Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Re: Shock's Trivia Question

DING DING DING - we have a winner!!!!!

Congrats i_bleed_purple. You are correct!!! Wow, I thought that one would be easy for someone...
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Hey, Shock, I remember a few years back you posted one of these with a pic of some weird tool that we had to identify... I can't remember the answer, and if you remember it off the top of your head it would save me some difficult searching.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090369
    I think this is a trick question, even though you want to make it sound easy. Have to be something close to the first SB in 66......

PUKERS won the first two but I don't think thier QB ever played in the AFL. First AFL (AFC) team to win the SB was the Chiefs (or Colts) a few years later but I don't think the Chiefs won an AFL championship and the Colts had Mr. Playboy as thier QB. He was way to young to have played in a AFL championship.

I give up. Gonna go google, however, I will say Starr, even though I think it is wrong.
    Ummm....Marrdro, the first AFL team to win the Super Bowl was the Jets the year before against the Colts...
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

yes, and the AFL teams were not (AFC) teams ever. the AFL merged after superbowl IV, so the VIkings and the Chiefs were the last ever AFL and NFL champions before the merger

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1090538
    yes, and the AFL teams were not (AFC) teams ever. the AFL merged after superbowl IV, so the VIkings and the Chiefs were the last ever AFL and NFL champions before the merger
    Which is why we can always say that the Vikings HAVE won an NFL championship.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "shockzilla" #1090532
    I think this is a trick question, even though you want to make it sound easy. Have to be something close to the first SB in 66......

PUKERS won the first two but I don't think thier QB ever played in the AFL. First AFL (AFC) team to win the SB was the Chiefs (or Colts) a few years later but I don't think the Chiefs won an AFL championship and the Colts had Mr. Playboy as thier QB. He was way to young to have played in a AFL championship.

I give up. Gonna go google, however, I will say Starr, even though I think it is wrong.
    Ummm....Marrdro, the first AFL team to win the Super Bowl was the Jets the year before against the Colts...
    \
    Thats why, after I googled instead of relying on my memory, I posted to ignore my earlier jibberish.

Unlike some, I actually try to use my memory on these things.....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1090517
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090500
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1090491
    I've got the real answer.

in 1957, Tobin Rote led the Detroit Lions to become NFL champions. He then went on to lead the San Diego Chargers as AFL champions in 1963 over the Boston Patriots.

Interestingly enough, he's also a member of the Green Bay Packers HOF, although he never won a title with them.

I win
    No way you knew that though. Probably took multiple google efforts.
    you underestimate me.

haha, no, I looked up all the teams that won the AFL championship. Then, while looking at the players profiles on nfl.com, a few of them played on teams that I recall winning NFL championships near that time. Narrowing down the list, to take out Blanda, Dawson and Namath, there was only 3 other guys. I did know the Lions won a few NFL championships in the 50's, and when I saw Rote played in 57, light went off.
    LOL, we had about 10 or so in the office on the wipe board trying to map them all out.

Finally a few got mad and left and did what you resorted to.

Silly ole Shock, saying it was easy. He cracks me up. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "shockzilla" #1090528
    DING DING DING - we have a winner!!!!!

Congrats i_bleed_purple. You are correct!!! Wow, I thought that one would be easy for someone...
    Do another one, ......

Do another one,.......

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090630

\
    Thats why, after I googled instead of relying on my memory, I posted to ignore my earlier jibberish.

You're probably one of the few, if any

Quote Originally Posted by "shockzilla" #1090634
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090630

\

You're probably one of the few, if any
    I did actually get one once. Can't remember what it was about, but I did get one.

Again, I love these things.....DO ANOTHER......

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast