Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Shockzilla's Trivia Question, People Edition

Who is Pocahontas an ancestor of?
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Shockzilla's Trivia Question, People Edition

I'll say Wayne Newton, i have no idea though.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Lohan! Did I win?

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

I think I heard somewhere that Wayne Newton was decended from Pocahontas. I don't really know though.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    I think I heard somewhere that Wayne Newton was decended from Pocahontas. I don't really know though.

Excerpt from Internet site:

Last but not least, Las Vegas entertainer Wayne Newton made a fuss, a few years ago, about going to England and exhuming Pocahontas' body, and bringing it back to America, to be returned to her ancestral tribal lands for a proper Indian burial, because he is her descendant. There are several problems with that. Pocahontas' remains are no longer intact or identifiable, she died a Christian Englishwoman, and I doubt that Wayne Newton is really a Pocahontas descendant. I have looked around for proof. Wayne Newton was born in 1942 in Norfolk, VA, to a Powhatan Indian/Irish father, and a Cherokee Indian/German mother, according to his official website. To the extent that this is true, he would not be descended from Pocahontas, whose descendants were uniformly Anglo (until the last century). He probably would be a descendant of Powhatan, though, and certainly has more Native American blood than most Pocahontas descendants. Email me a line of descent from Pocahontas to Wayne Newton, and I'll check it out. Until then, Wayne, you're dubious.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

I voted for Lohan, but I have no idea.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

That is funny I had no idea that Wayne was related to Pocahontas.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

"cajunvike" wrote:

Last but not least, Las Vegas entertainer Wayne Newton made a fuss, a few years ago, about going to England and exhuming Pocahontas' body, and bringing it back to America, to be returned to her ancestral tribal lands for a proper Indian burial, because he is her descendant. There are several problems with that. Pocahontas' remains are no longer intact or identifiable, she died a Christian Englishwoman, and I doubt that Wayne Newton is really a Pocahontas descendant. I have looked around for proof. Wayne Newton was born in 1942 in Norfolk, VA, to a Powhatan Indian/Irish father, and a Cherokee Indian/German mother, according to his official website. To the extent that this is true, he would not be descended from Pocahontas, whose descendants were uniformly Anglo (until the last century). He probably would be a descendant of Powhatan, though, and certainly has more Native American blood than most Pocahontas descendants. Email me a line of descent from Pocahontas to Wayne Newton, and I'll check it out. Until then, Wayne, you're dubious.
    Well, according to my "source", Wayne Newton is the correct answer, but I'll accept your interpretation as well - after all, and I know Wayne Newton how?

P.S. - You were WRONG this time, Ultra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

If the question was: Who knows the most about Pokeahindass? The answer would have to be a Packer fan! LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"shockzilla" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:

Well, according to my "source", Wayne Newton is the correct answer, but I'll accept your interpretation as well - after all, and I know Wayne Newton how?

P.S. - You were WRONG this time, Ultra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I won your last one and I am still waiting for my prize.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast