Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Should Congress get involved in policing pro sports?

no offense to those who dont want it, but what are we going to do when we learn not just baseball is a bunch of roid heads? you cant deny that they are plenty of roid heads in the NFL, and why should they be allowed to get away with it??? they shouldnt therefore all sports need a higher more powerful form of regulation/penalty whether congress just puts them in place or they handle it all from detection through re-instatement something needs to be done similar to the olympic penalty. I thought McGwire was the man back in the day only using Andro, now no one can doubt he wasnt juicing form his testimony. I would just like to see a much harsher penalty and I think that it is going to take an outsider not tagliabue or selig they have too many inside connections to owners and players. And if they start suspending people for weeks/months they lose out on their sports respect. Thats my thought I just think this is getting a little out of control with people juicing.
    [img:81319149fb]http://img104.exs.cx/img104/1055/wiultmossfan4ax.gif[/img:81319149fb]

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    No, shouldn't they be worring about more important things like why the he!! I will have to pay over $2.50 a gallon for gas
    Feel priviledged to buy gas for that. In Europe when I was there about 6 yrs ago, it was a couple dollars for a liter. How many liters in a gallon, I think it is around 4. That roughly 7-8 dollars a gallon.

Someone in Europe please correct me if I am wrong. Or you Canadians that are familiar with that metric system.

It would be different if some of that money in the US was going towards some sort of funding for alternative sources of fuel. That is not happening.

Well now that they are going to run oil through our national park in Alaska, everything will get better. :roll:

bout time they drill in Alaska!!
    [img:81319149fb]http://img104.exs.cx/img104/1055/wiultmossfan4ax.gif[/img:81319149fb]

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Viking_Spirit" wrote:
    No, Congress has better things to do, and the Government shouldn't be putting their nose in things like this.
    Yeah, like the emergency session that they had yesterday to circumvent the decision that the Florida state courts made in the Schiavo case...why don't they just pass laws where they can tell everyone how to run their lives...we could all just become slaves to the privileged few!
    I'm not sure what I think of that yet, but I think Mike Schiavo is full of crap. There's a bunch of stuff coming out now that conflicts with Mike Schavio's testimony. If he lied about this, I'm all for congress stepping in to save this woman's life. If not, then then congress shouldn't be involved.

I also don't get why her parents don't have final say in this matter. After all, it's their kid.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

"sitandbehitski" wrote:
    If their taking illegal stuff, or doing illegal activities than yeah, otherwise no way! Like PurpleRide said, go get the da|/|ned gas prices down. (Where the hell are those saudi-royal connections everyone said Bush had?)
    The problem is that our country dosen't control gas prices. We can't do much of anything to change them...we just have to roll with it.

And, those Bush-saudi connections weren't much at all. The only reason he has connections is because he was in the oil buisness, and everyone in the oil buisness has connections with Saudi Arabia. And, if you heard that from Farenheit 9/11, it was bulls*it, just about everything in that movie was debunked as propoganda BS.

"WI-ULT-MOSS-FAN" wrote:
    bout time they drill in Alaska!!
    I agree, we should have been drilling in ANWR for a long time now. And, this drilling is supposedly going to be pretty enviromentaly safe, and it's only in a small fraction of ANWR.

And, there is also money going twoards hydrogen-run cars. There's been money going twoards that for a couple years now.

Anyways, I'm gonna stop there before I go on a political rant. Don't want to make this more of a political thread than it already is...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12