - It was like a two hour campaign commercial...).
    But I don't need to in order to know that our health care system needs serious work.
    There are better solutions out there.

    It angers me when people like Moore support an issue that I also support.
    IMHO it takes away fro the actual issue and alienates people who do not feel as strongly.
    Fahrenheit 911 only served to further divide the country among political lines, and damned any speculation about any government failings to the world of conspiracy theories and paranoia.
    Thanks to him, legitimate concerns about the pre 911 issues were either slow to materialize or completely forgotten about because nobody wanted to saddle their career to an extremist's horse. Moore did more damage than good.

    I fear he is going to do the same thing this time around with Health Care.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #23
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Sicko.

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Rant on.......

    I can't see the trailer either until I get home.
    Probably won't watch it there either unless I get really bored.
    :

    Just wondering though, does he offer any kind of solution other than tax the pooh out of guys that are in my tax bracket?

    The rich (he is one of them) keep getting richer and the poor just keep getting my money because of government sponsored welfare such as stuff like this for some scum bag who was to stupid to get an education, go out and find a job and give up the crack pipe and bottle of booze.
    > (Deep intake of breath.)

    Pretty soon the old Marrdro turnip won't give out anymore blood and I, along with the other working class are gonna get fed up with all this crap and go postal on bleeding heart liberals like him who support supporting everyone that doesn't want to work with my taxes.

    If my tax dollars are part of his plan then I want to see some affirmative action like anyone getting government aide is out there sweeping a street, clipping a bush or going to school instead of flooping around his hooch all day smoking the ganj.

    I am sorry if I offended anyone that is currently recieving government aide for improving yourself.
    You I gladly give my tax dollars......
    For the rest of the free loaders, and you know who you are, I revolt.

    Rant off.
    Good points, Marrdro...we need to tax the people in the highest tax bracket...since they are the ones who benefit the most from our capitalistic system...and lest anyone give me grief for having those views, I would GLADLY be taxed at the highest level in order to belong to that group....methinks that the rich doth protest TOO MUCH.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  4. #24
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,279

    Re: Sicko.

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Rant on.......

    I can't see the trailer either until I get home.
    Probably won't watch it there either unless I get really bored.
    :

    Just wondering though, does he offer any kind of solution other than tax the pooh out of guys that are in my tax bracket?

    The rich (he is one of them) keep getting richer and the poor just keep getting my money because of government sponsored welfare such as stuff like this for some scum bag who was to stupid to get an education, go out and find a job and give up the crack pipe and bottle of booze.
    > (Deep intake of breath.)

    Pretty soon the old Marrdro turnip won't give out anymore blood and I, along with the other working class are gonna get fed up with all this crap and go postal on bleeding heart liberals like him who support supporting everyone that doesn't want to work with my taxes.

    If my tax dollars are part of his plan then I want to see some affirmative action like anyone getting government aide is out there sweeping a street, clipping a bush or going to school instead of flooping around his hooch all day smoking the ganj.

    I am sorry if I offended anyone that is currently recieving government aide for improving yourself.
    You I gladly give my tax dollars......
    For the rest of the free loaders, and you know who you are, I revolt.

    Rant off.
    The rich people in this country pay far less percentage of income to taxes than the middle class. Capital gains (investment income) is taxed at a maximum of 15%. What that means is that a rich kid who inherits a million dollars can let it sit in the stock market where it will make 50-100 thousand dollars a year, the tax would be 7,500 to 15,000 a year.
    A single guy who makes 50-100 thousand dollars a year (working his ass off) would be taxed between 7,500 and 21,000 + 15.3% for social security and medicare. So the person that actually works instead of living off daddy's trust fund would pay between 15150 and 36,300. So daddy's little brat pays $20,000 less on a hundred thousand than the guy working his ass off. If we could just raise the taxes on the non-earned income we could greatly reduce the tax burden on the middle class.

    p.s. Sorry if this doesn't make sense but I tried my best to explain it.

  5. #25
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: Sicko.

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    I'll bet ya right now that Michael Moore gets his health care in this country with traditional doctors that he is slamming in this film.
    He's not slamming doctors...He's talking about health care policies and the insurance companies that are bending us over and f*cking us.

    Just watch it.

    EDIT: Watch the part about insurance "hit men."
    Your money or your life?
    Who wins when you truthfully answer that question?
    How is the average American supposed to pay for medical operations that cost them $200,000 ?

    They would end up like the first people shown in the video. If you didn't watch, let me sum it up. Two people with pretty good jobs (middle to upper middle class) both became sick. One had a few heart attacks, and the other developed cancer. They tried to pay for their treatment, but ended up losing their house and having to move in with their kids...

    In my opinion, they would have been better off killing somebody and going to jail. At least in jail you would get free health care.
    The answer is "the health care machine"...and they say LAWYERS are crooks...at least all we do is say, "if you don't pay me, I will make you broke"...the doctors go one step further, "if you don't pay me, you will die"
    We only apply that to lawyers! ;D
    ďWhat takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Itís the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  6. #26
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,279

    Re: Sicko.

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Oh Gawd...
    Not another Michael Moore film.
    His films are completely biased and filled with innacuracys.
    Mr. Moore is the biggest D-bag to ever set foot in film school.
    Watch the first 10 minutes. After that, could you explain to me how Michael Moore is being biased or inaccurate?
    I'm just saying, those are real people with real stories. Nothing Moore is manipulating.

    Oh, I'm not a huge Moore fan either. I just really feel bad for these people.
    Well for one thing, he only shows people that are having hardships.
    He doesn't interview any of the majority of the US population whos healthcare is just fine.
    He doesn't discuss any of the positives relating to healthcare.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's flawless..far from.
    So the government spends less on health care, well guess what...we have a stronger military, lower taxes, decent hwy infrastructure, etc, etc,.
    You take some and you give some, thats just a reality of life.
    We can't have everything all peaches and cream....Speaking of which I'm sure Mr. Moore could go for a few 5 gallon pales of cream right about now.


    Then he'll start having heart problems and go visit one of the heathcare systems he bashes in his film.
    The guy is a fat jiggly butt no good piece of pooh who makes millions of of suckers who buy into his garbage.

    If Michael Moore thinks the US such a horrible place to live, I dont' understand why he doesn't just pack it up and leave.
    Maybe he can find better healthcare in Mexico.
    In Mexico he wouldn't have to worry about our corrupt evil president who eats babies for breakfast either.


    Plus I wouldn't have to see this disgusting pig plastered on billboards and advertisements for the next six months.

    Michael F-ing Moore...
    So instead of having a guy like Michael Moore to AT THE VERY LEAST show us a few of the problems in our government, we should turn a blind eye and think with complete blind patriotism.

    This is the whole thing I don't understand with people these days. They say "hey, you don't support this or that that our administration supports, you're unpatriotic. Go move to somewhere else". The whole point of questioning it comes from the fact that we care about this country and we want to make it the best place possible. It's blind patriotism to look the other way when our administration has huge holes in its system. Michael Moore doesn't hate the US. He cares about it more than the guy who's sitting on his jiggly butt and supporting everything the president says for the simple fact that the president said it.
    And that is exactly what Moore is doing.
    He is great at biatching and moaning about topics, I'll give him that.
    1. But he doesn't provide any type of solution!
    What good does whining abou tit oging to do?
    We all know our health care sucks compared to a few other countries, and that people get screwed.


    2. Every movie Michael Moore makes is directed at hatred toward US policies.
    3. What positive things have you heard Michael Moore say about the country he lives in that allows him to make his fortune while bashing people.


    4. What good things does Michael Moore do with his wealth to help others?
    1. This is Michael Moores solution to the healthcare problem. Like it or not you can't say that he doesn't offer a solution.
    1. Every American must have full uninterrupted health care coverage for life.
    2.Private, for profit, health insurance companies must be abolished.
    3. Profits of pharmeseutical companies must be strictly regulated like public utility.
    This was the exact list on his website.

    2. It would be pretty boring ass movie if he did a movie where he agreed completely with the policy in place. Most people have issues with the way the government is run. Some are angry about immigration, some are angry about taxes, some are angry about gun control. Michael Moore is angry with gun control (bowling for columbine), Foreign Policy (farenheit 9/11), and health care (Sicko).

    3. Again, movies are not interesting if you agree with what is happening. I would think that he reconizes that he lives in a country where he is free to express his opinions along with any facts he chooses.

    4. Michael Moore is a film maker. His films influence people and often give them another perspective which you invaluable to society. The question you should be asking is "What have I done to help others". Here is a link to a list of charities that he supports, maybe you could send a check or 2.
    http://www.fahrenheit911.com/soldiers/

  7. #27
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Sicko.

    The rich people in this country pay far less percentage of income to taxes than the middle class.
    The FACT is that 84.6% of ALL TAXES are paid by the top 25% of income earners.
    Doubt it? You can prove it for yourself if you check it out and don't just always believe what you hear.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  8. #28
    baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,065

    Re: Sicko.

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    The rich people in this country pay far less percentage of income to taxes than the middle class.
    The FACT is that 84.6% of ALL TAXES are paid by the top 25% of income earners.
    Doubt it? You can prove it for yourself if you check it out and don't just always believe what you hear.
    http://www.snopes.com/business/taxes/howtaxes.asp

    This kind of backs up your argument Cojomay.

  9. #29
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,279

    Re: Sicko.

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    The rich people in this country pay far less percentage of income to taxes than the middle class.
    The FACT is that 84.6% of ALL TAXES are paid by the top 25% of income earners.
    Doubt it? You can prove it for yourself if you check it out and don't just always believe what you hear.
    I don't doubt. but I bet that the top 25% have more than 84.6% of the money too. If say Bill Gates makes $10,000,000,000 a year, 15% of that is $1,500,000,000. It would take 43,000 people making $100,000 a year and paying 35% to equal the same amount of tax. I would actually be suprised though if Bill Gates paid 15% of his annual income to taxes, there are enough loopholes that he probably pays far less.
    Please give me a link because there are all different kinds of taxes, income taxes are just one, there is also: property taxes, sales taxes, employment taxes, inheritance taxes, gift taxes, foreign taxes, and probably others I can't think of. I am guessing that number only includes income taxes.

  10. #30
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,279

    Re: Sicko.

    "baumy300" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    The rich people in this country pay far less percentage of income to taxes than the middle class.
    The FACT is that 84.6% of ALL TAXES are paid by the top 25% of income earners.
    Doubt it? You can prove it for yourself if you check it out and don't just always believe what you hear.
    http://www.snopes.com/business/taxes/howtaxes.asp

    This kind of backs up your argument Cojomay.
    I get the point, but if you look at the numbers as % instead of just whole dollars you see that the rich pay a lesser percentage of there income too taxes.

    Capital gains taxes are capped at 15%. That is the rate that all rich people pay. Some may choose to pay a higher rate on some of the income (less than $100,000) so that they can get the maximum social security once they reach retirement age.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sicko "Marriage Contract" One For The Ages
    By ultravikingfan in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 02-25-2006, 03:43 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •