Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Re: Shock's Big Adventure

"singersp" wrote:
    The more weight you lose the longer your penis will look when you look down.

Now that's motivation!
    Yeah, when I'm finally able to see it!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Bodybuilding.com

You'll find a lot there, also, there's a great book called "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle" By Tom Venuto. I have the ebook downloaded, so if you want a copy let me know and I'll gladly email it to you.

100 Pounds in 6-7 months is pretty damn fast, but in your case with the amount of weight you have to lose you can pull it off.

Great luck! Keep us updated, you can do this.

Blog Entries

"Mr" wrote:
    Bodybuilding.com

You'll find a lot there, also, there's a great book called "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle" By Tom Venuto. I have the ebook downloaded, so if you want a copy let me know and I'll gladly email it to you.

100 Pounds in 6-7 months is pretty damn fast, but in your case with the amount of weight you have to lose you can pull it off.

That'd be great! I'll PM my email address to you.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Mr" wrote:
    Bodybuilding.com

Been there, good site.

Shock, read this one too.
    A lot of good stuff:
    http://www.bbforums.com/

I know you are not going for Mr. Olympia.
    But a lot of the theories for body builders is the same for people looking to lose weight.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

I luckily haven't been in a situation where I had to loose weight, so I can't offer you any advice based on personal experience.

But they do tell me that it's hard to do, and if I can help your motivation, I'll do that for you.

The problem with weight loss often is, that it's not just enough to make a big stint to loose weight in a period of time, just to gain it again later. It's all about making a change in your life for good.

That's not to say that you can't make a big drop in the beginning of a weight loss. But to maintain it, and to make a realistic change in life you need to do 3 things:

1. Eat healthier.

That's often the hardest thing. But one need to cut away the fat, sweats, and sodapops.
    Find some healthy recipes that you like to eat. There are numerous sites on the internet that offer you suggestions to how to eat normal stuff that is just not that fat.
    Don't do the stupid weight loss 'only eat this' things, but try just eating healthy and without the fat for life.

2. Eat gradually less

Your body is probably used to eat a lot of food. It'll be a shock to the system to take it all away in one stint, and drain you of all energy both physically and mentally.
    Try over a period of time, fx. a month, to focus on your food along with your wife, and set a plan to cut down the amounts on the plate by eating a little less each day, so your system can adjust.

4. Exercise

To get exercise is also for life.
    It's good that you have this program to start of your program, and doing sports once in a while is also good.
    But what really counts is the daily work. And actually we should all do workouts for 30-45 min. a day.
    This is not about going to the gym, because everybody (or most of us), would hate that in the long run.
    It's just about getting motion into your daily routine. Take a bike to work, do light gardening or work around the house on weekends, take a walk around the block after dinner with your wife or with a dog if you got one, even take the stairs instead of the elevator in a building.
    As long as your body is somehow in motion for 30-45 min. over the course of each day, as part of the daily routine, it can do you wonders.

Good luck with it all Shock, I'll be checking in on you.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Good luck Shock!
    You can do it, it will be worth the adjustments to your lifestyle.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    You do this & keep doing it & I'll quit smoking...................again.

Deal?
    You got it.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"shockzilla" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    You do this & keep doing it & I'll quit smoking...................again.

Deal?
    You got it.
    I have 4 packs left. When they're gone.....I'm done!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Diabetes has entrenched itself in my family, mostly because we all love to eat bad food and refuse to exercise.

Since I have retired from the Navy I quit working out daily, started to eat even worse than before and put on 45 lbs resulting a a daily dose of Micardis (Blood Pressure), a new cholestoral pill (Simvastatin) and a low dose asprin.

Along with that stuff, and more importantly I have changed my eating habits, started exercising again.
    Of course bad knees keep me from running, however, I am walking on a tread mill every other day, doing situps/crunches as well as some light lifting again.

Long story short, life style change is what I keep hearing from my doc as well as what is echo'd here.

Good luck my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Same to you, Marrdro! Let's do it together!

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast