Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: should alcohol be illegal?

"WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    Beer doesn't kill people.
    People kill people.

If stupid people didn't have the ability to drink and drive, they would just find some other way to endanger the rest of us.
    same could be said of any drug. Alcohol can also kill you just by drinking it, overdoses that lead to death are not uncommon.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

No. It's called freedom of choice. We all have it. If we do something to hurt another person, like drinking and driving, then we should accept the consequences. The government is to protect the people, not regulate it.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

There is no point, people will drink anyway.

Normal drinking of alcohol does not have any serious health concerns.

The statistics of drunk driving has nothing to do with drinking, but driving while drunk (which IS illegal).

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Json" wrote:
    It is like this, I see no reason why any of these drugssould be illeagle, If the government had a way to tax maryjane or crack or coke it would legal. I say make all of the stuff legal it would help solve the global warming problem by reducing the population.
    I'm pretty sure that weed could easily be produced by the government and distributed and taxed like you've never seen.
    I don't feel that is the reason it is illegal, it's mostly because it already is and the uproar from people would make it more of a hassle then anything else.
    That and beign that it's illegal that makes money on your ass any how by locking you up if/when you get caught which helps them get more money on the budget, and the fines one has to pay is outrageous usually, and last they make you take an assessment usually through the state which you pay a hefty fee to do, yet its mandatory. There is truly no good reason to legalize it, besides one HUGE thing, which is that it helps people in horrible medic al condition but who cares about peoples health right?
    Are you saying they make money by locking people up? It costs a whole shit load of dough to keep people in prison.

And if you are concerned about peoples' health, then make it a prescription drug, don't just legalize it outright.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    There is no point, people will drink anyway.

Normal drinking of alcohol does not have any serious health concerns.

The statistics of drunk driving has nothing to do with drinking, but driving while drunk (which IS illegal).
    so you are for legalizing pot also?

"Braddock" wrote:
    No. It's called freedom of choice. We all have it. If we do something to hurt another person, like drinking and driving, then we should accept the consequences. The government is to protect the people, not regulate it.
    So you are for legalizing pot also?

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

actually, yes i'm for legalizing pot. In fact, I say legalize everything, just put higher taxes on the more dangerous stuff. Just look at Amsterdam, if they can do it, why can't we?
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

"Braddock" wrote:
    actually, yes i'm for legalizing pot. In fact, I say legalize everything, just put higher taxes on the more dangerous stuff. Just look at Amsterdam, if they can do it, why can't we?
    right on, I am just fishing for all those pot haters out there, no one has said yes make alcohol illegal even though it is far more dangerous than other illegal drugs.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Json" wrote:
    No matter how many stats I read, all I know is that weed is not only better for your health then excessive drinking
    That's the keyword there. Excessive drinking.

Nuff said!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "Json" wrote:
    No matter how many stats I read, all I know is that weed is not only better for your health then excessive drinking
    That's the keyword there. Excessive drinking.

Nuff said!
    so do you think alcohol should be illegal? why or why not
    Do you think pot should be illegal? why or why not

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast