Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 55
  1. #11
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,275

    Re: should alcohol be illegal?

    "cogitans" wrote:
    If tobacco were discovered today, it would be made illegal right away.

    This discussion will lead nowhere either.
    So are you for making alcohol illegal?
    Milllions of people have been smoking pot for many years and that remains illegal.

  2. #12
    RK.'s Avatar
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    4,442

    Re: should alcohol be illegal?

    Been there done that.

    History of prohibition.

    It simply created more problems than it fixed.

    WWBGD

  3. #13
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,599
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: should alcohol be illegal?

    "jessejames09" wrote:
    I don't understand how jack daniels is legal. That's a fat beeyatch, a fight, and an arrest all in one bottle.
    LMAO!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #14
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: should alcohol be illegal?

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    If tobacco were discovered today, it would be made illegal right away.

    This discussion will lead nowhere either.
    So are you for making alcohol illegal?
    Milllions of people have been smoking pot for many years and that remains illegal.
    I'm not for changing anything.

    But let me add that if for some reason people should convince the majority to legalize pot, I won't be on the barriers against that.

    But I really don't see it as necessary. I don't think people should do it. I don't do it myself, and I never will.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  5. #15
    purplegang's Avatar
    purplegang is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    153

    Re: should alcohol be illegal?

    It is like this, I see no reason why any of these drugssould be illeagle, If the government had a way to tax maryjane or crack or coke it would legal. I say make all of the stuff legal it would help solve the global warming problem by reducing the population.

  6. #16
    The Dropper's Avatar
    The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Portland, Ore.
    Posts
    2,101

    Re: should alcohol be illegal?

    They can have my [s]gun[/s] bottle when they pry it from my cold, dead hand.

    Also, if alcohol were illegal, I'd be out of a job. Temperance movements can kiss my lillywhite ass.

  7. #17
    LuckyVike's Avatar
    LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,785

    Re: should alcohol be illegal?

    I drink, and don't think it should be illegal.
    Besides, I'd like to see them try to make alcohol illegal.
    Already tried once, failed horribly.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

  8. #18
    WisconsinSucks's Avatar
    WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    567

    Re: should alcohol be illegal?

    Beer doesn't kill people.
    People kill people.

    If stupid people didn't have the ability to drink and drive, they would just find some other way to endanger the rest of us.

  9. #19
    scottishvike's Avatar
    scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Dunfermline
    Posts
    1,701
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: should alcohol be illegal?

    I don't think we should differentiate between alcohol and drugs, alcohol is a drug whether its legal or not. The important thing is to be aware of the risks of any substance you choose to take and know the potential consequences.

    I can understand why people get upset at the obvious hypocrisy in cigarettes/alcohol against other drug legislation but hey that's the way governments operate. If you think they will change any time soon you must be smoking crack.

  10. #20
    Json is offline GM
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,109

    Re: should alcohol be illegal?

    It is like this, I see no reason why any of these drugssould be illeagle, If the government had a way to tax maryjane or crack or coke it would legal. I say make all of the stuff legal it would help solve the global warming problem by reducing the population.
    I'm pretty sure that weed could easily be produced by the government and distributed and taxed like you've never seen.
    I don't feel that is the reason it is illegal, it's mostly because it already is and the uproar from people would make it more of a hassle then anything else.
    That and beign that it's illegal that makes money on your ass any how by locking you up if/when you get caught which helps them get more money on the budget, and the fines one has to pay is outrageous usually, and last they make you take an assessment usually through the state which you pay a hefty fee to do, yet its mandatory.
    There is truly no good reason to legalize it, besides one HUGE thing, which is that it helps people in horrible medic al condition but who cares about peoples health right?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Illegal Milk
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-27-2009, 07:43 PM
  2. Pot still illegal, even if it's recycled
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 05:44 PM
  3. NFL furthers ban on Alcohol
    By Garland Greene in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-03-2007, 06:12 AM
  4. I think I'll start drinking alcohol!
    By COJOMAY in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-16-2006, 02:22 PM
  5. would this be illegal????????????????????
    By zimtwister in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-21-2005, 06:44 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •