Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Should he or Shouldn't he

No exceptions, this is a non issue.

It doesn't matter how patriotic you or I are, it is a matter of policy.
    The NFL has done a ton for Tillman, I for one am sick of this propaganda.
    It actually means more to me to see one guy pay tribute to him for personal reasons than it does to have the NFL do it for political reasons but Plummer is not allowed to wear the tribute on his apparrel. He can wear a T-shirt like the Panthers did under their jerseys to honor a player. Now that was cool.

The popular opinion is "oh i don't want to be unpatriotic so I beter say not say no he can't wear it." I am glad that the NFL has stood up to him. There are otherways to show support and they found an alternative for Plummer to do teh advert after memorial day.

Maybe the league should have made them have the 40 on all the helmets for the rest of the year. But that takes away from the thunder of the AZ Cards.

If you go to work and can't bring in personal photos of your family, that is a company policy, you follow it or you get fired. In this league, they don't fire, they fine the crap out of you. His choice. He should be glad that they let him wear it one week. The fact is the league will think twice about doing the whole league participation like that again because of the Plummer situation. It was already set into stone before he put the sticker on is helmet that it was only for one week.

Maybe he should go back to AZ Cards and play for them if he want to wear it so bad. He can live in the bed he made.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

I gotta agree...I didn't vote.

Uniforms are called that because they are "uniform".

I agree things should be done to honor Tillman.

But, as soon as you allow one person to honor one guy, then someone else gets to wear something for their brother, then their wife, then their girlfriend, then you may as well start letting them advertise McDonald's.

I don't want NFL jerseys to start looking like NFL Europe's or NASCAR drivers.

Also, I'm not sure how much Pat Tillman would WANT people to be going overboard honoring him. I think there's been a lot of tasteful tributes made about him since he was killed. This may be just the way to say "let's honor him by not letting the media overkill it".

He was an honorable man who made an honorable choice. Let's not make him a lightning rod or a martyr.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    I gotta agree...I didn't vote.

Uniforms are called that because they are "uniform".

I agree things should be done to honor Tillman.

But, as soon as you allow one person to honor one guy, then someone else gets to wear something for their brother, then their wife, then their girlfriend, then you may as well start letting them advertise McDonald's.

I don't want NFL jerseys to start looking like NFL Europe's or NASCAR drivers.

Also, I'm not sure how much Pat Tillman would WANT people to be going overboard honoring him. I think there's been a lot of tasteful tributes made about him since he was killed. This may be just the way to say "let's honor him by not letting the media overkill it".

He was an honorable man who made an honorable choice. Let's not make him a lightning rod or a martyr.
    Well put, Los...even though, I personally am not bothered by the decal (probably only because the uniqueness of the situation). But you are correct, uniform means "uniform"...maybe we could apply that to touchdown celebrations as well...hmmm!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12