Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Re: Shock's OFFICIAL continuing job search thread...

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    nah i think a part time pays more.. plus it keeps ya busy.. dont u only get like 600 a month with unemployment or something? you can get like 300 a week if you make like 8-9 bucks an hour and work 40 hours.. well i guess that wouldnt be parttime but would be temporary

It is based off what you put in.
    It is based off your salary at least here it is. Because essentially your taking money that you paid into the system through taxes.

They take a snapshot of a quarter of the fiscial year, the last one you worked and go off of that. When I was on it right after I lost my first job out of college I was making way more then minimum wage. And you get paid weekly.

It makes it easier to find a REAL job too because you don't have to spend your day dipping fries you can be out looking for a job.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

i was just sayin like washing dishes all he would have to do is carry a tray of dishes to machine put em in and go.. get like 10 bucks an hour there.. i figured he would just want to keep busy and get some money for doing it... and look online for a job like with the sites u posted.. u pulled a job real quick and posted that.. it dont take too long.. im sure he just wants to get on with his "real" job tho

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

That really sucks Shock.

Just keep your head up and continue marching! Your hard work and persistance will pay off!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"shockzilla" wrote:
    OK, so I'm thinking things can't get ANY weirder when - BINGO - they do. I went in for an interview Tuesday morning at 10:00 with a "recruiting" firm (Adecco Technical - STAY AWAY), and we sit down, go over my resume, etc... He tells me he has me in mind for a contract (4-6 week) position with a firm in the Twin Cities, and he's going to see if he can get me a interview. This is Tuesday morning. So, I call him back yesterday afternoon (Wednesday), and I ask for him, and the woman says He does not work here any more! :shock: WTF!? So I said "What happened? When did he leave?" and she says "Well, he left for a position with another firm yesterday afternoon." Again, I'm thinking WTF!?!? :shock: So, there's another opportunity TOTALLY shot down!!! What's next? George Bush wants me to come work for the Government?
    I would track that SOB down and make him cough up the job source that he was talking about...beat it out of him if necessary!!! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Actually, since that happened yesterday, I've gotten a couple opportunities. One, I got another interview tomorrow morning, and something else, a pretty unique opportunity (where a position would be created for me), has come up, and I'll be meeting with a guy probably next week.

It's about time :roll:
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"shockzilla" wrote:
    Actually, since that happened yesterday, I've gotten a couple opportunities. One, I got another interview tomorrow morning, and something else, a pretty unique opportunity (where a position would be created for me), has come up, and I'll be meeting with a guy probably next week.

ROCK ON...or should I say...SHOCK ON!!!!

Good luck with it!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Keep fighting the good fight!!!
    We are all in your corner!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"shockzilla" wrote:

tell them not to mess you about, else the boys and girls from PP.O will be round to see them :twisted:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Shock -- back in the day I also went to Adecco. A friend told me about it and it turned out to be a complete waste of time also.

Hang in there and keep trying, you will eventually land a good job, probably better than your previous one. I was laid off my job back in '99 and I found a much better job with better pay, benefits, and have been much happier ever since. I consider myself lucky to have been let go so I could begin my new job.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Work is OVERRATED! I started back to work (layed off, winter) last week and it's mud hole. Ankle deep in mud. Ya start wondering if $20 an hour is worth it!! After the day I'v had, that liquer store job sounds good.

ps. i feel better NOW, i'm on ppo!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast