Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Shockzilla's moving on...

Shock,

Move to Tampa now and I got a job for ya in your same industry, just throwing it out there.

Myself, havn't had a job since August. I remember when you were posting on here looking and were excited to find this gig, but from my few jobs ... you just need to take what you can from jobs (skills, certifcation, etc.) and move on.

I have been taking the time off to be at home with a new puppy we got and walking him enjoying the FL weather, got my 6-Sigma certification (paid by previous employer of course) which is allowing me to change career paths and expand the womans business for her.

We are all just a number in the corporate world ... your story is the same as my previous 3 jobs over the last 8 years ... just take what you can, gain the new knowledge and keep moving.

I look at it like this, I bust my hump for raises and bonus's but in return I get squat back. Cost of living raises and a small pitance of a bonus.

If you feel your seriously skilled, start a small business. Best thing we have done. Your efforts are appreciated by your clients you gain, the tax advantages are incredible ( you can write off almost anything ... legally ) and the schedule is fantastic.

Think about it ... you may need to get another corporate gig in the mean time, but get a small business going also so eventually you can work for yourself. The woman is close to ending her corporate gig and going full time at her business and I am close to going back to the corporate world ... but with more skills and knowledge then before (thanks to being paid by previous employer) and really relaxed from an extended vacation. Not to mention the knowledge knowing .... That job don't mean shit, you fire me I just move on and increase my asking price (which most usually get) to MORE than make up for the lack of decent raises and bonus's .... Way of the world today !!! The days of spending 10, 15, etc. years at one company are long past .......

Take stock in yourself and your abilities .... Then start living life on your terms !! You will never look back.

Schleppy is offline Starter

Hey Shock, things happen for a reason. I got bumped to afternoons last summer and thought I would hate it. Except for not seeing my kids and having to use vacation to attend their functions, afternoons are great. No bosses around, less personnalities to deal with, I work by myself, take breaks when I want, etc. I would like to go back to days eventually, but right now its OK. Good Luck in your search. skol

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Sucks to hear that Shock. Schleppy's right. Everything happens for a reason. Your next job may be the one you have always dreamt about. Good luck!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Sorry to hear that Shock. I wish you the best of luck and hope everything works out for you!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

coreyd is offline Coach

A rolling rock gathers no moths.....or something like that. I have not met you personally but I have read a lot of your posts and I think your a hell of a guy. Look at this as an oppurtunity. Things happen for a reason. Sounds to me like you deserved better anyway.

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

ow. that hurts.

don't worry.

go do something that you LOVE to do man!!

like becoming a professional chair tester.

now that would be sweet.

good luck man.

we're here for ya!

Go vikes!!

I am sorry to here that shock. You know what they say one door close another two open.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

"shockzilla" wrote:
    Sorry to SCARE all you kiddies here... I don't mean from PP.O, I mean from my current job. I'm gettin' the ol' HEAVE HO, the AXE, the short goodbye and awkward silence.

**RANT ON**
    You see, I'm being forced from my position by a "Project Manager" who couldn't manage to wipe her own a$$ even if it was right in front of her smug, back-stabbing, double-crossing, no good mug.

I have been in a contract position as a web designer for a company called "The Goodman Group". I started in September (the 28th), and was SUPPOSED to have a 60-day review in November (which I didn't get until December). Well, I HAD TO APPROACH THEM to find out then that they were having concerns with some of my work. Keep in mind here that I was using a software program (Dreamweaver) that was completely different than the one the other designer was using (Adobe GoLive). So, I had to deal with the fact that our work looked different because of that. Well, I can deal with that. They said at the time that they wanted to extend my contract another 30 days, see if things would change, and wanted me to learn the other software instead of use what I KNEW. Fine, I could deal with that. I liked working here, and I am flexible.

So, I started over with two websites, using the NEW software (which, remember, I had never used before), and things were looking up. Well, a month went by, and they STILL had not come to a decision. Keep in mind that, all this time, they are saying that they feel I don't have a sense of urgency, that my work is inferior to the other designer's. Anyway, the 30 days went by AGAIN, and still no word. Meanwhile I am WAITING AND WAITING AND WAITING AND WAITING for ANY type of feedback, communication, website content, ANYTHING AT ALL, from this b!tch of a Project Manager (my @$$!!!!!), about whether my work is OK, whether I need to change things, what needs to be changed, and not a D@MN word!!!! So, I finally GO TO MY BOSS (not the other way around) and ask him what my status is. Well, he tells me what he's got to say is not what I want to hear. He tells me that I'm "not going to be the long-term solution" to what they want. YET, GET THIS: They want me to CONTINUE to work there and do what I'm doing until a) they find a replacement for me or b) I find something else. THEY WANT ME TO STAY THERE AND BE THEIR F-IN SLAVE-BOY UNTIL THEY FIND SOMETHING BETTER!!!If they want to pay me to surf, beeyatch about them, whatever, fine with me...

Anyway, sorry, I'm tired of talking about this CRAP-A$$ place and the way I'm being treated... I need to get drunk.

Thanks for letting me rant.

Shock

**RANT OFF**
    sorry to hear that, been there done that, theres ALWAYS something better ahead of you

nothing personal here shock..for those of you who bitched about the mike tice firing..this is why he asked for a "asap"...

shock good luck to you, I know you be better off !

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"shockzilla" wrote:
    Sorry to SCARE all you kiddies here... I don't mean from PP.O, I mean from my current job. I'm gettin' the ol' HEAVE HO, the AXE, the short goodbye and awkward silence.

**RANT ON**
    You see, I'm being forced from my position by a "Project Manager" who couldn't manage to wipe her own a$$ even if it was right in front of her smug, back-stabbing, double-crossing, no good mug.

I have been in a contract position as a web designer for a company called "The Goodman Group". I started in September (the 28th), and was SUPPOSED to have a 60-day review in November (which I didn't get until December). Well, I HAD TO APPROACH THEM to find out then that they were having concerns with some of my work. Keep in mind here that I was using a software program (Dreamweaver) that was completely different than the one the other designer was using (Adobe GoLive). So, I had to deal with the fact that our work looked different because of that. Well, I can deal with that. They said at the time that they wanted to extend my contract another 30 days, see if things would change, and wanted me to learn the other software instead of use what I KNEW. Fine, I could deal with that. I liked working here, and I am flexible.

So, I started over with two websites, using the NEW software (which, remember, I had never used before), and things were looking up. Well, a month went by, and they STILL had not come to a decision. Keep in mind that, all this time, they are saying that they feel I don't have a sense of urgency, that my work is inferior to the other designer's. Anyway, the 30 days went by AGAIN, and still no word. Meanwhile I am WAITING AND WAITING AND WAITING AND WAITING for ANY type of feedback, communication, website content, ANYTHING AT ALL, from this b!tch of a Project Manager (my @$$!!!!!), about whether my work is OK, whether I need to change things, what needs to be changed, and not a D@MN word!!!! So, I finally GO TO MY BOSS (not the other way around) and ask him what my status is. Well, he tells me what he's got to say is not what I want to hear. He tells me that I'm "not going to be the long-term solution" to what they want. YET, GET THIS: They want me to CONTINUE to work there and do what I'm doing until a) they find a replacement for me or b) I find something else. THEY WANT ME TO STAY THERE AND BE THEIR F-IN SLAVE-BOY UNTIL THEY FIND SOMETHING BETTER!!!If they want to pay me to surf, beeyatch about them, whatever, fine with me...

Anyway, sorry, I'm tired of talking about this CRAP-A$$ place and the way I'm being treated... I need to get drunk.

Thanks for letting me rant.

Shock

**RANT OFF**
    Sooo....you're saying she's a Packer Fan?

:lol:

coreyd is offline Coach

Hey shock...I have a business adventure for us to work on. Ready?

MIDGET CAGE FIGHTING!!

Seriously think about it. I think it would be a hit. Imagine sitting around the tv with your friends on a Saturday night watching this. I think I am on to somehting.

No offense to any midgets.....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast