Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39

Thread: Sicko.

  1. #11
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Sicko.

    "baumy300" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Well for one thing, he only shows people that are having hardships.
    He doesn't interview any of the majority of the US population whos healthcare is just fine.
    That's because the majority of people with health care are not needing to use it right now.

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    So the government spends less on health care, well guess what...we have a stronger military, lower taxes, decent hwy infrastructure, etc, etc,.
    It's not really the gov's fault here. It's private companies who are sticking it to people. Watch the part about insurance "hit men" and the doctors who are told they will receive bonuses if they deny more people care than the other doctors. F*cked up right?

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Speaking of which I'm sure Mr. Moore could go for a few 5 gallon pales of cream right about now.
    Making fun of his weight is just a cheap shot...

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Then he'll start having heart problems and go visit one of the heathcare systems he bashes in his film.
    The guy is a fat jiggly butt no good piece of pooh who makes millions of of suckers who buy into his garbage.
    I would only assume he will get his health care in the country he lives in. However, Moore does have the luxury to pretty much pay off his bills in cash. All he's trying to do is help us become more aware of how this industry operates and try and find a way to fix it. He's not harming anybody.

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    If Michael Moore thinks the US such a horrible place to live, I dont' understand why he doesn't just pack it up and leave.
    I don't remember him really bashing the U.S. Although both him, and the rest of us know we could do a little more to help people in our own country than everyone else in the f*cking world.

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Michael F-ing Moore...
    Like I said, I am not a big fan of his either. However, I do respect this film. He's only trying to help. I can't say whether he's wrong or not, but America needs people like Michael Moore. People like him make America America. He doesn't just lay down and not question anything our government does. He offers a second voice. Whether it's wrong or right, it's still nice to have sometimes.
    And that's what it's all about!
    ;D

    Of course, Dick Cheney and his cronies would have the average American just bend over a barrel and take it up the butt!
    Greedy bastards!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  2. #12
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Sicko.

    "baumy300" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Well for one thing, he only shows people that are having hardships.
    He doesn't interview any of the majority of the US population whos healthcare is just fine.
    That's because the majority of people with health care are not needing to use it right now.

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    So the government spends less on health care, well guess what...we have a stronger military, lower taxes, decent hwy infrastructure, etc, etc,.
    It's not really the gov's fault here. It's private companies who are sticking it to people. Watch the part about insurance "hit men" and the doctors who are told they will receive bonuses if they deny more people care than the other doctors. F*cked up right?

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Speaking of which I'm sure Mr. Moore could go for a few 5 gallon pales of cream right about now.
    Making fun of his weight is just a cheap shot...

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Then he'll start having heart problems and go visit one of the heathcare systems he bashes in his film.
    The guy is a fat jiggly butt no good piece of pooh who makes millions of of suckers who buy into his garbage.
    I would only assume he will get his health care in the country he lives in. However, Moore does have the luxury to pretty much pay off his bills in cash. All he's trying to do is help us become more aware of how this industry operates and try and find a way to fix it. He's not harming anybody.

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    If Michael Moore thinks the US such a horrible place to live, I dont' understand why he doesn't just pack it up and leave.
    I don't remember him really bashing the U.S. Although both him, and the rest of us know we could do a little more to help people in our own country than everyone else in the f*cking world.

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Michael F-ing Moore...
    Like I said, I am not a big fan of his either. However, I do respect this film. He's only trying to help. I can't say whether he's wrong or not, but America needs people like Michael Moore. People like him make America America. He doesn't just lay down and not question anything our government does. He offers a second voice. Whether it's wrong or right, it's still nice to have sometimes.
    I obviously haven't seen the film or even watched the trailer (I'm at work now) so therefore I probably shouldn't even be commenting.

    All of my thoughts on Moore have been gathered from seeing various past films of his.
    This healthcare film very well could be legit, it's just hard for me to believe after seeing his past films and the way he minipulates opinions into fact and warps the solid facts he has into making things seem much worse and out of control than they really are.

    I do think there are some major issues with our healthcare system and the insurance companies are completely out of wack, so there probably is much merit to this film.


    With that said, I refuse to pay to see this movie.
    I will not give Michael Moore one penny of my money.



    On another note...

    Do you think that since Michael Moore felt bad enough to make a documentary about the lives of these people, that he offered to give them the profits from this film?
    Hell even a fraction of the profits so that they could rebuild there lives?
    After all THEY are the reasons that HE is going to add millions to his already large fortune.

  3. #13
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: Sicko.

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Oh Gawd...
    Not another Michael Moore film.
    His films are completely biased and filled with innacuracys.
    Mr. Moore is the biggest D-bag to ever set foot in film school.
    Watch the first 10 minutes. After that, could you explain to me how Michael Moore is being biased or inaccurate?
    I'm just saying, those are real people with real stories. Nothing Moore is manipulating.

    Oh, I'm not a huge Moore fan either. I just really feel bad for these people.
    Well for one thing, he only shows people that are having hardships.
    He doesn't interview any of the majority of the US population whos healthcare is just fine.
    He doesn't discuss any of the positives relating to healthcare.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's flawless..far from.
    So the government spends less on health care, well guess what...we have a stronger military, lower taxes, decent hwy infrastructure, etc, etc,.
    You take some and you give some, thats just a reality of life.
    We can't have everything all peaches and cream....Speaking of which I'm sure Mr. Moore could go for a few 5 gallon pales of cream right about now.


    Then he'll start having heart problems and go visit one of the heathcare systems he bashes in his film.
    The guy is a fat ass no good piece of shit who makes millions of of suckers who buy into his garbage.

    If Michael Moore thinks the US such a horrible place to live, I dont' understand why he doesn't just pack it up and leave.
    Maybe he can find better healthcare in Mexico.
    In Mexico he wouldn't have to worry about our corrupt evil president who eats babies for breakfast either.


    Plus I wouldn't have to see this disgusting pig plastered on billboards and advertisements for the next six months.

    Michael F-ing Moore...
    So instead of having a guy like Michael Moore to AT THE VERY LEAST show us a few of the problems in our government, we should turn a blind eye and think with complete blind patriotism.

    This is the whole thing I don't understand with people these days. They say "hey, you don't support this or that that our administration supports, you're unpatriotic. Go move to somewhere else". The whole point of questioning it comes from the fact that we care about this country and we want to make it the best place possible. It's blind patriotism to look the other way when our administration has huge holes in its system. Michael Moore doesn't hate the US. He cares about it more than the guy who's sitting on his ass and supporting everything the president says for the simple fact that the president said it.

  4. #14
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Sicko.

    Rant on.......

    I can't see the trailer either until I get home.
    Probably won't watch it there either unless I get really bored.
    :

    Just wondering though, does he offer any kind of solution other than tax the pooh out of guys that are in my tax bracket?

    The rich (he is one of them) keep getting richer and the poor just keep getting my money because of government sponsored welfare such as stuff like this for some scum bag who was to stupid to get an education, go out and find a job and give up the crack pipe and bottle of booze.
    > (Deep intake of breath.)

    Pretty soon the old Marrdro turnip won't give out anymore blood and I, along with the other working class are gonna get fed up with all this crap and go postal on bleeding heart liberals like him who support supporting everyone that doesn't want to work with my taxes.

    If my tax dollars are part of his plan then I want to see some affirmative action like anyone getting government aide is out there sweeping a street, clipping a bush or going to school instead of flooping around his hooch all day smoking the ganj.

    I am sorry if I offended anyone that is currently recieving government aide for improving yourself.
    You I gladly give my tax dollars......
    For the rest of the free loaders, and you know who you are, I revolt.

    Rant off.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #15
    The Dropper's Avatar
    The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Portland, Ore.
    Posts
    2,101

    Re: Sicko.

    My biggest problem with Michael Moore has always been his manipulative tactics, not his message. That said, it's hard to deny that those self-same tactics have made him famous and have gotten his messages out to a large audience.


    The healthcare system in this nation is a nightmare. According to the World Health Organization, in 2004 the US used 15.4% of its GDP, or $6096 per person on health care expenses. And we have 45.8 million people who are uninsured.

    Compare that to several nations whose entire populations are insured (all 2004 figures):

    Canada: 9.8% GDP; $3173 per capita expenses

    United Kingdom: 8.1% GDP; $2560 per capita expenses

    Australia: 9.6% GDP; $3123 per capita expenses

    Now does anyone here seriously think that the US's health care system is that much better than Canada's, Great Britain's, or Australia's? Not only do all of these nations provide, at the very least, minimum coverage for each and every one of its citizens, but they end up paying less per person for it.

    Now certainly, there are those who pay more. And each system is different. Britain, for example, has completely socialized medicine, where the state owns everything, and rather than provide health insurance, they simply provide care. In contrast, Australia has a two-tiered system in which everyone gets basic coverage, but those who want better coverage are able to pay for it.

    Either way, it is an abomination that so many people are uninsured in this nation. And it is very nearly as bad that even people who are insured may end up having to file for bankruptcy and lose most of what they've spent their lives working for. There are many solutions to this problem, and many really good ideas have been tossed about. The only thing now is to get people angry enough about it so that action is taken.

    If Michael Moore's movie (or anyone else's projects for that matter) can do this, I don't care what tactics he uses.

  6. #16
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sicko.

    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Oh Gawd...
    Not another Michael Moore film.
    His films are completely biased and filled with innacuracys.
    Mr. Moore is the biggest D-bag to ever set foot in film school.
    Watch the first 10 minutes. After that, could you explain to me how Michael Moore is being biased or inaccurate?
    I'm just saying, those are real people with real stories. Nothing Moore is manipulating.

    Oh, I'm not a huge Moore fan either. I just really feel bad for these people.
    Well for one thing, he only shows people that are having hardships.
    He doesn't interview any of the majority of the US population whos healthcare is just fine.
    He doesn't discuss any of the positives relating to healthcare.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's flawless..far from.
    So the government spends less on health care, well guess what...we have a stronger military, lower taxes, decent hwy infrastructure, etc, etc,.
    You take some and you give some, thats just a reality of life.
    We can't have everything all peaches and cream....Speaking of which I'm sure Mr. Moore could go for a few 5 gallon pales of cream right about now.


    Then he'll start having heart problems and go visit one of the heathcare systems he bashes in his film.
    The guy is a fat jiggly butt no good piece of pooh who makes millions of of suckers who buy into his garbage.

    If Michael Moore thinks the US such a horrible place to live, I dont' understand why he doesn't just pack it up and leave.
    Maybe he can find better healthcare in Mexico.
    In Mexico he wouldn't have to worry about our corrupt evil president who eats babies for breakfast either.


    Plus I wouldn't have to see this disgusting pig plastered on billboards and advertisements for the next six months.

    Michael F-ing Moore...
    So instead of having a guy like Michael Moore to AT THE VERY LEAST show us a few of the problems in our government, we should turn a blind eye and think with complete blind patriotism.

    This is the whole thing I don't understand with people these days. They say "hey, you don't support this or that that our administration supports, you're unpatriotic. Go move to somewhere else". The whole point of questioning it comes from the fact that we care about this country and we want to make it the best place possible. It's blind patriotism to look the other way when our administration has huge holes in its system. Michael Moore doesn't hate the US. He cares about it more than the guy who's sitting on his jiggly butt and supporting everything the president says for the simple fact that the president said it.
    Don't try to paint some altruistic picture of Michael Moore.
    You know as well as I do that his movies are as much politically motivated as they are motivated by any other reason.

    The problem with Michael Moore is that he is an extremist.
    He is pushing his interpretation of the truth, and his interpretation only.
    It is barely a step above political propaganda.
    And it is ineffective at best in the political world.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #17
    MetalMike-LoudVike's Avatar
    MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,291

    Re: Sicko.

    I happend to enjoy Micheal Moore's films and have read a few of his books. at times he seems like he knows it all at other times throws out shocking facts one may not think about. just another goon's opinion on Michael Moore. I look forward to reading more on this thread.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

  8. #18
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Sicko.

    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Oh Gawd...
    Not another Michael Moore film.
    His films are completely biased and filled with innacuracys.
    Mr. Moore is the biggest D-bag to ever set foot in film school.
    Watch the first 10 minutes. After that, could you explain to me how Michael Moore is being biased or inaccurate?
    I'm just saying, those are real people with real stories. Nothing Moore is manipulating.

    Oh, I'm not a huge Moore fan either. I just really feel bad for these people.
    Well for one thing, he only shows people that are having hardships.
    He doesn't interview any of the majority of the US population whos healthcare is just fine.
    He doesn't discuss any of the positives relating to healthcare.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's flawless..far from.
    So the government spends less on health care, well guess what...we have a stronger military, lower taxes, decent hwy infrastructure, etc, etc,.
    You take some and you give some, thats just a reality of life.
    We can't have everything all peaches and cream....Speaking of which I'm sure Mr. Moore could go for a few 5 gallon pales of cream right about now.


    Then he'll start having heart problems and go visit one of the heathcare systems he bashes in his film.
    The guy is a fat jiggly butt no good piece of pooh who makes millions of of suckers who buy into his garbage.

    If Michael Moore thinks the US such a horrible place to live, I dont' understand why he doesn't just pack it up and leave.
    Maybe he can find better healthcare in Mexico.
    In Mexico he wouldn't have to worry about our corrupt evil president who eats babies for breakfast either.


    Plus I wouldn't have to see this disgusting pig plastered on billboards and advertisements for the next six months.

    Michael F-ing Moore...
    So instead of having a guy like Michael Moore to AT THE VERY LEAST show us a few of the problems in our government, we should turn a blind eye and think with complete blind patriotism.

    This is the whole thing I don't understand with people these days. They say "hey, you don't support this or that that our administration supports, you're unpatriotic. Go move to somewhere else". The whole point of questioning it comes from the fact that we care about this country and we want to make it the best place possible. It's blind patriotism to look the other way when our administration has huge holes in its system. Michael Moore doesn't hate the US. He cares about it more than the guy who's sitting on his jiggly butt and supporting everything the president says for the simple fact that the president said it.
    And that is exactly what Moore is doing.
    He is great at biatching and moaning about topics, I'll give him that.
    But he doesn't provide any type of solution!
    What good does whining abou tit oging to do?
    We all know our health care sucks compared to a few other countries, and that people get screwed.


    Every movie Michael Moore makes is directed at hatred toward US policies.
    What positive things have you heard Michael Moore say about the country he lives in that allows him to make his fortune while bashing people.


    What good things does Michael Moore do with his wealth to help others?

  9. #19
    baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,065

    Re: Sicko.

    Someone should do an experiment.

    Gather 100 people who say they don't like Michael Moore.

    Show them all the same film, but don't let 50 of them know it was made by Moore.

    Then ask the two groups of people who seen the film to tell us what they think. The group who knew Moore made it would probably say what a fat-so he is, and the other 50 would probably have a different outlook.

    I'm completely willing to bet that is what would happen. I would be one of the 50 not knowing Moore made it to agree it was a good film.

    Remember, I am not a Moore fan. I just think he has a good point for once. So critique the film, not the producer.

  10. #20
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Sicko.

    "NodakPaul" wrote:


    Don't try to paint some altruistic picture of Michael Moore.
    You know as well as I do that his movies are as much politically motivated as they are motivated by any other reason.

    The problem with Michael Moore is that he is an extremist.
    He is pushing his interpretation of the truth, and his interpretation only.
    It is barely a step above political propaganda.
    And it is ineffective at best in the political world.
    WOW.... that is exactly what I have been trying to say, sumarized into two nice little paragraphs.
    Well put.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sicko "Marriage Contract" One For The Ages
    By ultravikingfan in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 02-25-2006, 03:43 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •