Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

SI Football Preview 2005

I know there was a thread on our fox sports ranking of #11. If there was one on this also, then I apologize for starting this one.

I just picked up a copy on the Sports Illustrated 2005 NFL Preview and was quite shocked when I flipped to our division and saw they had us projected to finish 3rd behind Green Bay and Detroit. They also had Pittsburgh winning the superbowl. If Pittsburgh wins the superbowl and both Detroit and Green Bay have better records than us this year, I will mow any one of your lawns in a dress (I just ask that you pay transportation costs).

I am somewhat furious. I know it's just a magazine, and just their ranking and opinions, but did they stop following football or something. At least you could argue the #11 ranking and sound somewhat sane, all things considered.

Unless something dramatic happens to us, this is absurd.

It seems as if all those media members that were thought to be Moss-haters are actually Vikings haters. They call him a cancer to our team, then we get rid of him and it's "They can't win without Moss".

I have heard some positive reviews for the Vikings however, and believe we are the favorites to win the division, but I was completely shocked to read SI's prediction.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: SI Football Preview 2005

"JDogg926" wrote:
    I know there was a thread on our fox sports ranking of #11. If there was one on this also, then I apologize for starting this one.

I just picked up a copy on the Sports Illustrated 2005 NFL Preview and was quite shocked when I flipped to our division and saw they had us projected to finish 3rd behind Green Bay and Detroit. They also had Pittsburgh winning the superbowl. If Pittsburgh wins the superbowl and both Detroit and Green Bay have better records than us this year, I will mow any one of your lawns in a dress (I just ask that you pay transportation costs).

I am somewhat furious. I know it's just a magazine, and just their ranking and opinions, but did they stop following football or something. At least you could argue the #11 ranking and sound somewhat sane, all things considered.

Unless something dramatic happens to us, this is absurd.

It seems as if all those media members that were thought to be Moss-haters are actually Vikings haters. They call him a cancer to our team, then we get rid of him and it's "They can't win without Moss".

I have heard some positive reviews for the Vikings however, and believe we are the favorites to win the division, but I was completely shocked to read SI's prediction.

Dude that bogus.. Im kinda happy we are under the radar though.. I like it better that way and like to surprise people and make then eat crow.. Although I didn't think SI Would be that stupid and predict us to be that low.. Sports is what they do for a job.. Can't they see the pack got worse and we got better? It's pretty simple..

Well count me in too for the mowing the lawn in a dress!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

wow...That really pis$es me off. Its insane. im at a loss for words...

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Del Rio Guest

Green Bay is the North champs, they earned it every time. So without seeing us play this year I guess SI is just playing it safe.

Detroit is " THE Shiek Pick" just like the Cards. A team everyone thinks could be improved and if they are right and they do well they look like gods for taking such a risk picking them, if they lose then what the hell it's just the Lions.

I also think when you get a mag like that it is hard to get a good feel for the teams. There are a lot of teams and a lot of moves and improvements that a broad forecast like that will not account for. In other words the people writing those things are talking out of their assess. They know just enough to sound intelligent to the casual fan.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Detroit is " THE Shiek Pick" just like the Cards.
    No entry found for shiek

2 entries found for sheik.

sheik also sheikh
    n.
    Islam.
    A religious official.
    A leader of an Arab family or village.
    Used as a form of address for such an official or leader.
    sheik Slang. A romantically alluring man.

3 entries found for chic.
    chic
    adj. chic·er, chic·est
    Conforming to the current fashion; stylish: chic clothes; a chic boutique.
    Adopting or setting current fashions and styles; sophisticated: chic, well-dressed young executives. See Synonyms at fashionable.

What type of pick are they?

The Iron Shiek, one of Hulk Hogan's wrestling enemies in the mid 80's.

SJHILL is offline Starter

I'm sick of arguing about the Vikings and the NFC North, so they Steeler/Super Bowl pick is terrible. They'll win 10-11 games and be eliminated in the AFC Divisional Playoffs.

"SJHILL" wrote:
    I'm sick of arguing about the Vikings and the NFC North, so they Steeler/Super Bowl pick is terrible. They'll win 10-11 games and be eliminated in the AFC Divisional Playoffs.
    The Steelers will go 6-10 or 7-9 and finish third in their division. Baltimore, with Jamal Lewis back, is going to run away with the division. Cincinatti is going to challenge them more than Pittsburgh will, and Cleveland, though will probably only win 5 themselves, will take one from Pittsburgh.

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

here's another prediction that could easily be in that preview:

Tampa Bay will have the best record in their division and the Raiders will make it to AFC Championship game.

Del Rio Guest

"josdin00" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    Detroit is " THE Shiek Pick" just like the Cards.
    No entry found for shiek

2 entries found for sheik.

sheik also sheikh
    n.
    Islam.
    A religious official.
    A leader of an Arab family or village.
    Used as a form of address for such an official or leader.
    sheik Slang. A romantically alluring man.

3 entries found for chic.
    chic
    adj. chic·er, chic·est
    Conforming to the current fashion; stylish: chic clothes; a chic boutique.
    Adopting or setting current fashions and styles; sophisticated: chic, well-dressed young executives. See Synonyms at fashionable.

What type of pick are they?
    LMAO!

Conforming to the current fashion; stylish.

Yeah I fooked that one up gooder then most.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast