Shoveling, Plows, and the Mailman

First off, my mailman is an old cranky racist. In the winter, if there's any snow left on the sidewalk, he doesn't hesitate to complain. Last year, due to a broken sidewalk the city is responsible for, my entire block's melted snow ended up right in front of my house and he complained to the city and I had 24 hours to remove all the ice or face a $230/hour removal fee. After 4 hours of work, I got all the ice up. 3 days later, all the snow and ice had melted ANYWAYS.

This winter, I shovel my walk, then the plow comes through and dumps hundreds of pounds of chunky, filthy snow back onto my sidewalk. Our last snow was only two inches, and after removing the snow, the city decided to use our tax money to call an unnecessary snow emergency. The next day, the temps were sub zero and all that snow froze solid on my sidewalk. I broke two expensive shovels trying to get it up and said screw it. It's all packed down into a walkway anyways.
    So I check on a package that was being shipped to me and the USPS website said that the postman "attempted to deliver but left a notice." Guess what? My wife was home sick all day. He didn't even bother to stop by. Last week, I tried to send out time-sensitive materials, and the postman didn't show up for 4 days! I had to send it first class from the post office.

1. Your sidewalk? Your snow. I'm sick of shoveling once and then having to shovel what the insane plow driver driving 40mph scatters onto my walk and my lawn. Have some Ramsey county DWI idiots shovel sidewalks.
    2. Rain, sleet or snow? My mailman can't be bothered with any of it because he has so much seniority.
    3. Oh, you wanted this Netflix disc? I'm convinced he steals my netflix. Nobody I've talked to has had so many discs that are sent back go "missing" as much as I have.

Do I have to buy a snowblower just to get the occasional junk mail and netflix and have my mail sent out? Or should I get a PO box and sick my dogs on this lazy bastard?

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Shoveling, Plows, and the Mailman

Quote Originally Posted by "DeathtoDenny" #1088466
    First off, my mailman is an old cranky racist. In the winter, if there's any snow left on the sidewalk, he doesn't hesitate to complain. Last year, due to a broken sidewalk the city is responsible for, my entire block's melted snow ended up right in front of my house and he complained to the city and I had 24 hours to remove all the ice or face a $230/hour removal fee. After 4 hours of work, I got all the ice up. 3 days later, all the snow and ice had melted ANYWAYS.

This winter, I shovel my walk, then the plow comes through and dumps hundreds of pounds of chunky, filthy snow back onto my sidewalk. Our last snow was only two inches, and after removing the snow, the city decided to use our tax money to call an unnecessary snow emergency. The next day, the temps were sub zero and all that snow froze solid on my sidewalk. I broke two expensive shovels trying to get it up and said screw it. It's all packed down into a walkway anyways.
    So I check on a package that was being shipped to me and the USPS website said that the postman "attempted to deliver but left a notice." Guess what? My wife was home sick all day. He didn't even bother to stop by. Last week, I tried to send out time-sensitive materials, and the postman didn't show up for 4 days! I had to send it first class from the post office.

1. Your sidewalk? Your snow. I'm sick of shoveling once and then having to shovel what the insane plow driver driving 40mph scatters onto my walk and my lawn. Have some Ramsey county DWI idiots shovel sidewalks.
    2. Rain, sleet or snow? My mailman can't be bothered with any of it because he has so much seniority.
    3. Oh, you wanted this Netflix disc? I'm convinced he steals my netflix. Nobody I've talked to has had so many discs that are sent back go "missing" as much as I have.

Do I have to buy a snowblower just to get the occasional junk mail and netflix and have my mail sent out? Or should I get a PO box and sick my dogs on this lazy bastard?
    I hate that city living. Govt. always messin' with you in one way or another. Gotta mow your grass. You better move that car. Keep your side walk clear or you won't get mail. Your stereo is too loud. You can't have this many people in your house at one time. You can't shoot the neighbors dog.
    Live out in the country like I do. I don't even have a sidewalk.
    I don't mess with my mailman though. He carries a gun. Seriously, My mail is messed up sometimes too. I don't complain too much.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer