shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Shock's Movie Review: Get Him To The Greek

Well, it's been a while since I've done one of these, so I figured it was time.

I went to see "Get Him To The Greek" last night, and I really enjoyed it! If you liked the movie "The Hangover", this movie will make you laugh. It was produced by Judd Apatow, who also produced some of the funniest recent comedies, including The 40-Year-Old Virgin, Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Knocked Up.

English comedian Russell Brand plays Aldous Snow, an English rocker has-been, whose descent from sobriety to constant drinking, drug use and women-chasing has ruined his career and his relationship with his girlfriend, Jackie-Q. After Aldous makes a disastrous record called African Child, Jackie leaves him and he decends into his current situation. Meanwhile, music industry hopeful Aaron Green, played by Jonah Hill (from SuperBad), is put in charge of bringing Aldous back to New York, then LA, for a reunion concert celebrating the 10-anniversary of the release of Aldous' African Child CD. What transpires is some late-night, 24-hours partying, with Aldous trying everything he can to get Aaron to lighten up and have fun, and Aaron trying everything he can to get Aldous to his destination in 72 hours, while not losing his job in the process.

The humor is mostly raunchy and drug-related, but often laugh-out-loud funny. The last 1/2 hour is sentimental, but not overly so. Jonah Hill is very understated as Aaron, who wants desperately to find his way in the business, and Russell Brand as Aldous plays him almost like a very nice, well-intentioned drug addict. He and Aaron form a friendship that lasts.

There are quite a few famous people in cameos throughout the movie, and some obvious references to "Forgetting Sarah Marshall". I really liked the humor in this movie - there's a bit on the set of the "Today" show that's very funny.

I give it

PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Shock's Movie Review: Get Him To The Greek

I want to see this movie before and after the review. Thanks for the tips.
    We're bringing purple back.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Shock's Movie Review: Get Him To The Greek

Cheers Shock. Will keep an eye out for when/if it makes it over here as i loved Forgetting Sarah Marshall and the Hangover

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Shock's Movie Review: Get Him To The Greek

I must see this movie soon!

Thanks for putting int he time to do this

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

An advert has just come on the tv here saying the movie is out on 23rd June here... spooky!!

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Wow I'm surprised people like this movie. I didn't even have expectations for this movie and it disappointed me. There were maybe one or two funny parts in the whole movie. I love the hangover and forgetting sarah marshall, but this movie just wasn't impressive at all. I asked my two friends who are both HUGE russell brand fans and neither of them liked it.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Thanks for the review my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg