short series II : Rules
We always hear the "Rules" from the female side, now here are the rules from the male side.
1) Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us bitching about you leaving it down.
2) Sometimes we are not thinking about you, live with it.
3) Saturday and Sunday sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.
4) Don't cut your hair. Ever. Long hair is always more attractive than short hair. One of the big reasons guys fear getting married is that married women always cut their hair.
5) Shopping is NOT a sport and no. we are never going to think of it that way.
6) Crying is blackmail.
7) Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one, subtle hints do not work, strong hints do not work, obvious hints do not work! Just say it.
8) We don't remember dates. Mark Birthdays and Anniversaries on a calender. Remind us frequently beforehand.
9) Most guys own three pairs of shoes -- tops. What makes you think we'd be any good at choosing which pair , out of thirty, would look good with your dress?
10) Yes and no, are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.
11) Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.
12) Check your oil! Please.
13) Anything we said six months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after seven days.
14) If you think your fat, you probably are. Don't ask us, we refuse to answer.
15) If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.
16) Let us ogle. We are going to look anyway, it's genetic.
17) You can either ask us to do something, or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know how best to do it, just do it yourself.
18) Whenever possible, please say what you have to say during commercials.
19) Christopher Columbus did not need directions, and neither do we.
20) All men see only in 16 colours, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. We have no idea what mauve is.
21) If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that, it's genetic.
22) We are not mind readers and we never will be. Our lack of mind-reading ability is not proof of how little we care about you.
23) If we ask what is wrong and you say "Nothing," we will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it's just not worth the hassle.
24) If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear.
25) When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine. Really.
26) Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as navel lint, the price of a new set of golf clubs, the BMW series 3 the Vikings game on sunday.
27) You have enough clothes.
28) You have too many shoes.
29) No, NO, you really do have too many shoes, AND handbags.
30) It is neither in your best interest, or ours, to take the quiz together. No it doesn't matter which quiz.
31) BEER is as exciting for us, as handbags are for you.
32) I'm in shape, ROUND is a shape.
Thank you for reading this. Yes I know I will be sleeping on the couch tonight but did you know, we really don't mind that, it's just like camping. :happy9:
Yesterday is History
Tomorrow a Mystery
TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
call it the "PRESENT"