Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Shockzilla's moving on...

Sorry to SCARE all you kiddies here... I don't mean from PP.O, I mean from my current job. I'm gettin' the ol' HEAVE HO, the AXE, the short goodbye and awkward silence.

**RANT ON**
    You see, I'm being forced from my position by a "Project Manager" who couldn't manage to wipe her own a$$ even if it was right in front of her smug, back-stabbing, double-crossing, no good mug.

I have been in a contract position as a web designer for a company called "The Goodman Group". I started in September (the 28th), and was SUPPOSED to have a 60-day review in November (which I didn't get until December). Well, I HAD TO APPROACH THEM to find out then that they were having concerns with some of my work. Keep in mind here that I was using a software program (Dreamweaver) that was completely different than the one the other designer was using (Adobe GoLive). So, I had to deal with the fact that our work looked different because of that. Well, I can deal with that. They said at the time that they wanted to extend my contract another 30 days, see if things would change, and wanted me to learn the other software instead of use what I KNEW. Fine, I could deal with that. I liked working here, and I am flexible.

So, I started over with two websites, using the NEW software (which, remember, I had never used before), and things were looking up. Well, a month went by, and they STILL had not come to a decision. Keep in mind that, all this time, they are saying that they feel I don't have a sense of urgency, that my work is inferior to the other designer's. Anyway, the 30 days went by AGAIN, and still no word. Meanwhile I am WAITING AND WAITING AND WAITING AND WAITING for ANY type of feedback, communication, website content, ANYTHING AT ALL, from this b!tch of a Project Manager (my @$$!!!!!), about whether my work is OK, whether I need to change things, what needs to be changed, and not a D@MN word!!!! So, I finally GO TO MY BOSS (not the other way around) and ask him what my status is. Well, he tells me what he's got to say is not what I want to hear. He tells me that I'm "not going to be the long-term solution" to what they want. YET, GET THIS: They want me to CONTINUE to work there and do what I'm doing until a) they find a replacement for me or b) I find something else. THEY WANT ME TO STAY THERE AND BE THEIR F-IN SLAVE-BOY UNTIL THEY FIND SOMETHING BETTER!!!If they want to pay me to surf, bitch about them, whatever, fine with me...

Anyway, sorry, I'm tired of talking about this CRAP-A$$ place and the way I'm being treated... I need to get drunk.

Thanks for letting me rant.

Shock

**RANT OFF**
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

zimtwister is offline Coach

Re: Shockzilla's moving on...

shock- you are way to smart for those people. you will get something better, trust me. btw- if that woman was a man would she still have her job? no way they would have fired her a long time ago. until people go through something, they dont know how much the liberals of the 70 80 and early 90's screwed the work place up.
    "you dream of beating me, its time you wake up and apologize."

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Sorry Shock, may this in the long run be just something to look back on and laugh about as you thrive at your new position!!!!!!!!!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

I thought I was drunk for a moment, thinking that was Boomer Esiason in his avatar. I'm glad to know it ain't.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Thanks, guys - I knew I could come here for REAL friends...
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

Wow Shock that sucks. What are ya gonna do?

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

I feel your pain. I remember about 5 years ago at this job I had, a woman that also worked there was promoted to assistant manager.. I was perplexed by this.. considering she wasn't the brightest light on the christmas tree, and I had to take orders from this person... bitch.. she did have a nice set of jooblies.

6-KINGS Guest

Hang in their Shock.

Not sure if you want to move, but this kind of job in Texas is VERY shorthanded.
    Hit Monster.com

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

you will find a new job in no time. dont worry about it brother!
    We're bringing purple back.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

U will find something Shock.. Don't let it get ya down bro!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast